Dark Phoenix What's your favourite X-Men team so far?

Mutant 77

Supreme Keeper of the X-Men Movie Continuity
Reaction score
What's your favourite X-Men team so far?

Post-XMO:W, Pre-XM1 (conjecture)

Cyclops
Marvel Girl
Beast
Storm
Quicksilver
Banshee
Silver Fox (Emma Silverfox)

XM1

Cyclops
Jean Grey
Storm
Wolverine

X2

Cyclops
Jean Grey
Storm
Wolverine
Rogue
Iceman
Nightcrawler

The Last Stand

Storm
Beast
Wolverine
Iceman
Colossus
Shadowcat
+ Angel

First Class

Xavier
Lehnsherr
Mystique
Beast
Havok
Banshee

DOFP 1973

Beast
Wolverine
Quicksilver

Apocalypse/Dark Phoenix

Mystique
Beast
Cyclops
Jean Grey/Phoenix
Nightcrawler
Quicksilver
+ Storm

DOFP 2023 Future 1

Blue Strike

Storm
Wolverine
Magneto

Gold Strike

Iceman
Colossus
Shadowcat
Bishop
Blink
Warpath
Sunspot

DOFP 2023 Future 2

Cyclops
Storm
Phoenix
Wolverine
Colossus
Beast
Rogue
Iceman
Shadowcat

So far, none of the team's have really captured my attention. My X-Men team will always be Cyclops, Phoenix, Nightcrawler, Banshee, Colossus, Storm, and Wolverine.

X2 was the best team. Would've been even better if Rogue and Iceman had gotten into the action in the third act. But the movie works great as it is.

I would say X2 or Dofp future. But I have to say I haven't been fully content by the line ups. Rogue/Iceman sat out for the final act. While in Dofp, I would have enjoyed it more if Nightcrawler/Rogue/Angel were there instead of Sunspot/Warpath/Blink.

Then they had an amazing roster of X-Men in the future happy ending and didn't utilize it for the follow up movie, instead we got Apocalypse's Raven-Men.

While X3 wasted a handful of X-Men, that could have joined the team in the climax.

X2 was a nice mixture of experienced Xmen alongside youth.

For some reason I like X3 because it reminds me of X-Men #210 cover.. but missing Nightcrawler and adding in Iceman in his place..

Storm, Logan, Colossus, Kitty, Rogue

BUT I did not like how they were used

Not one single attempt at a team has been truly satisfying.

No real teamwork in X2.

No sign of Angel or Rogue in X3 final battle. But at least it looked like a team lined up ready for battle.

No team in the past of DoFP, the dark future team was a mish-mash but not too bad except lack of development for Bishop, Sunspot, Warpath. Somehow, Blink managed to shine despite no real development.

Mystique in X:A, ugh!

So, no, NOTHING so far has been right in terms of team roster.

That's why I am perched for the X-Men in the MCU. Like A1, A2, Gotg and Gotg2 show that they can do the team aspect especially in the battle. Rogue didn't get to be part of the action, like in the climax. They could have done more with Colossus,Iceman, Beast action wise. While Jubilee was just an extra in all of the four films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"