Legends Why Boba Fett?

Although I'm not gonna lie, I was really hoping he'd appear in TFA (or maybe even in TLJ). Heck, if they'd have used old Boba to fill the Maz Kanata role, I'd have cheered. Call me crazy.

How would that have worked?

How would that have worked?

Basically just swap Maz with Boba. It would be kind of an interesting idea if in their old age Han and Boba had formed a mutual respect, and Han has to ask for his help. (Lando also would have been good in this role.) Instead we get someone who we are told has a past connection with Han, but we never really saw. I just feel like it would have been more impactful if there was a real connection there.

Basically just swap Maz with Boba. It would be kind of an interesting idea if in their old age Han and Boba had formed a mutual respect, and Han has to ask for his help. (Lando also would have been good in this role.) Instead we get someone who we are told has a past connection with Han, but we never really saw. I just feel like it would have been more impactful if there was a real connection there.

Some kind of reconciliation between Han and Fett would be quite a stretch, considering what Fett did to him, how stone cold Fett appeared to be, and how they didn't really have a relationship to begin with. Also, having him run his own cantina would be weird. Boba Fett is the mysterious black hat villain in a western. He's not the type of character who would run his own neutral watering hole. He's not the type to run anything really. He's a free agent.

And of course, it would not work at all to have him be the one to introduce Rey to the force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"