WandaVision WandaVision SPOILERS Thread

I was under the impression with the runes that Wanda was making them as she threw her power at Agatha and then kept Agatha afloat in the sky.

No one said that. It's an interesting observation though. Especially since Black Panther is critically acclaimed.

To be honest, I didn't much like Black Panther too. I think the critical acclaim had more to do with its importance as a cultural milestone than its cinematic quality (I personally think it's no better or worse than "Thor" or "Ant-man").

I'm just throwing this out there - but now that the MCU has emphasized magic with witches and sorcerers with this new phase of theirs and will continue to do so moving forward, I am almost certain the new "big bad" in these upcoming movies will be Doctor Doom. Think about it, they are introducing the first family soon, the MCU has always had a big technological aspect to it (Iron Man, his villains, the upcoming War Machine show, Ultron, Vision, White Vision, etc.), and with this investment into the magical, it's exactly what Doctor Doom is all about. That's who I'm rooting for anyway, I think he's way too big of an opportunity with the heroes we have in play to not be the big bad, I'd be surprised if he's only a FF villain and I doubt the first FF movie we get is Doctor Doom as the villain.

Last edited:
To be honest, I didn't much like Black Panther too. I think the critical acclaim had more to do with its importance as a cultural milestone than its cinematic quality (I personally think it's no better or worse than "Thor" or "Ant-man").

I disagree. And the box office for the movie likely would too.

But that's beside the point. It's just an interesting observation. Not to mention the sheer arrogance in the criticisms of the show.

And about the runes: Why should Wanda not know how runes look like? Anyway, I feel sorry you didnt like the show.

I thought I already established that in order to use a superpower, you need to be aware it's there. A reflex is an action performed without conscious thought, but by definition, you have to know it's present, you have to be aware of the part of yourself that is performing it beforehand. Monica could not have known about her particular power at that moment, so she could not have used it, whether it's conscious usage or not.

As for runes, you should go read up on runes as you clearly do not understand what runes are or how they're supposed to work. But even if we're just taking what you just wrote - Wanda only saw the runes for the first time when Agatha showed them to her. That is not and cannot be enough for anything. How would she know how to cast runes based on seeing someone else's runes? How would she know anything about their applications based on someone else showing her their runes? At that point, various questions could be posed: Maybe she needs to create her own? Maybe not? How would she even know the difference and whether there is a difference or not? Your question makes absolutely no sense.

And for what it's worth, I'm sorry I didn't like the show too.

So one has to like these projects to ensure they aren't seen as sexist or racist?
What happens if a black woman didn't like them?
Questions questions...

well that poster didn't just not like them, he/she/other said they were the worst things ever...filled with a ton of hyperbolic statements. and that was my takeaway from his/her/other post. i thought it was hilarious hence my observation. plus i have no idea who the person is behind the username. do you know if he/she/other isn't a black woman?

@BrianThompson
I think it was clear that Agatha created the runes by herself, they even shined purple. Thats enough for comic book logic in my opinion. I think its reckless to assume that Wanda was never learned about runes before. Wanda is an European. I can remember we learned about runes in school in the 5th class in history. I dont know where you come from (you mentioned Texas?) but runes and the history about it are popular in europe.

You could tone down the snark dude. You're coming across as so arrogant over your opinion (i.e. not fact).
You do know there's a clear distinction between an opinionated part of my post and a factual one, right? Of course the part where I like or dislike a certain thing is an opinionated part, but the questions that I posed are factual. There is not a single ounce of opinion or subjectivity in them. Those are factual plot holes. Messy, sloppy, collosally ridiculous plot holes that have no ties to anyone liking or disliking them. Me liking or disliking those would not change the course of the story now, would it? It still falls apart like a house of cards despite either one.

@BrianThompson
I think it was clear that Agatha created the runes by herself, they even shined purple. Thats enough for comic book logic in my opinion. I think its reckless to assume that Wanda was never learned about runes before. Wanda is an European. I can remember we learned about runes in school in the 5th class in history. I dont know where you come from (you mentioned Texas?) but runes and the history about it are popular in europe.

The dialogue of episode 9 goes as follows - Wanda: ''I'm not a witch. I don't cast spells. No one taught me magic.'' It's a pretty one sided statement if you ask me, so I would definitely rule out ''reckless''. And that's without even mentioning Wanda's face expressions in episode 8 when she first sees them and hears about them.

Last edited:
I disagree. And the box office for the movie likely would too.

Box office is far from a perfect indicator of a movie's quality. If it were then the "Transformers" movies would have been masterpieces and "Spiderman Into the Spiderverse" total garbage.

Box office is far from a perfect indicator of a movie's quality. If it were then the "Transformers" movies would have been masterpieces and "Spiderman Into the Spiderverse" total garbage.

Cool story. Again, that's beside the point. The poster has clearly indicated that his posts are the be all and end all of reviews, which makes me think that @djsunyc 's initial post was right on point.

