• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Who Is Dumb Enough to Believe Prince Harry Would Look For a Wife on Reality TV?

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
http://www.deadline.com/2014/03/fox-fake-prince-harry-marriage-reality-series/
Fox Reality Series Has American Women Believing They’re Competing To Marry Prince Harry
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

With Britain (and the world) on Royal Wedding watch as speculation intensifies that Prince Harry may be close to proposing to long-time girlfriend Cressida Bonas, a group of U.S. women get one last chance to win the Prince’s heart before he goes off the market. Not really. I’ve learned that Fox is moving forward with its hush-hush reality series I Wanna Marry “Harry”, in which 12 single American girls were whisked away to the palatial Englefield House in Berkshire and spent weeks trying to impress a royal-looking redhead young Brit they were led to believe was Prince Harry. Instead, it was Prince Harry lookalike Matthew Hicks, an average English “bloke” given a royal makeover, trying to convincingly act the part so the women don’t find out who he really is. The project, from Ryan Seacrest Prods. and ZigZag Prods., was greenlighted in August under the title Dream Date, with details about the premise kept largely under wraps for obvious reasons. Now it is gearing up, eying a summer launch.

I Wanna Marry “Harry” is in the vein of Fox’s similar “hoax” dating reality series Joe Millionaire, in which single women competed for the heart of a good-looking guy they thought was super rich. Instead, he was an average Joe. The 2003 show, a take on ABC’s The Bachelor, became a pop culture phenomenon, drawing 34.6 million viewers for its finale. It was the brainchild of former Fox head of alternative Mike Darnell who also originally brought in and ordered I Wanna Marry “Harry” before leaving the network in May. The project was then shepherded by his successor, Simon Andreae, who is British-born.
Jesus H. Christ, FOX... :facepalm:

I usually stay away from "Reality Television" and stuff but this sounds like it'll be worth a couple laughs.

Ryan Seacrest has got to stop making stuff.

Meh. The only good spoof one was the Joe Schmo show. The first season was flippin amazing!

Ryan Seacrest has got to stop making stuff.

43591-THIS-gif-ECaV.gif

Only two million?[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A[/YT]

The fact that ANY station would green light this makes me question them sooo much.

The fact that ANY station would green light this makes me question them sooo much.
Well, Fox needs something since all their more popular shows are done during the summer so they go back to a formula they're familiar with... sleaze.

Give me some Paradise Island or whatever it was type sleaze, something I can enjoy.

Oh well poor Fox. Make sure to ruin and cancel Gotham early and try to keep Family guy and American Dad on some more. We know those are fresh and original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"