• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Virgin Comics: Anyone tried any of their books

Deathlok2001

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0608/03/virginoct.htm

http://www.virgincomics.com/

Is this just what comics need, Richard Branson. A successful billionaire with good business sense and a proven track record of creativity. His ventures speak for themselves, just read his autobiography!

Virgin Comics has Deepak Chopra! Has anyone picked up any of these books yet... Issue #1 of Devi is suppose to be out now.... What did you think...

Can it be: comic books prominantly racked at Virgin Mega-Stores.

comic books on Virgin Airlines.

Virgin comics being sent directly to Ipods and supported with animatied trailers or network shows.

Imagine everything being produced cheaply in Bangalore (that is the physical art, the podcasts, and the animation).

Virgin has all of these options ......

Is it not interesting that the company is called VIRGIN Comics...... they know their target market! :o:eek:

LOL

j/k

Um... I don't mean to be an a**hole (this time), but I'm looking at these names and I can't help wondering if Branson is actually outsourcing on most of these. He is a corporate big shot, after all...

I got all the ones that came out so far. Snake Woman was pretty good and Devi only got interesting at the end. I still haven't read Sadhu yet.

Deathlok2001 said:
outsourcing.... so what... whats your point
Nothing, I just thought it was funny since outsourcing is supposed to be the ultimate corporate evil.

Devi was pretty good. If you think about it tapping into the asian market is a brilliant move. Their entire movie industry is based around over-simplified concepts of good and evil ,people in brightly coloured costumes spouting cheesy lines while singing and dancing... it's like adam west's batman drawn out over an entire industry. Comics have the potential to be massive over there

Having it be all Indian mythology based is kinda annoying. Its probably the least interesting culture to me.

But indian mythology is fascinating. Just as rich as greek, and it's nice to do something different for a change

I havn't read an of them yet but i'll check out seven brothers when it comes out.

I refuse to buy RAMAYAN REBORN #1, because of the cover.

It's a total sensory experience: Light some joss-sticks listen to some bangra and drift away...

I got the preview book....not interested at all to tell the truth, not my cup of tea. Art looks alright I guess the speech feels stilted though.

TheCorpulent1 said:
Um... I don't mean to be an a**hole (this time), but I'm looking at these names and I can't help wondering if Branson is actually outsourcing on most of these. He is a corporate big shot, after all...

Actually primarily these are indian comics by indian artists and writers. Sure, the cost of production here is a lot lower and so I guess that's one of the reasons Branson thinks this is a good investment.

BUT..then again while Zeb Wells and Michael Gaydos are writer and artist for Snakewoman.

Also it isn't as if the Bangalore art stinks- Devi #2 has some of the best art I've seen in comics. In general their colouring guys rock!

i'm waiting for seven brothers (or whatever its called) but got virgin comics #0 a while back. Can someone (british) tell me how much it was supposed to be? There was no price so she charged me £1, just wasn't sure if that's good or not, despite seeming it. Always bugged me when I went back there - yknow whether I should be uber-grateful.
Indian comics don't really float my boat but #0 read alright.

Also, be wary of Virgin Comics. If it doesn't work Branson will have the company (and whatever you're reading) dropped. Trust me, his businesses pop up over here all the time and a few disappear just as quickly.

MyPokerShirt said:
Also, be wary of Virgin Comics. If it doesn't work Branson will have the company (and whatever you're reading) dropped. Trust me, his businesses pop up over here all the time and a few disappear just as quickly.

Which will result in a massive increase in the price of the books on e-bay etc, especially if you hang onto them for a couple of years

MyPokerShirt said:
i'm waiting for seven brothers (or whatever its called) but got virgin comics #0 a while back. Can someone (british) tell me how much it was supposed to be? There was no price so she charged me £1, just wasn't sure if that's good or not, despite seeming it. Always bugged me when I went back there - yknow whether I should be uber-grateful.
Indian comics don't really float my boat but #0 read alright.

I got it free!

Not bad, interesting...but I don't care for suped up Indian mythology.

I didnt really get the whole Indian thing they were going for. I mean, really, Deepak Chopra? That guy is a *****e. But being Indian myself i figured id give a few a try. Actually only ended up trying Snake Woman, which was pretty good, if only for the Gaydos art. Still, probably not gonna bother picking up any more of it. Ill try out Ramayan Reborn, although it sounds kind of like a superhero verson of the Ramayan, which will probably suck, but we'll see.

Kool-Aid said:
Having it be all Indian mythology based is kinda annoying. Its probably the least interesting culture to me.
But we were one of the foundations for Nazi philosophy. Come on, I know you love Nazis:csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"