Who’s Your Favorite Superhero?

Spider‐Man

Civilian
Reaction score
I’ve always said ‘every superhero is someone’s favorite.’ I decided to put it to the test and see if that’s true. Understand I have always been a Marvel guy so don’t know as many DC heroes. I also didn’t want to be exhaustive with the list such as including characters like Frank Drake or Boom Boom, BUT if your particular favorite character is not on the poll, if you’ll PM me I’ll see if I can get them added in just to be complete. Please post and give extra insight into your choice.

For me, well, I guess my SN says it. I started collecting in 1974 at age 8. The first thing I ever bought was a first edition hard cover copy of Origins of Marvel Comics by Stan Lee (which he recently signed!). The first actual comic I bought was Amazing Spider-Man 154. Around the same time (I think) I bought the Marvel/DC crossover Superman Vs. The Amazing Spider-Man. I also came across a copy of the Marvel Holiday Grab Bag oversized comic which included issue 24 and 25 of the Fantastic Four which presented the first real knockdown between The Hulk and The Thing and then the big finale with the Avengers and FF all fighting the Hulk. For a brief time, the Thing became my favorite but that honor shortly went back to the webslinger. Over the years, I have completed runs of Peter Parker, the Spectacuar Spider-Man, Web of Spider-Man, Spider-Man, Marvel Team-up, Ultimate Spider-Man and am about 100 issues from closing out my Amazing Spider-Man collection. I also have complete runs of Rom, Machine Man, first series of Nova and a few others. Collecting and reading these things has been probably the most consistent, ever-present thing in my life. I literally grew up with them.

How about you?

I have 5 favorites. Superman. Batman. Green Lantern. The Flash. Captain America. But I figure Flash is the least popular so I tossed him my vote.

Captain America, the thing, iron fist, Thor, Luke cage

Not even an "Other" option? What a terrible poll. You don't even have all four members of the Fantastic Four on there. I'm lucky my favorite is listed at all.

It's Beast, by the way.

mine are superman (pre new DC),captain britain and union jack

Spider-Man, Batman, WereWolf by Night, Man-Thing, Swamp Thing & Howard the Duck... :up:

Not even an "Other" option? What a terrible poll. You don't even have all four members of the Fantastic Four on there. I'm lucky my favorite is listed at all.

It's Beast, by the way.

Yeah, I've never posted a poll before. Originally I had over 100 characters listed including Invisible Woman, Union Jack, Captain Britain, and even such obscure ones as Louis Hastings from Darkhold and Lockjaw. When I found out I could only include 40 characters, I had to make cuts. Sue was one of the last ones I made. I think it was actully a choice betwen her and Storm and I was trying to keep as many African American heroes as I could. I had already cut Static and Black Lightning. I also had to cut popular characters such as Gambit and Morbius.

I was originally going to include popular villains such as Thanos and Dr. Doom because I really wanted this to be as inclusive as possible and reveal if every character listed was actually at least one person's favorite. I wish SHH or their software wouldn't put that limitation but that's how it goes. I didn't think about putting an 'other' option until after I had posted but when I went back I couldn't make a change and that would have entailed making another cut. So as I said, if your hero isn;t listed, please post who it is and perhaps I can do a periodic update with those characters included in the total.

My top handful is always pretty consistent...

1. Batman
2. (Preferably) Ultimate Captain America
3. Cyclops
4. Red Robin
5. Fantastic Four
6. Green Lantern (HJ)

Spider-Man, Batman, WereWolf by Night, Man-Thing, Swamp Thing & Howard the Duck... :up:

I had all of those and more. In fact, I'll display my original list here:

Spider-Man
DareDevil
Punisher
Captain Marvel
Machine Man
Howard the Duck
Fantastic Four
- Mr. Fantastic
- The Thing
- Human Torch
- Invisible Woman
Avengers
- Captain America
- Iron Man
- Thor
- Ant Man
- Wasp
- Hawkeye
- Black Panther
- The Vision
- Scarlet Witch
- Wonder Man
X-Men
- Cyclops
- Jean Gray
- Beast
- Wolverine
- Storm
- Colossus
- Gambit
- Rogue
- Banshee
- Prof. X

Champions
- Hercules
- Black Widow
- Iceman
- Ghost Rider
- Angel
Defenders
- Dr. Strange
- Hulk
- Submariner
- Silver Surfer
- Night Hawk
- Valkyrie
- Hellcat
- Gargoyle
Alpha Flight
- Guardian
- Northstar
- Aurora
- Sasquatch
- Shaman
- Snowbird
- Marrina
- Puck
Heoroes for Hire
- Luke Cage
- Iron Fist
Inhumans
- Blackbolt
- Medusa
- Karnak
- Crystal
- Lockjaw
- Gorgon
- Triton
- Maximus the Mad
Midnight Sons
- Morbius
- Blade
- Hannibal KIng
- Frank Drake
- Damian Hellstrom
- Victoria Montesi
- Louis Hastings
- Sam Buchanan
- Vengeance
- Werewolf by Night
- Man-Thing
- Modred the Mystic
Excalibur
- Captain Britain
- Meggan
- Night Crawler
- Phoenix
- Shadowcat
- Lockheed
- Widget
New Mutants
- Wolfsbane
- Psych
- Sunspot
X-Force
- Cable
- Domino
- Boom Boom
- Shatterstar
- Feral
- Warpath
- Siryn
- Rictor
- Deadpool

