Who’s Your Favorite Superhero?

Glad to see Cap and DD gettin some love! Kinda surprised no more votes for Batman - posted a link to this thread in DC Comics forum - and Iron Man. Thought we might have a few votes for Panther as well.

Top 10 (in no specific order)
Colossus
Spider-man
Thor
Captain America
Green Lantern (Hal & Kyle toss up)
Superman
Captain Marvel (I will NEVER call him SHAZAM)
Batman
Aquaman
Wonder Woman

Love me some CM! I call him SHAZAM simply out of laziness at not wanting to differentiate between him and Marvel CM. Of course I guess I could say MCM and DCCM! LOL!

I was going to respond to your post in another thread about your Spider-Man collection. Congratulations! That is a big accomplishment! I think I might have already completed mine except I am being very picky about the quality of the books. I won't take anything less than very fine (9.0-9.2 minimum). I have around 100 or so left to go to complete ASM and you know which issues those are! At some point I'm sure I will have to let my standards slip a bit, but dang! that's gonna be tough! I have completed all the other SM series runs but that's the last one and of course AF15 is the Holy Grail!

So congrats again on that major accomplishment!

Couple of questions:
What grade is your AF15?
You say you like Cap Marvel and some other DC heroes - what do your collections with those characters look like?

Thanks Comrade; sorry it took me so long to respond.
My AF #15 is VG. All other issues in the run are VG or better except #3 which is a Good. I completed my Spidey run and Thor run over 20 years ago. I'm seriously thinking about trying to upgrade that #3 and my JIM #83, which is Good as well.
As far as DC I have been buying all the majors Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, JLA, JSA, and Cap consistently since the mid 80's. I've gone back and got a lot of 60's and 70's as well. I was a huge DC guy until the New 52, which I hate. Especially how they have utterly ruined Cap, JLA and the JSA characters, plus I despise Superman's new look. However, I do love Aquaman; also Batman and GL have not been bad (most likely because everything that's being done could have been without this New 52 garbage).
Also between reprints and downloads I have completed Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Captain Marvel, it's not as impressive as having originals, but still a pretty cool thing to be able to peruse.

Thanks Comrade; sorry it took me so long to respond.
My AF #15 is VG. All other issues in the run are VG or better except #3 which is a Good. I completed my Spidey run and Thor run over 20 years ago. I'm seriously thinking about trying to upgrade that #3 and my JIM #83, which is Good as well.
As far as DC I have been buying all the majors Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, JLA, JSA, and Cap consistently since the mid 80's. I've gone back and got a lot of 60's and 70's as well. I was a huge DC guy until the New 52, which I hate. Especially how they have utterly ruined Cap, JLA and the JSA characters, plus I despise Superman's new look. However, I do love Aquaman; also Batman and GL have not been bad (most likely because everything that's being done could have been without this New 52 garbage).
Also between reprints and downloads I have completed Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Captain Marvel, it's not as impressive as having originals, but still a pretty cool thing to be able to peruse.

I think I'd be thrilled with an AF15 in VG quality! I don't read DC, never have found them tht interesting with the exception of old Plastic Man comics and old Captain MArvel comics. I've read these in downloads.

Actually my plan is, thru trades and downloads to fill in the gaps, start with November 1961 and read every comic that Marvel published up thru the late 80s. I may go back even further just to read some of the great sci-fi stuff Lee/Kirby and Ditko did in those old anthologies that eventually became Dr. Strange, Iron Man, Antman and Thor. SOme titles are worth having the original to complete the collection. For others, reprints are fine just for being able to complete reading an entire series. You can have the entire Marvel (or DC) library without having to necessarily have all original copies of every comic.

It's probably a three way tie between The Thing, Spider-Man, and Captain America for me. Out of all the Marvel characters they're probably the three most traditionally heroic. Now, that's not a dealbreaker for me, doesn't make them better characters, I absolutely love dark and twisted characters and anti-heroes. But I just have a big warm fuzzy fondness for they're inherent lawful goodness.

It's probably a three way tie between The Thing, Spider-Man, and Captain America for me. Out of all the Marvel characters they're probably the three most traditionally heroic. Now, that's not a dealbreaker for me, doesn't make them better characters, I absolutely love dark and twisted characters and anti-heroes. But I just have a big warm fuzzy fondness for they're inherent lawful goodness.

The Thing was my favorite for a brief time. Funny thing is one of my favorite heroes is...the Question. My favorite incarnations are the original Ditko shorts included with Blue Beetle and Captain Atom, his protrayal on the JL animated series and the novel Helltown by Denny O'Neil.

Some of his best lines:

(while snooping around in a dark warehouse while on the phone with Huntress, he takes the top off a cylidrical box) "Just as I suspected...thirty-two flavors!"

(while being tortured) "The little things at the end of shoelaces are called aglets - their true purpose is sinister!"

Great character!

Hell Yeah!
uxm137002k.jpg

Iron Man
Hulk
Gambit
Nightwing
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)

From Marvel, Spider-Man, hands down. From DC...it's not so simple. My long time stance on DC and Marvel is that DC has better stories and Marvel has better characters. With that said, I tend to not be partial to DC characters, as much as I am partial to stories involving the characters. I am fond of Red Son, Man of Steel, The Dark Knight Returns, Sinestro Corp War, Death in the Family etc. To be on the safe side, lets just say that I am a fan of the Justice League as a whole rather than any single DC character.

My top three main heroes of their respective worlds:

1. Batman
2. Spider-Man
3. Superman

By the way, which Green Lantern and which Ghost Rider?

You gotta be more specific.

Johnny Blaze ghost Rider or Danny.
There are other green lanterns besides Hal Jordan and Kyle

also which Wonder Woman too by the way. There's been like a bazillion different origins and stuff

By the way, which Green Lantern and which Ghost Rider?

You gotta be more specific.

Johnny Blaze ghost Rider or Danny.
There are other green lanterns besides Hal Jordan and Kyle

also which Wonder Woman too by the way. There's been like a bazillion different origins and stuff

Vote for the hero in the poll and then specify which particular incarnation in a post. Again the maximum choices allowed in a poll is 40.

Spider‐Man;24501873 said:
Vote for the hero in the poll and then specify which particular incarnation in a post. Again the maximum choices allowed in a poll is 40.
Who's your favorite superhero?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"