No Way Home Who would win in a fight between Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus?

lime

Movie critic
Reaction score
Who would win in a fight between the two?

Green Goblin.

He's enhanced with more durability and Doc Ock has the durability of a middle aged man.

Green Goblin.

He's enhanced with more durability and Doc Ock has the durability of a middle aged man.
Really? Because in SM2 Ock not only survived falling about a hundred feet onto a train, he was taking multiple superhuman punches and kicks from Spider-Man - punches that absolutely would either severely hurt or kill any regular human that doesn’t have superhuman durability. :funny:

Now sure, you could easily handwave this away by saying Spider-Man is pulling his punches like he does any other regular criminal, but the filmmaking makes it seem like Spidey is expelling maximum effort in his punches, and even if he was holding back the impact of his punches as some tend to assume, Ock would still have some visible injury like blood or something, and should’ve been knocked out immediately but Spidey’s hits don’t seem to have any visible toll on him. It’s like he actually has the same superhuman durability as GG. So he definitely doesn’t seem to have the same durability as a regular middle aged man. :funny:

Last edited:
Really? Because in SM2 Ock not only survived falling about a hundred feet onto a train, he was taking multiple superhuman punches and kicks from Spider-Man - punches that absolutely would either severely hurt or kill any regular human that doesn’t have superhuman durability. :funny:

Now sure, you could easily handwave this away by saying Spider-Man is pulling his punches like he does any other regular criminal, but the filmmaking makes it seem like Spidey is expelling maximum effort in his punches, and even if he was holding back the impact of his punches as some tend to assume, Ock would still have some visible injury like blood or something, and should’ve been knocked out immediately but Spidey’s hits don’t seem to have any visible toll on him. It’s like he actually has the same superhuman durability as GG. So he definitely doesn’t seem to have the same durability as a regular middle aged man. :funny:
I wouldn't call this "superhuman durability" I think the A.I. from the tentacles would temporally take control (while flood his brain with endorphins to quickin his recovery time) any time he slipped in or out of conscious from the blows... but I'll give you the no blood or bruising...

I say Gobby. In essence, if Ock's inhibitor chip is fried, it might be close, but Goblin's superhuman strength speed and chaos is what wins this. He also flies. Yeah, he wins.

Green Goblin.

If we're discussing the movie versions, Ock is much stronger, and presumably more durable, than his classic comic counterpart. Molina actually looked powerful. However, your point still stands. Even a human in prime condition shouldn't be able to absorb shots from someone with the Goblin's strength, especially if he's wearing the exoskeleton on top of that.

Goblin (especially if he has access to all his weapons/ Tech)
Ock (might have a chance if its a one on one with Goblin without his gear, even with his enhanced strength, Ock arms could still restrain him long enough, to get in a kill shot, or otherwise incapacitate him) idk if this is a fight to the death scenario

I wouldn't call this "superhuman durability" I think the A.I. from the tentacles would temporally take control (while flood his brain with endorphins to quickin his recovery time) any time he slipped in or out of conscious from the blows... but I'll give you the no blood or bruising...
That’s purely your personal speculation/supposition, which is fine and valid, but I don’t think the filmmakers really thought that through.

^ isn't that the point of this whole discussion (speculation/supposition) there is no "in movie" answer to any of these questions it's up to the individual viewer to fill in the gaps themselves

which is what makes these hypercritically discussions interesting to hear others persons theory or takes on such things

honestly, to think of Spider-man not pulling his punches in any fight {let alone with someone he has a personal connection to like Octavius} seems wrong to me....
(like with his proportionate spidey strength, he'd being smashing skulls in with a single hit)

like it just goes against everything Spider-man stands for to not show restraint

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"