Days of Future Past Where's Angel and Iceman?

The actress to played Kitty in X1 was clearly around Rogue's age and not a thirteen year old,whilst the actress in X2 was clearly younger, therefore the age of the actor/actress doesn't necessarily have a bearing on the age of the character.
LOL!

This takes me back to 2002...

The two actresses are actually the same age.

Yeah, I remember getting into heated debates over it. Yeah, the two girls look like they could be 10 years a part in age, but no one cared that they were technically the same age. Heck, Ellen in X3 still looked like a 15 year old regardless.. :p

What... if we had the character Icarus to replace Angel seeing as there ability was pratically the same, then for iceman, we simply have Storm before she could fully understand her ability so she could create snow and thunder?

He is suggesting other characters take up the characteristics and powers of Angel and Iceman to make up for their lack of presence.

It makes sense if you remove all logic and reasoning from the equation :D

No. I understand completely what he's saying.

"wut" is a term that isn't meant to be literal and direct. It's just a term that's suppose to be a way to poke fun of the "reasoning" of what was just said.

do you have a better idea... i mean, if they didnt have so much worthington reference in x-men last stand, we could of got away with saying Ben Fosters character was Icarus... but sadly he was named warren several times.... Ohh wait i just thought of something...

Thomas Halloway - of course, marvels first Angel, what if instead of using Warren Worthington as the first angel, we have Thomas Halloway, although he didnt have wings in the comic he was initially the first angel... That got me thinking...

Iron Man 2 was good, i liked how they introduced Ivan Venko son of Aton Venko the crimson dynamo and instead of giving him the suit right away they made Ivan have the abilities of another ironman character Whiplash...

What im saying is, does Angel initially have to be Warren Worthington 3rd? or could we look past that? What if we had an Angel character, with Wings, very similar to Warren but is actually called. Thomas Halloway?

Or would the die hard fans be too upset by this?

While I hate the idea of "rebooting" everything just because you are changing actors or the tone of the film, I do agree that X-Men would be the one I would like to see this happen to the most. Not that I have hated what has been done with the series thus far, but it would be nice to see it get closer to the source. Having said that, there is NO WAY that Fox is going to toss out there most successful franchise and start over - it would be like they are admitting the first movies were crap. Just like the X-Men cartoon had a different continuity from the comics, so does the live action movies. Like it or not, that's what we got.

well the character of Angel could go back to X2 when he was part of the script, before he got cut. in the draft he was another experiment of Styrker's and he was supposed to share a cell w/Scott...in that scene it could've been established that Angel was part of the team years ago and he left and how his dad help fund Styrker's work and how he came to be captured...

its not the original 5, but if he was established as a previous team member then he would be in First Class

Actually Angel and Beast would of been in x1 if Bryan Singer had a bigger budget, In one of the original scripts, Beast was a teacher at the school who taught science, he was to be injured early on when Magneto came to the mansion... However the money it took to bring there version of beast was too costly at the time. Angel on the other hand was going to be in X-Men 1 as a small cameo role, mostly as Warren Worthington 3rd, During the scene at the begining of x-men movie it was Warren that was supposed to give the speech about mutants That Jean gave right at the begining, you didnt see his wings and he would of been the same age as Cyclops... Shame really that cameo didnt really cost anything to do but they didnt want to waste the character...

I thought the new movie was supposed to be a reboot and didn't have to follow the previous 4 films. I guess I am wrong.

While that might be a nice way to go, I have not seen anything to suggest that "First Class" is anything other than a prequel fitting between the Wolverine solo movie and X1. Just because it's a prequel does not mean it's a reboot.

I think if they are going to be exploring the early years, xavier and magneto will probably both be the team leaders. I think the team should consist of young scott, young jean, young beast, young quicksilver, and young scarlet witch. where you can clearly see where the two factions will break and they could even possibly show magneto trying to recruit hank and he chooses to stay with xavier, the great thing is they really don't have to cover too many recruitments beast's. scarlet witch could be explained by magneto

I really like your ideas

I think if they are going to be exploring the early years, xavier and magneto will probably both be the team leaders. I think the team should consist of young scott, young jean, young beast, young quicksilver, and young scarlet witch. where you can clearly see where the two factions will break and they could even possibly show magneto trying to recruit hank and he chooses to stay with xavier, the great thing is they really don't have to cover too many recruitments beast's. scarlet witch could be explained by magneto

I had this idea a while ago but it was more loosely based on a probability all four movies would indicate who the first class was made up of.

