What Bat females do you want?

Oracle, Huntress and Batwoman.

And for once, I'd like to see Martha Wayne have a role beyond "Happens to be Bruce's mother.

This especially. It's one of the biggest missed opportunities of Begins and one that was sadly not corrected by the other two films.

Actually that would be quite cool. She's always just been "woman who gets shot with Thomas Wayne" as opposed to Batman's mum. It would be interesting to hear more about her and how her influence affects Bruce's choice of women (Catwoman, Talia etc)

Heh. I'm picturing Alfred in the style of Pierce Brosnan snarking about Bruce obviously preferring brunettes thanks to his mom followed by a flashback of Martha and Thomas acting like Mr. And Mrs. Smith to show how little things have changed.

Geoff Johns made Martha the last descendent of the Arkham family to tie Bruce to the Asylum, so that's one way to expand her role. Paul Dini actually had a full flashback where we see Martha being the driving force behind both the Thompkins clinic and Thomas cleaning up his playboy act for her. He even had her bad mouthing a mobster. I liked that.

Oracle just have her in a wheelchair by some random thug we don't need it to be joker just have her on a computer. No batgirl. Good point by The Guard not a lot of these superhero in movies have strong leadership from their moms. They seem to just be there. I would like either Thompkins or Martha to have a few memorable appearances.

I'd like to see Oracle, but first as Batgirl. That way, you have the subplot of Barbara--who at first is just imitating her heroes--being broken by the villain, then rising in a way that makes her distinct and awesome. Then, if you introduce a later Batgirl (I would like to see Stephanie Brown personally), there'll be that nagging fear if she too will be broken. It could be really interesting to see play out.

Other than that, more Martha Wayne, and MAYBE Batwoman. Of course, Catwoman is a given already.

I certainly want to see Batgirl at some point,but no way do I want to see Oracle.

I don't need to see Babs crippled-though I do believe she was easily one of the best written representations of handicapped people in fiction-but she needs her computer skills for me to think her appearance is warranted.

I don't care for a spunky Batgirl without computer unless she's named Stephanie Brown, and Barabar Gordon was Queen of the Internet for most of my life, and was a fearsome hero because of it. It's basically a defining character trait of hers in my opinion.

I would love to see a batgirl turns to oracle arc done in films actually. I found that story interesting....if anything I'd love to see an adaptation of Black Mirror, the whole gordon family story in that was riveting. Babs waking up to find both her legs stabbed was pretty intense.

Harley Quinn, for me. She is a great character in her own right: a victim of sentimentality and girlish naivety, perhaps Gotham's most tragic character given her abusive relationship with The Joker. She illustrates a side of his character that has yet to be seen in a movie; the daemonically charismatic seducer of souls. I can imagine a movie following them treating Gotham as a fairground in the craziest first date of all time.

^ Absolutely yes to all of that.
I'd love if they used Mad Love as a partial ispiration for the movie... especially the ending.

I'd also like to see Barbara's Batgirl. And maybe Catwoman.

Some female Bat characters that would be great to see are
Dr. Leslie Thompkins, Renee Montoya, & Barbara Gordon/Batgirl

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"