Iron Man What's your Iron Man soundtrack?

Tempest19

Superhero
Reaction score
I always put together soundtracks for movies. Recently I've found 'Iron Man' songs that I thought fit nicely with the hero:

ironmanposterfaceye1.jpg

1. FOR GOD AND COUNTRY: SMASHING PUMPKINS

"For god and country." Go to fight the war!

2. BODIES: DROWNING POOL

For me this song is rockin' and really seems to have a whole war vibe about it. Also heard a story from someone online whose brother was in the war and said they blasted this from the helicopter once while flying in to go fight.

3. KILLING IN THE NAME OF: RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Same reason as #2.

4. SYMPHONY OF DESTRUCTION: MEGADEATH

" You take a mortal man,/ And put him in control/ Watch him become a god,

Acting like a robot,/ Its metal brain corrodes."

5. DEAD BY SUNRISE: LINKIN PARK (JULIEN K REMIX)

Purposefully sought out a Julien K song, they remixed a Linkin Park song that has the kind of beat I was searching for. Could see this song as Tony Stark discovering he was captured.

"Wake me till the morning after/ Cut and bruised by the fall again/ Licked my wounds like a dog again/ Is there a light at the end of the tunnel?

There has got to be a way to end the pain I feel when I'm awake and alive/ When I'm alive/ Alive/ Alive and I'm Dreaming."

6. THE ARMS OF SORROW: KILL SWITCH ENGAGED

" Running, always running, into the distance/Stop me before I bleed, again/The echoes of my voice /Follow me down/The shadows I cast/Follow me down/Deeper I'm falling /Into the arms of sorrow/ Blindly descending/ Into the arms of sorrow/ There must be serenity"

ARMS of sorrow.

7. THE GOOD SOLDIER: NINE INCH NAILS

" Gunfire in the street/ Where we used to meet/ Echoes that are beat/ When the bass goes "bomb"/ Right over my head/ Step over the dead/ Remember what you said

You know a part of my old life/ Is just a waking dream/ Well I know what you mean/ But that ain't how it seems right here, right now"

8. THE CLINCHER: CHEVELLE

" Well could we have known/ Never would I, helped to nail down/ (I'll stand for nothing less)/ With nothing to gain, here's the clincher/ This should be you/ (Made cold and crippled)/ This happened to be never changing/ Holding inside/ (Or never stand again)/ The phobia viewed/ Made cold and crippled/ Ending it all."

9. PIECE BY PIECE: STRATA

This song was on the Punisher soundtrack, but listening to the lyrics- sounds like it fits Iron Man better:

" I found these plastic parts and wires/ Let's split me open at the seams/ And rip out everything inside/ Make room for all these new machines/ Sew me up and pray that I survive/ A brand new me-Piece by Piece"

10. CITIZEN SOLDIER: 3 DOORS DOWN

This song is VERY war related. Plus- CITIZEN soldier. Iron Man's kind of a citizen soldier, using his knowledge and weapons to help people now in a way that he deems better suited.

11. WHAT I HAVE TO DO: FLAW

" Caught up in a social degradation, you can't even see the truth./ We're only half as good at personal relations, look around and see the proof./ Only a few of us go in the right direction, even though we're singled out./It's the only thing that keeps/me alive, I do what I have to do.

12. YOU RUN: SUBMERSED

" I trust in you/Many debts I cannot repay/Too many clouds in my sky today/I trust in you

As if it really matters/You run

When I reach out for a hand to/Pull me through the storm/Pull me through the norm/I reach for you"

Wanted to try to find a song that could represent Tony Stark while also adding some of the Pepper Potts romantic interest aspect to the soundtrack. This was the song I found best fit for this purpose.

13. SEVEN: REVIS

One of the final songs, should sum everything up:

" Can I be changed/Or am I the same"

14. WAR: DOA

Come on guys, you all know the lyrics to this one. As opposed to the songs from the first part of the soundtrack I wanted a song just as rockin' that sang in an opposite tune. DOA provided a good beat for the film.

15. IRON MAN: BLACK SABBATH

'Nuff Said

So, with all that said and done: WHAT IS YOUR IRON MAN SOUNDTRACK? What songs remind you of the hero and why...

my sound track would be instrumentals

Disturbed- Inside the Fire
Dunno why I chose this song, but it's new and pretty hard/ progressive.

Black Tide- Shockwave
Good song, would make for a good action montage song during the movie.

Filter- Hey Man Nice Shot
It was in the trailer and it sounds like it would be fitting for the movie.

Shinedown- Heroes
Pretty obvious...

Hurt- Ten Ton Brick
Pretty bad*** song. It's kind of explicit, but it could be edited?

The Crystal Method- Born Too Slow
Ending credits song perhaps?

Audioslave- Set it Off
Very powerful/ energetic... seems fitting enough.

Breaking Benjamin- Believe
I haven't a clue why I chose this one. It just seems fitting.

Chevelle- Build
The verses of this song seem very fitting. It's slow at first but it really picks up.

NIN- 8 Ghosts I
If you heard this song you would understand completely. IMHO this would be Iron Man's theme song.

Rage Against the Machine- Revolver
Without all of the R2D2 stuff goin on in the beginning, this song would be very fitting to the movie, imo. Sorta goes with Cochise from the trailer... It just sounds good.

There´s quite some good suggestions here!

I specially dig the Revis & Submersed tracks, they´d have fitted right in.

And I did miss the Audioslave track that we had on the final trailer, it would have rocked in one of those action sequences!

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"