My idea was that Xavier and Lenshire started the school together and between them found the mutants who would make up the first class... Now to me we would look towards the inital first members being, Henry McCoy - who possibly would be the first mutant Xavier found. Lenshire on the other hand would of probablly found Raven Darkholme first which would explain there strong bond in the future x-men films. Between them they then found Jean Grey making the first 3 members... 4th probably would of been Cyclops who at first refuses but ends up being captured by Stryker however because Professor Xavier was monitoring him he was able to find him and rescue about 12 mutants, out of the 12 mutants rescued were Scott Summers, Ororo Monroe, Mortimer Tombey (Toad), Sean Cassidy (Banshee), Emma Frost, Jason Stryker, Pietro Maximoff and Wanda Maximoff. the other 4 were probably returned to there family. However im guessing Professor Xavier acted on his own in this and when Lenshire learns of what Stryker was doing starts to take a more negative view of humanity. Also im guessing Magnetos doesnt realise Pietro and Wanda are his children. So without having to go through a long story, we simply explain that Pietro and Wanda know that Magneto is there father and there mother had told them of this a long time ago before she was killed. Learning of her death by the hands of people like stryker Eric realise xaviers dream was flawed and Professor Xavier possible knew the fate of his wife Magda and kept it secrete from him all these years. Thus leading to Eric mentoring Jason Stryker making him slightly twisted and warped viewed which leads to Jason becoming the caterlist villian for the movie which xavier created the x-men to handle and Mageto leaves to form the Brotherhood...

Actually Angel and Beast would of been in x1 if Bryan Singer had a bigger budget, In one of the original scripts, Beast was a teacher at the school who taught science, he was to be injured early on when Magneto came to the mansion... However the money it took to bring there version of beast was too costly at the time. Angel on the other hand was going to be in X-Men 1 as a small cameo role, mostly as Warren Worthington 3rd, During the scene at the begining of x-men movie it was Warren that was supposed to give the speech about mutants That Jean gave right at the begining, you didnt see his wings and he would of been the same age as Cyclops... Shame really that cameo didnt really cost anything to do but they didnt want to waste the character...
Those would have been pretty cool, actually.

Yeah they had a really small budget... From what i can remember, beast was going to have an evolving role throughout the trilogy... in X-Men 1 he was going to appear as his more human form, with big feet and big hands... In X-Men 2, he would of been captured by stryker along with a few other mutants from the school and was subjected to testing which turns his more feral like, then by x3 he would of been the big blue beast we love from the comics...

Angel was going to a cameo in x-men 1 as a key speaker at the begining of the film. Then in x2 was going to be kidnapped by stryker and his wings coated in adamantium during his testing which leads to Angel becoming Arch-Angel however i think angel would of died at the end of x2 to make a dramatic effect. He wasnt planned for the story in the 3rd movie they just went that way to get angel in the movie by that point. But originally the cure was going to be created by Dr.Essex laboratory where Dr.Rao would have worked.

Alot was changed...shame really.

Yeah they had a really small budget... From what i can remember, beast was going to have an evolving role throughout the trilogy... in X-Men 1 he was going to appear as his more human form, with big feet and big hands... In X-Men 2, he would of been captured by stryker along with a few other mutants from the school and was subjected to testing which turns his more feral like, then by x3 he would of been the big blue beast we love from the comics...

Angel was going to a cameo in x-men 1 as a key speaker at the begining of the film. Then in x2 was going to be kidnapped by stryker and his wings coated in adamantium during his testing which leads to Angel becoming Arch-Angel however i think angel would of died at the end of x2 to make a dramatic effect. He wasnt planned for the story in the 3rd movie they just went that way to get angel in the movie by that point. But originally the cure was going to be created by Dr.Essex laboratory where Dr.Rao would have worked.

which makes me think that if you cant do it right dont do it atall!:oldrazz:

Essentially we would of had a great x-men movie.

Its funny but X-Men The Movie draft script 2 would of been brilliant... Beast was in the movie up until Draft 6 where he was written out...

However they did do some silly things in the movie. They wanted to add blob, he wasnt in the first script idea but they added him as an equel opponante against Beast... however beast was scrapt so was blob.

Draft 2 was the best version of the script.

Back in 2000, we're soo lucky that we got what we had...It's the treatment of the first X-Men movie that's made so much of all this possible...Maybe First Class will have the kind of budget, tone, and scope close to the original concept that sparked what ended up being the first two X-Men films.

As of right now, it's so hard to get a grasp of how grand of spectacle this movie will provide..

do you have a better idea... i mean, if they didnt have so much worthington reference in x-men last stand, we could of got away with saying Ben Fosters character was Icarus... but sadly he was named warren several times.... Ohh wait i just thought of something...

Thomas Halloway - of course, marvels first Angel, what if instead of using Warren Worthington as the first angel, we have Thomas Halloway, although he didnt have wings in the comic he was initially the first angel... That got me thinking...

Iron Man 2 was good, i liked how they introduced Ivan Venko son of Aton Venko the crimson dynamo and instead of giving him the suit right away they made Ivan have the abilities of another ironman character Whiplash...

What im saying is, does Angel initially have to be Warren Worthington 3rd? or could we look past that? What if we had an Angel character, with Wings, very similar to Warren but is actually called. Thomas Halloway?

Or would the die hard fans be too upset by this?

I have better idea, just don't have them in the Movie.

You can't square their presence in this prequel with the first 3 movies and there already several characters to deal with in this movie: Xavier, Magneto, Jean, Cyclops, Storm, Beast, Emma Frost and a villain. Adding Angel and Ice Man makes things too crowded.

These movies are adaptions they don't have follow the comics 100%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"