New Warriors
- Night Thrasher
- Nova
- Speedball
- Namorita
- Marvel Boy
- Firestar
Soviet Super Soldiers
(Winter Guard)
- Darkstar
- Ursa Major
- Crimson Dynamo
- Red Guardian
- Devastator
- Vanguard
- Sibercat
- Sputnik
- Power Surge
- Fantasia
Dark Guard (UK)
- Dark Angel
- Death’s Head
- Kill Power
- Motormouth
- Ultra Marine
- Col. Tigon Liger
- Stacy Amheim
Spaceknights
- Rom
- Starshine
- Terminator
- Firefall
- Mentus
- Hammerhand
- Javelin
- Astra
- Trapper
- Breaker
- Unseen
- Seeker
- Scanner
- Pulsar
Starjammers
- Corsair
- Hepzibah
- Ch’od
- Raza Longknife
Cosmic
- Quasar
- Adam Warlock
- Thanos
- Drax the Destroyer
- Groot
- Gammora
- Rocket Raccoon

And then I had the DC list which was:

Superman
Batman
Wonder Wonam
Flash
Green Lantern
Green Arrow
Atom
Hawkman
Plastic Man
Shazam!
Static
Black Lightning
Swamp Thing
Dr. Fate
Aquaman
Robin
Night Wing
Huntress
Black Canary
The Demon

I guess I hadn;t put in Union Jack but I was also thinking of putting in heroes such as Judge Dredd and Spawn as well as Invincible. JUst wouldn't allow nearly the space I needed to put all of those in a poll. I do realize that many of those may have never been chosen by the limited number of people who would see them on this board but I DO still believe thatsomewhere there is someone for whom Unseen the Spaceknight is their favorite!

Too many to count but if I absolutely had to pick 3 it would be Spider-Man, Nightwing, and Cyclops. Bruce probably rounds out the top 4.

I voted for my favorite comic character of all time!!! Ororo Munroe aka Storm

2298150-storm_ororo.jpg

2618638-1772657_tumblr_lcd1jipprv1qzf0o8o1_500.jpg

Daredevil. First comic book I ever bought with my own money was Daredevil #278. Why? Because I thought the cover was cool. And while the story wasn't the greatest (for those wondering, it was in the midst of Nocenti's run, featuring Daredevil vs. Blackheart), the idea of a relatively low-powered hero going up against incredibly overwhelming odds really appealed to me.

Digging up some back-issues thereafter, I found it was a common theme to the character. To put it plainly, Matt Murdock gets knocked down, and he comes to his feet standing ten feet tall. He never quits, often despite himself, and always in spite of the odds. In a nutshell, he's Marvel's consummate underdog, and I love me an underdog.

Since #278, I've never missed an issue, and I've gone back to collection #140 onward. Recently, I managed to obtain a "Very Good" copy of #1 which I plan to have CGC graded at this year's MegaCon, and I couldn't be happier. I consider myself a lifelong fan of the character, and it will be an awesome moment indeed when I finally manage to complete my collection someday.

I also want to give an honorable mention to DC's Kate Spencer, AKA Manhunter. Love her for her attitude and no-nonsense approach to crime fighting. Bring Kate back, DC!

Tough for me to name/pick just one so I'll do it like this :awesome::

DC:

Batman
Nightwing
The Flash
Green Arrow

Honorable mention: Damian Wayne

Marvel:

Hawkeye
Black Panther
Captain America
Wolverine
Daredevil

Well since everyone's listing 'top fives' here goes:

Spider-Man
Dr. Strange (primarily Ditko's version)
Iron man (hooked me with issues 100 thru late 120s - awesome art and writing!)
Green Arrow (very excited to see what they do with the tv show)
The Thing (fictional incarnation of Jolly Jack)

Last edited:
My favorites are

The Flash/Wally West
Robin/Tim Drake
Batman
Daredevil
Cyclops

and so many more

Daredevil. First comic book I ever bought with my own money was Daredevil #278. Why? Because I thought the cover was cool. And while the story wasn't the greatest (for those wondering, it was in the midst of Nocenti's run, featuring Daredevil vs. Blackheart), the idea of a relatively low-powered hero going up against incredibly overwhelming odds really appealed to me.

Digging up some back-issues thereafter, I found it was a common theme to the character. To put it plainly, Matt Murdock gets knocked down, and he comes to his feet standing ten feet tall. He never quits, often despite himself, and always in spite of the odds. In a nutshell, he's Marvel's consummate underdog, and I love me an underdog.

Since #278, I've never missed an issue, and I've gone back to collection #140 onward. Recently, I managed to obtain a "Very Good" copy of #1 which I plan to have CGC graded at this year's MegaCon, and I couldn't be happier. I consider myself a lifelong fan of the character, and it will be an awesome moment indeed when I finally manage to complete my collection someday.

I also want to give an honorable mention to DC's Kate Spencer, AKA Manhunter. Love her for her attitude and no-nonsense approach to crime fighting. Bring Kate back, DC!

Right there with you, Murdock is a beast.

I threw my vote to Daredevil, but I'll try to narrow down my list to five (I don't have a set list of favorites and I like to read a lot of different characters).

Daredevil
Spider-Man
Wolverine
Jamie Madrox/Multiple Man
Nightcrawler

Not in any particular order. Honorable mentions: Kitty Pryde, Cannonball, and Gambit. (Okay, I kind of lean toward the X-titles).

Daredevil, Cable, Rogue, & Ms. Marvel are my favorites.

Top 10 (in no specific order)
Colossus
Spider-man
Thor
Captain America
Green Lantern (Hal & Kyle toss up)
Superman
Captain Marvel (I will NEVER call him SHAZAM)
Batman
Aquaman
Wonder Woman

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back