Fantasy Wes Ball To Direct Live-Action Legend of Zelda Movie For Sony Pictures

100% completely agree. Hyrule needs to be vibrant.
Yeah, visually like a combination of Narnia and Avatar.
This requires a higher budget. I do hope they put enough money in the film. What a shame if it ended up as those cheap fantasy adventure shows that aired on television in the past. I used to watch one of them but I don't remember the title
(EDIT: it was "Legend of the Seeker")

What about the tone? Adventurous and fantastical, obviously, yet still mature.
Imagine something close to LOTR but with brighter colors and a bit more magic (Jackson held the sorcery somewhat back).
Might as well throw in an amount of Neverending Story in the mix. I suddenly see some similarity between that and Zelda :)

That last sentence gave me a weird realization. I start to wonder if Zelda and Link could be a little inspired by Child Empress and Atreyu.

Yeah that would be cool. Maybe too predictable? I wouldn’t hate it though

We are all in agreement that Javier Bardem is Ganondorf right?
I don't see a scenario where they'll cast a Ganondorf that doesn't have darker skin tbh.
ganondorf_zelda_twilight-1200x675.jpg

I just assumed whoever they cast would have makeup to achieve that look.
Using makeup to make a white person's skin darker has been an unpopular, frowned upon practice in recent years from what I have observed.
Plus doing so for Ganondorf would presumably mean doing the same for the rest of the Gerudo. I just really don't see that going over well.
800px-Nabooru_Pic.png
2946283-7762575917-urbos.png
377px-Riju_Sage_-_TotK_Character_Profile_art.png

Last edited:
Owen Teague wouldn’t be a bad pick, honestly. He has the look and is a pretty good actor.

Owen Teague wouldn’t be a bad pick, honestly. He has the look and is a pretty good actor.
In several pics, he doesn't give me any Link vibes. It's something about his face, he comes of as too rugged and adult-like. Which makes me wonder what you mean with him having the right looks.
Maybe I can be proven wrong if he lands the role?

Yes, also he seems to be a talented actor. I wouldn't be against it.
I would be that, lol :innocent:
Now, what about my suggestions Lucas Hedges, Colin Ford and Charlie Plummer?
I haven't got a single comment on any of them. Are they really that bad?

Last edited:
I have no idea who any of them are to be honest so I can't really comment.
You're joking, right? You seriously mean you've never heard of Lucas Hedges? How is that possible for someone who likes films?
He was nominated for an oscar a few years ago (supporting role, Manchester By The Sea).

Some of his other work:
Moonrise Kingdom
The Zero Theorem
Lady Bird
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
Boy Erased
Mid 90s
Ben Is Back
Honey Boy
French Exit
Let Them All Talk

You're joking, right? You seriously mean you've never heard of Lucas Hedges? How is that possible for someone who likes films?
He was nominated for an oscar a few years ago (supporting role, Manchester By The Sea).

Some of his other work:
Moonrise Kingdom
The Zero Theorem
Lady Bird
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
Boy Erased
Mid 90s
Ben Is Back
Honey Boy
French Exit
Let Them All Talk
No need to turn it into a personal attack. I haven't watched any of those films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"