What animated comic book movies would you like to see made?

sideburnking

Civilian
Reaction score
In recent years, there have been some good direct- to- DVD animated comic book movies (i.e. the Superman and Batman movies that have come out over the last couple years, 'Hulk vs....", "Planet Hulk," etc.). What comic series or miniseries would you like to see given this opportunity?
The one which most sticks out for me (Though it might be a rather short movie) is the miniseries 'Deadpool: Suicide Kings.' That remains one of my favorite Deadpool stories, and I'd love to see it made into a movie, with either John Kassir or Nolan North as the voice of Deadpool, maybe James Franco as the voice of Conrad, and Keith David as the voice of Tombstone.
What do you guys think?

How about some of the Elsewhere stories for animated series would be interesting. I like see more from Dark Horse or Image to take a crack it. Like The Darkness. Or revamps of old comics like Archie and other Archie comics. I would like to animated pulp heroes like the Shadow, the Phantom or even Doc Savage.

I don't know if this counts, but I've been thinking how cool it would be to have an animated GI Joe Vs Transformers done in the style of the 80's cartoons. Sort of a double tribute to the old shows, similar in intent to Turtles Forever.

Dark Knight Returns.

Surely the DC Animated Movie team must have atleast thought about this...I can see the potential problems; the comic is very bleak and violent, and rooted in 80's culture and politics, and as such maybe not a huge draw for today's kids. And you can't just rely on hardcore fans to purchase. And Timm and co wouldn't want to put out a sensitized, modernised version either. Also, the title would make many think it a sequel to the Nolan movie. So it's a tricky prospect...

Surely the DC Animated Movie team must have atleast thought about this...I can see the potential problems; the comic is very bleak and violent, and rooted in 80's culture and politics, and as such maybe not a huge draw for today's kids. And you can't just rely on hardcore fans to purchase. And Timm and co wouldn't want to put out a sensitized, modernised version either. Also, the title would make many think it a sequel to the Nolan movie. So it's a tricky prospect...

You make a lot of sense Kev. But if it's what I would want to be made then this is it. If the question were 'what is possible...?' then I wouldn't be even replying. It is tricky. I couldn't give two damns in a row about people linking it to Nolan's movies since people thought BB was B89's prequel. I cxan live happy without Timm and co's since their animation was never my favourite. And I can't care any less about kids vieweing this. If they want sugarcoated cartoons they'll always have Disney and Pixar.

Infinity Gaunlet would be cool... although I hate the ending to that mini series

Infinity Gaunlet or Secret wars would be nice.

A CGI Kingdom Come movie, please.

This was my first thought as well, though I'm fine with traditional animation. I'd also want it to be the longest movie yet. Well, long enough so that they're able to get all the crucial pieces in.

Also it'd be interesting to see a full blown Watchmen animation. I'm just curious to see what someone would do with that material using traditional animation. Whenever I think of Watchmen in cartoon form though, I see it being done in the style of Heavy Metal.

At the bottom of my list...maybe a Knightfall trilogy.

iwould liketo see superman batman world finest or superman dooms day i knowi t not happing. i would like to see a static shock moive.

Last edited:
i'd like to see an invaders movie,excalibur movie..and a spider-man animated feature maybe using the death of gwen stacy as the storyline.

also like to see civil war and dark reign and seige rolled up into a movie/trilogy.

I want to see a dark, violent Secret Six movie. Or maybe a Siege movie.

• Secret Wars
  • Age of Apocalypse
  • Batman: Hush
  • The Dark Knight Returns
  • Hawkworld (1989 Mini-Series)
  • Sandman
  • Moon Knight: The Bottom
  • Spider-Man: Kraven's Last Hunt
  • Batman: Son of the Demon
  • X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills
  • X-Men: Mutant Massacre
  • Daredevil: The Man Without Fear
  • WildC.A.T.s (The first Image incarnation of the team)
  • Series of Conan the Barbarian animated movies based on Kurt Busiek's & Tim Truman’s dark Horse comic adaptations of Robert E. Howard's original stories.

• Secret Wars
  • Age of Apocalypse
  • Batman: Hush
  • The Dark Knight Returns
  • Hawkworld (1989 Mini-Series)
  • Sandman
  • Moon Knight: The Bottom
  • Spider-Man: Kraven's Last Hunt
  • Batman: Son of the Demon
  • X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills
  • X-Men: Mutant Massacre
  • Daredevil: The Man Without Fear
  • WildC.A.T.s (The first Image incarnation of the team)
  • Series of Conan the Barbarian animated movies based on Kurt Busiek's & Tim Truman’s dark Horse comic adaptations of Robert E. Howard's original stories.
^Oh hell yes.

Add the death of Gwen Stacy and a Sinister Six animated movie and I'd be set.

I would love for Viacom/Nick to do some DTV of the original TMNT. "The River" storyline comes to mind and also "City at War". Those two turtle stories would be my ultimate animated movies. It would be even cooler I think if they used the models from the CGI movie and tied them to that universe. I know there was talk of doing a CGI DTV issue 1 in that style for the 25th anniversary but it fell through and we got Turtles Forever instead.

The New Gods, just imagine how awesome this movie could be if done right!

I still can't believe no one has jumped on these characters yet?

Bruce Timm what are you waiting for, the New Gods movie is just screaming to be made!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"