Which Hollywood remake are you most looking forward to?

Apocalypso

Civilian
Reaction score
CAPRICORN ONE
CHILD'S PLAY
CLASH OF THE TITANS
COLOSSUS: THE FORBIN PROJECT
DAY OF THE DEAD
THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL
THE DIRTY DOZEN
DRESSED TO KILL
ENTER THE DRAGON
ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK
THE EVIL DEAD
THE EXORCIST
FAHRENHEIT 451
FAME
FANTASTIC VOYAGE
FOOTLOOSE
GET SMART
GREASE
THE ILLUSTRATED MAN
JACOB'S LADDER
KARATE KID
LOGAN'S RUN
THE LONG GOOD FRIDAY
LONG WEEKEND
MEATBALLS
NEAR DARK
PIRANHA
POLTERGEIST
SCANNERS
SPIES LIKE US
THE STAR CHAMBER
THE STEPFATHER
STRAW DOGS
THE TAKING OF PELHAM 123
TAPS
TIMECOP
THE WILD GEESE
WORKING GIRL

...and for God's sake, why?!

(Would have made this a poll, but the maximum number of entries is 25...)

none, none, none

The Exorcist I guess because it's the best movie up there and I am curious to see what people could possibly think they could do to improve upon it.

Just like Halloween this year, I'm sure it will be no where near as great as the original. There is a reason why they're called classics.

Evil Dead remake was abandoned...thankfully. Exorcist remake news story was bullsh**.

I guess Hollywood really is running out of original ideas.

Seriously, half of the ones you put up there were only rumors and hearsay.

CLASH OF THE TITANS

this is the only one that needs a remake, the others need to be left the F alone :cmad:

im interested in these... in this order

CLASH OF THE TITANS

ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK

GET SMART

LOGAN'S RUN

it's not listed up there, but i'm really looking forward to The Wolfman.

Here is my answer though

Day of the Dead deserves a remake. The original movie was suppose to be a tour de force of the zombie genre. An epic film, that was, unfortunately cut due to budgetary and censorship concerns. It became the most bloody and disgusting of the series, but lacked any storyline or interesting character arcs to keep it above the other three. However, after seeing the laughable trailer, I'm not sure what we are getting is remotely going to fix the originals setbacks.

The Day the Earth Stood Still and consequently War of the Worlds are films that were epic and well done, but lacked the effects to do what they really wanted. I could stand remakes.

The Illustrated Man sucked IMO, it's one of my favorite unintentional comedies. You can remake it if you wish.

It's funny, most movies that get remade are horror films. I think it's mostly because the ideas are hard to replicate without stepping on someone else's toes. I mean how exactly would someone make a zombie film these days without at least referencing George A Romero. It's damn hard, that's for sure.

Karate Kid....?

That had BETTER not be true....:cmad:

The Stepfather?

Timecop?

Oh come on...why are these even worthy of remakes to begin with (ditto Child's Play)

CLASH OF THE TITANS

Looking forward to that one!

the only Evil Dead movies that should be made now are Evil Dead 4 or the musical

CAPRICORN ONE-
CHILD'S PLAY-
CLASH OF THE TITANS-
COLOSSUS: THE FORBIN PROJECT
DAY OF THE DEAD
THE DIRTY DOZEN
DRESSED TO KILL
ENTER THE DRAGON
ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK
THE EVIL DEAD
THE EXORCIST
FAHRENHEIT 451
FAME
FANTASTIC VOYAGE
FOOTLOOSE
GET SMART
GREASE
THE ILLUSTRATED MAN
JACOB'S LADDER
KARATE KID
LOGAN'S RUN
THE LONG GOOD FRIDAY
LONG WEEKEND
MEATBALLS
NEAR DARK
PIRANHA
POLTERGEIST
SCANNERS
SPIES LIKE US
THE STAR CHAMBER
THE STEPFATHER
STRAW DOGS
THE TAKING OF PELHAM 123
TAPS
TIMECOP
THE WILD GEESE
WORKING GIRL

Only a few on that list Im remotely interested in;timecop,clash of the titans,escape of new york,scanners,enter the dragon.
Some of the others I've never heard of or never really liked,some i may have interest in if it looks to be good.

*Maybe with the Writers Guild Association voting to go on strike maybe they can take that time and come up with new ideas :)

The Changeling is the only one I'll see.

It's written by one of my favorite writers, J. Michael Straczynski, and directed by Clint Eastwood.

I normally don't like remakes. But the only one I look forward to on the list is "Enter the Dragon." It's one of my all time favorite movies and I couldn't believe there is going to be a remake. So I look forward to how it turns out.

the only Evil Dead movies that should be made now are Evil Dead 4 or the musical
Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell have both said they will do an Evil Dead 4, The Evil Dead, the "remake", was supposed to be a storyline close to the original but without the Ash character. It was abandoned due to negative feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"