Watch and Review my Batman Short Film

CFE

The never-ending battle
Reaction score
Hey guys...

I'm posting this in the fan works forum as well, but with it being Batman, I didn't want it to be overlooked by the target audience I created it for.

I know fan films are mildly tolerated, but I just wanted to let you know that the short film I wrote and directed back in high school is finally online, thanks to a year of audio and video renovations. And this is my very FIRST foray into filmmaking, prior to my acceptance to the Art Institute of Dallas for Digital Media Production.

I realize and recognize the film's shortcomings, but I think Batman fans will appreciate the short's visual stylings.

http://www.batmanfanfilms.com/films/

enjoy the short, and be sure to leave a review on Batman Fan Films.com

:)

CFE

Looked cool from what I saw, but my computer is slow. I'll watch it later on a different computer. I am a filmmaker in high school right now, so it's fun to see another film of my age group.

I'm never too hard on Fan Films, because Ive had one in production for 2 years now (lol), unless it's absolutely horrid. As far as fan films go, this is pretty darn good. I liked the fact that there is no dialogue, thats what ruins alot of these ff's, bad dialogue and bad deliveries. I think it would be very cool to see this in black and white with a bit slower score. It would give it a very earie silent film feel. I also liked the fact that all your actors played their roles serious. Another thing that I see sometimes, bad directing and just bad acting.

There were afew things, that I personally, didnt care for. Didnt "hate" them, just wasnt to my liking. The gang leader looked too much like The Punisher. Would have like a different costume for him. Why is the girl walking alone thru that part of town, that late?lol Didnt like the batarang stuck in the guys chest. Especially when it was pulled out and it was half covered in blood. Gives the impresssion that he killed him. Some of the music didnt seem to fit, I think it needed to be slowed down a bit.

Those are just minor things, nothing real critical. Id give it a 4 out of 5 definitely.

I'm very impressed actually...I'm in the middle of a film (not Batman related, a film-noir crime story) so I can realize the hard work it takes for this kind of thing to take off. To the op, what all did you do in high school, as far as film projects go? Cause once I graduate I really want to go into an awesome film school. I'd like to know some info on preparation.

But, anyway, once again...this turned out fantastic.

PS: Good use of the Sleepy Hollow theme also.

Very good. I enjoyed it greatly. I loved that it was in black in white and was silent. Gave it a very vintage style. Overall I'd toss this into the better pile of the Batman fan films. Keep it up guys!

Thanks for the praises guys.

Don't forget to leave reviews up on BFF for me.

But I appreciate the warm response a lot. My heart was in this project 110%, and it's a very positive feeling to know that my passion for both the character of Batman and this short didn't go unnoticed.

CFE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"