• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

What to get to play BDs on PC: VLC doesn't work, PowerDVD didn't help

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
Since I bought my BD player (external), I got Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 with it (didn't buy it, so it was probably suggested) and that stayed with me until I noticed later on that it wouldn't play and said it didn't work after I paused a movie for more than 10 minutes. Then an update came, and it uninstalled PowerDVD in the process. I tried getting a free trial of PowerDVD 12 but nothing happened when I tried to play it, so its uninstalled too. And I wanted to see if VLC could do it, and found instructions, but...well, nothing.

I need a new player to dl so I can play BDs. It has to be good (to the point where if any problems surface, it's easy to fix), and be free to dl. If its a free trial, then it has to be something that I can still use very well even after the trial expires.

I've heard Arcsoft, even WinDVD; how bout it, guys: what should I get?

What about Windows Media Player? I've played Blu-Rays in that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EliSan
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"