Cool story. Again, that's beside the point. The poster has clearly indicated that his posts are the be all and end all of reviews, which makes me think that @djsunyc 's initial post was right on point.

Chill out. Like I said, I may not be Black Panther's biggest fan but it's far from the worst MCU movie like the other guy said.

The dialogue of episode 9 goes as follows - Wanda: ''I'm not a witch. I don't cast spells. No one taught me magic.'' It's a pretty one sided statement if you ask me, so I would definitely rule out ''reckless''. And that's without even mentioning Wanda's face expressions in episode 8 when she first sees them and hears about them.

If someone tells me some letters are not only symbols but have also a magical meaning, I would be surprised as well. Runen were solid letters for writing in germanics age.

And dont you agree that Wanda casted spells all the time with her magic, she just didnt only was sure that were actually "spells"? Even Agatha said that Wanda casted spells already with the bond between Family and Westview and she didnt knew it.

Well, with all due respect to you, buddy, based on everything you wrote so far, it's clear that not many things in your life really make sense and for that reason, I think it's fair to assume that's why you're okay with TV shows, movies and such having gigantic plot holes and making no sense either. And that's all you. However, most people like when what they're watching and experiencing makes sense, otherwise one can pose the question - what is the point? Make of it what you will.

Man, come on. We are up for a discussion for sure (even if I know I cant convince you and you cant convince me) but changing some rational arguments should be make fun. There is no reason to become personal and do those disrespectful
insinuations. You can love a show even if it actualls has a little plothole here and then. Its called guilty pleasure. Remember the Batman v Superman era? So behave and everyone is happy.

In regards to Monica, she's not a finished product yet. We expect her to fly and have some offensive power by Captain Marvel 2. She can control some of her powers sure (the ones she has right now), doesn't mean she'll be able to control all of them when she gets them all at first glance. The moment she starts flying for the first time, she's probably going to struggle with that, especially the landing. The outrage over Monica being able to control her powers even though she just got them is stupid when she's not even a finished product as a superhero yet. She doesn't even have a Superhero nickname in the MCU. She's going to have her struggles with her powers as a superhero to start off but once she's able to grasp all of her powers, she'll be a phenomenal hero.

Monica Rambeau is not a finished product as a superhero. She's only just started. It's not a big deal that she can control the powers she has right now, because the more powerful ones such as flight and concussive blasts haven't happened yet and chances are she'll struggle with those and she'll need help with those most likely. I really wasn't too upset with Monica not having any offensive power to end the series, because we'll see her get that in Secret Invasion.

1.) How in the hell was Monica instantly able to understand, control and use her fresh, new powers?

I wouldn't say instant. In fact, by the end of the series we still don't really know what she can do. Some characters have funny pratfalls with their newfound powers, some come fresh out of the box with an innate understanding of their abilities. Vision didn't seem to struggle, for instance.

We see Monica's POV after she gains her powers. She sees things in a completely different way. It's not someone struggling with a sudden strength boost, her entire being and how she perceives the world has been altered.

2.) How in the hell did Wanda cast the runes in the last episode?

Wanda saw Agatha's and made her own. How did she make them? Wanda has an instinctual affinity for magic. She doesn't need to now how they work, she can distort reality to have working ones appear.

Literally a wizard did it.

3.) If Wanda casted the runes, how was Agatha able to levitate and use some of her witchcraft, but not all?
Agatha casts no spells after Wanda places the last rune. Perhaps she continues to float because the runes only stop her from casting spells and they don't undo or erase spells already cast. If not, Wanda is floating Agatha once the runes activate. She definitely is doing that moments later, carrying Agatha down after taking her power.

4) What's up with the whole Vision and dupe Vision situation?
Dupe Vision is Vision, or as close as Wanda can approximate, anyway. Within the confines of Wanda's reality Vision is every bit as strong as the real thing. His fake mind stone would fool most jewelers.

5.) With all due respect, wasn't Vision supposed to be really smart?
He's super smart. And perceptive. That's why he kept on becoming skeptical despite Wanda repeatedly trying to force him to conform to her reality. Wanda was rewriting reality itself and Vision could still see through it on some level.

monica didn't really seem to care if she died. she went through the hex on her own not knowing what would happen. she also jumped in front of bullets not really knowing what would happen.

Last edited:
wanda didn't really seem to care if she died. she went through the hex on her own not knowing what would happen. she also jumped in front of bullets not really knowing what would happen.

You mean when Wanda pushed Monica back out of the hex?

sorry, meant monica didn't care if she died.

Ah yes. She was pretty determined to get through that hex. I wonder if she knew that she could make it through based on what Darcy told her about her DNA having changed.

Haven't been on here for a long time.

You're certainly making up for lost time! Coming out guns a blazin' with the hot takes!
Maybe next time pace yourself?

