What storylines should be adapted?

Discussion in 'Justice League' started by Kar, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Kar Registered

Do you think classic storylines should be adapted for the movie? Recent storylines? Are completely original ideas?

Me personally I think it'd be cool if they either go the original idea for the first film or adapting the first issue where Starro appeared. For a sequel they should adapt Tower of Babel. I feel like its only right they head in this direction. It'll set it apart from "The Avengers" by having a smaller scale issue that has grander effects as opposed to a huge world wide invasion or some galactic threat. A third film should have them facing Hal as Paralax. So I guess what I'd like to see is first Starro, then Babel, then Emerald Twilight.

2. The Guard Registered

I think a Justice League movie should be a mix of classic storylines.

The basics of the origin story, ROCK OF AGES, WORLD WAR III, KINGDOM COME, THE NAIL, TOWER OF BABEL, etc.

3. cryptic name No Limits

I'd like to see an origin film for the League adapted into Morrison's first arc from the 90's with the White Martians. Merge it with J'onn J'onnz coming to Earth to warn of the invasion and the League forming from there.

4. Changeling Registered

Tower of Babel for sure. Mixed with the OMAC project...

5. cryptic name No Limits

That would be the movie they almost made.

6. Changeling Registered

Exactly, I loved that it focused on Batman, had Talia and Max Lord as the villains and the omacs. The story needs to be Batman centric. They should take elements from Kingdom Come for sure too

7. cryptic name No Limits

I'm definitely interested in Batman playing a major role (I admit my bias up front). That's why I want the White Martian story, it's one of the most badass Batman stories. I agree about elements from Kingdom Come being used, I actually think it would be more interesting for the story to portray the Justice League as a failed experiment that has to reform in the face of whatever threat is used, instead of a straight up origin.

8. Revenger Registered

I think they should basically develop an original storyline. The other storylines have an established league and assume we know these characters. JL is basically introducing the world everyone to WW, Flash, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter and a rebooted Batman and Green Lantern. That is a tall order. It's like 6 origin films in one.

9. sethypants Registered

10. Llama_Shepherd Registered

I don't think one thing they said was wrong.

11. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

They were wrong about having to include Cyborg. He hasnt done anything to warrant being in the JL. Just because he is black and is part cybernetic doesnt mean he deserves to be in it.

12. BH/HHH You Are My World

I don't want a straight up adaptation of any storyline but I really think they should use the new 52 origin as a basis as it brings the team together in a great way and you wouldn't need the origin stories to build towards it.

13. mclay18 Registered

Here here! And I think the movie should be standalone, if audiences don't light up to it like they did with The Avengers. Make it an enjoyable, standalone film. Have a few seeds sown in the narrative, but don't end it on a cliffhanger.

14. Revenger Registered

This film will be a tough sell. Looks like Avengers II with Thanos is coming out first in May 2015.

15. sethypants Registered

Other than being awesomely cool?

I would like them to use several adaptations for the movie. New 52, Morrison's run, new frontier, JLU, Tower of Babel, JUSTICE and etc. Take elements from each run like what Nolans did and make it a version of its own. I don't think its fun to just watch a movie that is a direct adaptation.

16. sethypants Registered

I think I agree with what Newsarama is saying also. Except I wish they would use new 52 line up instead.

17. Ash Talon Registered

Just read this off a list of upcoming films in various stages of production:

Justice League of America aka Justice League: Mortal

Writer: Will Beall, Kiernan Mulroney, Michele Mulroney, Stan Berkowitz, Darwyn Cooke
    Date Update: 08-10-2012
    Director: Ben Affleck
    Producer(s): Dan Lin
    Line Producer/UPM: Barrie Osborne

Release Date: 05-01-2015
    Notes: Group of superheroes (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash and Green Lantern) fight a villainous businessman Maxwell Lord and cyborgs who turn humans into killing machines. Director on.

I don't really follow DC properties, so I'm not sure if any of that info is new. I'm sure some of it will change too.

18. Llama_Shepherd Registered

The plot synopsis is probably wrong. That is from a cancelled film not penned by Will Beall and was to be directed by George Miller IIRC.

19. BH/HHH You Are My World

Yeah that synopsis is from the cancelled Justice League Mortal

20. Karem-Knight Registered

Assuming we get a sequel (thinking way ahead) I'd like a film with some elements of Alex Ross' "Justice" mini-series. Really showed what the League is about at it's core. Not a straight up adaptation but something similar in scope and size.

21. Zionite1 Registered

They shouldbe looking at Morrisons JLA run rather than the new 52.The new 52 reads like Micheal bay.

22. Kar Registered

I'm watching the New Frontier and thinking about how this would be a great basis for a JL movie like how Year One inspired BB

23. cleverusername8 Registered

They should take elements of New 52 but not straight up rip from it. They could use the whole "world initially mistrusts heroes amd paints them as outlaws" but like Newsrama said, the team should be established at the beginning of the film and start with action. Also Darkseid as the first movie villain would be a collosal mistake for two reasons: this movie will come out close to Avemgers 2 no doubt which will draw Thanos comparison/criticism and two, he should be built up and taken on in a later movie OR just left to the Superman movies only.

And if people don't want Martian Manhunter in the movies, fine. Just find a better replacement for him than Cyborg please. He belongs with the Titans if on screen at all and throwing him in JL purely for diversity reasons is a mistake. Everyone knows this regardless of whether they'd like to admit it.

24. Sun_Down Groovy

Was that script real? Because, despite the god-awful casting choices, that script actually seemed pretty good to me. Some of the action scenes definitely might have come off a bit goofy, but overall it seemed pretty effective. I wouldn't mind something similar, at least to the extent of the OMACs/Maxwell Lord being the villains.

25. The Guard Registered

Yes, it was real.