Sequels venom in the amazing spiderman

XtremelyBaneful

xoxxxoooxo
Reaction score
when they finally get to it, how would you like venom to be portrayed? how would you want him to look? who would you want to play him? and which venom host character from the comics would you want them to adapt.

imo, the biggest thing to nail about the character is his mouth, and this is how he should look:
VENOM-movie-interview.jpg

wat's important is that they get his mouth right, no incessant big ugly grin, and that's how his build should be too. wat I do not like sometimes about venom and bane in the comics is how they inhumanly have overarching bodies, like friggin broly. they should avoid looks like this:
Venom_Symbiote.jpg
(and an example of bane that should be avoided)

speaking of his build, the actor should be a few inches taller than garfield, and much more muscular. 2 of the best candidates i'd like to see would be the game:
The+Game.jpg

the dude is 6'5" which is great, and he used to be a little more brolic and gaining a little more would be better

other being: channing tatum
Channing-Tatum-Wallpapers-15.jpg

he is 6'1", still a few inches taller than garfield, but I just think it would be interesting to see channing to take a villainous role.

thoughts?

Last edited:
Calling this now! with their desire to "shake things up" Sony/the writers will have Venom be a girl ( maybe Gwen or Mary jane)

^ Please NO!!!!!

I'll be upset enough if it's not Brock. Making it some random girl...

Argh!

Venom won't be a girl, they are well-aware of how much people (even the GA) will complain.

616, Eddie Brock, based on Todd McFarlane's Venom, take him back to his slasher horror/stalking roots.

In that order. :woot:

I think we could get Eddie Brock from the 616 and the USM symbiote. Sort of what they did with Rhino… use Aleksei from the 616 but the USM mech suit.

Symbiote should be alien origin. Although given that we saw a black bottle inside a fridge in the trailer, it seems like it's going to be the Ultimate one. Although they could do the best of both worlds and have it be an alien that was experimented on by the Parkers.

I don't think the symbiote being an alien works in this franchise. Maybe at most what you said: its an alien that was experimented on by Richard Parker.

Y'know, the more I think of it, the more I think it COULD be a good idea. Hmm.

No Venom for me. Too soon to revisit it. I don't respect the character. I don't want to see a hyper-violent villain all of a sudden get turned into an "anti-hero". I never bought it in the comics, I don't buy it now.

Venom is an awesome character that was butchered in SM3. Its not too soon to revisit him on the big screen IMO.

Venom is an awesome character that was butchered in SM3. Its not too soon to revisit him on the big screen IMO.

Completely agreed. Venom is one of the most interesting and complex characters in the comics, I think Venom deserves a movie more so than Spider-Man to be completely honest. I think people would love to see a Venom film (especially if it's done like a psychological horror film, then it should turn out to be absolutely fantastic). Though I would love it to be R-rated, they'll probably go for a PG-13... but hopefully they get the character's violent aggression right because if The Lizard was a sign of how they're going to be handling animalistic creatures, I think we have have a problem. :cmad:

I mean, IDK if I'd say that Venom deserves a movie more than Spider-Man, but he definitely deserves to be on screen again, that's for sure.

I mean, IDK if I'd say that Venom deserves a movie more than Spider-Man, but he definitely deserves to be on screen again, that's for sure.

I think he'd be a great character to appeal to adults more so than kids, so the Todd McFarlane stuff, I'd say, is a must for the big-screen. To adults, as an R-rated film, I think that Venom could make some serious bank and challenge The Matrix: Reloaded to become the highest grossing R-rated film of all-time (if not, an R-rated Wolverine would do it).

I think Sony is going to keep it PG-13 though because its family friendly movies that make more money. It could still be dark and appeal to adults while bringing in younger viewers as well, though.

I think Sony is going to keep it PG-13 though because its family friendly movies that make more money. It could still be dark and appeal to adults while bringing in younger viewers as well, though.

That's the thing though, what if Venom's too scary for the MPAA to actually rate it PG-13? Think about it, he's a creepy stalker who's literally a monster for crying out loud. That will scar some children.

I'm sure they could find a way of doing Venom right without making it R-Rated. Carnage would be a bigger challenge.

I'm sure they could find a way of doing Venom right without making it R-Rated. Carnage would be a bigger challenge.

That's a good point. Carnage would definitely be absolutely terrifying to kids sitting in attendance. I think that some parents expecting it to be another Spider-Man film may be outraged to see that the character's much darker and much more violent than Spider-Man is, they'd probably petition it to become R-rated once the trailer pops up in-front of another comic-book film before it (hence scaring kids and parents being enraged, leading them to petition against the film, over having to deal with their traumatized children).

I would love it if it was R-rated.

Me too. I'm writing my take on Venom's origins as if it's R-rated (already used my one "F" word for a PG-13, and some of the action scenes depicted are a bit violent), but I'm trying to get it as PG-13 friendly as humanly possible (which is a challenge, because, as I said before, Venom's literally a gigantic, drooling stalker who also happens to be a complete monster as well).

so... game or channing tatum for eddie brock?

Im sorry but those maybe some the WORST choices for venom that I have ever seen.

Give me Tom Hardy or Jensen Ackles for 616 style venom, if they go the ultimate route again I'll take Aaron Paul.

Neither. How about Tom Hardy?
i feel like people want tom hardy because he's done a villain before. in any case, i wouldn't want him because he's not taller than andrew and if you read my op i want someone significantly taller than him.
Im sorry but those maybe some the WORST choices for venom that I have ever seen.

Give me Tom Hardy or Jensen Ackles for 616 style venom, if they go the ultimate route again I'll take Aaron Paul.
if i wanted to name the worst choice for venom i would have said justin chatwin. why is the game such a bad choice?

Because Games acting capabilities are mediocre at best. Its more than just size and build thats needed for eddie brock. I would take topher grace again over those two honestly.

Because Games acting capabilities are mediocre at best. Its more than just size and build thats needed for eddie brock. I would take topher grace again over those two honestly.

game hasn't really had a catalogue of films to prove his acting abilities but just like the rock, he needs to be given a chance if acting is something he really wants to do.

topher grace was a disgrace.

Either way its sliced I pretty wont accept Game as Venom. I don't care if he's the next Denzel Washington or DDL. I just can't do it. And yeah Topher was bad but I think that was more to do with how his venom was written than how he was portrayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"