Vista-compatible games

[A]

Avenger
Reaction score
Save the bashing for a different thread :hehe:

Can you tell me some games you tried on Vista that actually worked..? I only had two games in my PC —Halo and GTA San Andreas— nothing too complicated as you can see, because I like to do some shooting around after work and/or study, nothing else. But some guy gave his collection of war games to try out and I tried and installed Brothers in Arms. It wouldn't work. So he was all mad and nerdy geeky about how Vista sucks and on and on and blah bleh bleeh I left the room.

Anyway, I'd like to know if there are any Vista working game you could recommend to me. Any kind, type, brand, etc

Thanks in advance! :hyper:

I have Vista and most games work. The only time you are really going to find trouble is stuff pre-XP but for the most part the majority of stuff in recent years is compatible with the OS. Brothers in Arms should work fine as that is Games for Windows certified

Some good games Id recommend would be Oblivion, Sims 2 (if you like that stuff), Peggle, Gears of War, Mass Effect, Bioshock

The only game I played before but didn't work now was MANHUNT.. which was odd (the fact that it didn't work)

Thanks for the tips

I didnt even know Manhunt came out on the PC. If you are finding out that some games dont work, I could suggest you use Google to see if a patch has been released or use the Google search to check out other messasge boards bc if you are having a problem, most likely others have before you and they might have find a way around it. Good luck

The guys who made the witcher are setting up a site called "good old games". Old games that wouldn't work on it now can.

I forgot to add that the various Vista editions come in 2 configurations, 32-bit and 64-bit. You will find the most compatibility with the 32 bit. Issues tend to occure with the 64-bit as most software created for pre-Vista was not created with 64 bit in mind. That what might be why you may run into issues and why others might and they arent aware of this. Ive been checking out new PCs in stores and most are tending to sell the 64 bit version. You can check out MS's website to check the sofware/hardware compatibility of different items. Its not complete but it'll give you a good idea of what will run and what won't: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/Default.aspx?type=Software

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"