The Amazing Spider-Man Who Should Direct The Reboot?

Catman

Avenger
Reaction score
A few years back I suggested Andrew Adamson (Shrek, Chronicles of Narnia) but everyone shut it down. :csad:

it doesn't matter. no sane person will watch a reboot THAT soon. they could get tim story for all I care

Didn't David Fincher have a few meetings with Sony back in the day, but was turned down because he wanted the origin to be a flashback like in the 1989 Batman? Maybe this will be his shot since I highly doubt the reboot will re-tell the origin. That would just be pointless. A flashback would work just fine.

how can anyone want a reboot yeah i want to see sm in hs all over again LOLOL

i hope this fails

no he just walked out which gave ratner like acouple weeks to be prepared

Good choice. Although hopefully we won't have a repeat of the X-Men situation where he walked out.

well it would at least be a chance to get the rights back to marvel. 2 or 3 failed attempts to get the reboot started will consume a lot of time.

David Gordon Green of Pineapple Express fame. He directed Franco already, but I think he'd put a good spin on the series.

That was Thor and Kick Ass... Forgot about that...

it doesn't matter. no sane person will watch a reboot THAT soon. they could get tim story for all I care

If it's a good (Spider-Man) movie, then why wouldn't you, or anyone else, watch it? Who cares how soon it is. The general audience will definitely not care.

how can anyone want a reboot yeah i want to see sm in hs all over again LOLOL

i hope this fails

Just because Raimi isn't directing, doesn't mean the movie will suck and that won't see Spider-Man in all his glory. I don't understand why you want this movie to fail? Do you win something if it does? Unless you're not a Spider-Man fan and just liked the Raimi movies. I know people like that.

I would kill for WB to reboot Superman this soon (I'd actually prefer a sequel with Routh, but I won't get into that here). It sucks being a Superman fan and not getting a movie.

Since Raimi and Sony had problems, I'm glad they decided to part ways and not give us another Spider-Man 3. I don't see why this reboot can't be as good as Spider-Man 1 and 2. I'm excited and I hope we get a great Spider-Man movie.

The directors never do giant blockbusters. The trend is currently getting indie type guys that seem to have a feel for character depth and interaction.

Paul W.S. Anderson, all the way. I know that he would certainly like to make a superhero movie, instead of them damn video game ones. :woot::oldrazz:

Seriously though, I'd like to call on my wildcard and say that I'd be interested in seeing Sofia Coppola direct this/these film(s) (which I guaran-f'n-tee you will be called 'The Amazing Spider-Man', anything else is just some 'ol bolonga). Certainly she hasn't touched on anything in the action-genre (yet), but I know that I'd go see the movie alone for seeing how she portrays the characters and how she makes the cityscape look. I think that could turn out to be great, if the studio wishes to take a chance with it.

Kathryn Bigelow. That's right.

Alfonso Cuaron (Children of Men, Prisoner of Azkaban)

I've always liked Chris Columbus (RENT, Harry Potter 1 & 2). His films are always so vibrant and visually exciting.

See, any of the old school 80s teen directors would have done well, like Columbus, Hughes(RIP), etc. But could they capture what they did back in the day is the question.

Kathryn Bigelow. That's right.

I don't think humanity could handle that level of awesome. Same deal if they offered it to her Ex, who I believe wanted a shot at a point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"