The whole sitcom aspect is unnecessary and downright idiotic. Sure, the show's approach is different, but different does not mean good. In this case, different means utter nonsense. You can skip 95% of this show and you won't miss a thing. The ending was incredibly underwhelming. The newly introduced characters (with the exception of Agatha) are horrible, especially Monica. Her character is a travesty. Agatha is a great, but ultimately a wasted character. Horrible decision on writer's part.

Folks with an affinity for classic sitcoms tend to have a different opinion as to how unnecessary this completely unique take on a superhero TV show is. Maybe it just wasn't for you?

1.) How in the hell was Monica instantly able to understand, control and use her fresh, new powers?

You are not sure how Monica managed to look around, land after a high fall, and shield children from bullets? She did what heroes do and her new powers did the rest.

She passed through the Hex one too many times, got her DNA rewritten and with that, her new powers. That's hilariously idiotic to begin with, but ok. Let's go with that.

You should really read Monica's comic book origin. Totally not hilariously idiotic.

2.) How in the hell did Wanda cast the runes in the last episode?

How the hell did Wanda copy something she saw earlier in the day? I'd chalk it up to having a pretty good memory.

3.) If Wanda casted the runes, how was Agatha able to levitate and use some of her witchcraft, but not all?

She clearly wasn't able to use any of her spells. Her levitation was based on a spell cast pre-runes. Or Wanda was keeping or floating. Or maybe she was wearing a jet pack underneath her layers?

4) What's up with the whole Vision and dupe Vision situation?

As was shown, Wanda is crazy powerful and was able to create a perfect duplicate of her Vision using chaos magic. I would try and explain the science behind it, but it may drive you mad.

White Vision was able to hold his own because Copy Vision wasn't trying to hurt him. Hence him turning the battle into a philosophical argument. Copy and White Vision's density control are built into the synthezoid form and not mind stone dependent. SWORD was able to recreate a reasonable fascimile of Copy Vision's forehead laser in White Vision.

5.) With all due respect, wasn't Vision supposed to be really smart?

This Vision was a copy. He was smart, but didn't have the memories and life history of the Vision that was killed in Wakanda. So it took him a while to catch up.

All that is what you get when a what's-her-face, irrelevant, non-experienced female writer gets pushed into the big league. Instead of using solid logic, her writing consists of pure emotion and delusions because that's how she thinks, that's how her brain works on a daily basis. And as soon as you look at anything even slightly more closely, everything comes tumbling down like a house of cards. What's more tragic and alarming than the fact that Jac Schaeffer thought her script was good is the fact that there was someone who directed this and didn't challenge any of it. And even more scary is that there was someone who green lit this project clearly without giving it a second thought.

Ms. Schaeffer did an excellent job and I am looking to see more work from her in the future. I get that you don't like the show. That's fine. But this take is absolutely disgusting.

One thing I thought about Wanda prior to fight is this is someone who's been trained by Cap and Natasha and when it's clear Agnes is draining her powers, she throws a car at her.

Once she gets her full powers, Monica will embrace her superhero identity if she hasn't already.

This is a reminder that while all sorts of opinions regarding a work are welcome, PERSONAL INSULTS will not be tolerated! Continuing said behavior will result in further action.

Regarding a characters sudden use of powers without knowing they have them. That's been a standard in superhero (and villain) origin stories for many decades.

In the comics Peter Parker's first display of power soon after the spider bite was leaping way up out of the way of a car and sticking to the wall he lands on. How did he know how to do that? He didn't. It just happened and he learned what else he could do as he went.

In post crisis Superman he learned he could fly by accident. On the farm Clark's dog jumped up at him and he stepped backwards over a ditch but didn't fall, realising he was floating instead. In the flashback in Superman Returns it was a similar deal. He was jumping for fun, misjudged one and crashed through the roof of the barn, but he instinctively used his power to fly to stop his fall.

Monica's displays of power have been similar imo. First she sees energy patterns in loads of spectrums and shakes it off. Not unlike Clark's X-Ray vision first kicking in when he was a kid. Second she stops herself being pancaked by Wanda. Instinctive self preservation reaction like Clark's stopping his fall. Then we get her seeing the energy in the necklace and realising that's how Ralph is being controlled, then last her stepping in the way of the bullets. There wasn't any conscious control of her powers, her body reacted as it needed to to stop them. Like stopping the fall, an instinctive self preservation reaction. Like the aforementioned characters, she will learn more about her powers and how best to use them as she goes.

Seriously, if we go down this road there's a number of occasions in the comics and films abilities have turned up without the character requiring an instruction manual first. This aint nothing new and will become more commonplace once the mutants hit town.

monica didn't really seem to care if she died. she went through the hex on her own not knowing what would happen. she also jumped in front of bullets not really knowing what would happen.

Monica was dealing with grief herself. From her perspective, her mother died just a few weeks ago, she wasn't there for her, and she's been effectively demoted in her job. Yes, she is being somewhat cavalier about her own welfare, but she believes she is doing the right thing and making a difference. One she couldn't make with her Mother. That's how I see it at any rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"