Why do they call him HRG?

Katsuro

Superhero
Reaction score
Let me start by saying I know what it stands for (Horn-Rimmed Glasses), and I know that's what he wears, but why is it such a popular nickname for him? I started watching this show at around episode 10, and thought that maybe in the first episode it was all we knew about him, but when i went back and watched the first episode, we find out who he is before the episode ends. I'm up to episode 4 right now, and he's only been referred to as "the man with the horn-rimmed glasses" once.

Can anyone explain where this name for him originated, and why it's so popular? I mean, even the descriptions for the episodes on iTunes call him that.

i believe it started because we didn't learn his name at first...so we needed to call him something

i sometimes let a HRG slip, but for the most part, Bennet is good enough for me

But didn't the first episode mention Claire's last name? And the first episode ends with us finding out he's Claire's dad. Unless i'm mistaken and they didnt' give Claire's last name in the beginning.

in many ways, i attribute it to laziness

HRG - 3 letters
Bennet - 6 letters

unless you are speaking.

HRG - 3 syllables
Bennet - 2 syllables

personally, I always say Bennet.

i just dont even see the horns

i keep looking at him and i just dont see it

someone post a pic of just the glasses

i just dont even see the horns

i keep looking at him and i just dont see it

someone post a pic of just the glasses

mrbennet41ed80yk5.jpg

:o

Horn-Rimmed, does not referrer to actual horns on the glasses, its a style of glasses, thats what those type of glasses are called

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horn-rimmed_glasses LOL

and, HRG, just stuck, because it's easier, to call him that, went typing about him, everyone on the thread (should) know/s what it means

The Network was calling him that from the beginning, it just sorta entered everyone's collective unconsciousness.

Jack Coleman's character Mr. Bennet is known on the show Heroes as "Horn-Rimmed Glasses" (even though his glasses aren't horn-rimmed; they're Browline Ronsir style).

hrmmmmm

i never knew that bout the glasses, i mean i had no idea that it was an actual name for the style

thats why i was so weired out by everyone(mostly mohinder) calling him that

i thought to myself "what a weird thing to remeber about someone"

heck, i didn't even recognize glasses man as claire's father until my gf pointed it out to me

guess their plan to make him stand out didn't work

i prefer glasses man anyway, sounds better

Jack Coleman's character Mr. Bennet is known on the show Heroes as "Horn-Rimmed Glasses" (even though his glasses aren't horn-rimmed; they're Browline Ronsir style).

hrmmmmm

i never knew that bout the glasses, i mean i had no idea that it was an actual name for the style

thats why i was so weired out by everyone(mostly mohinder) calling him that

i thought to myself "what a weird thing to remeber about someone"

heck, i didn't even recognize glasses man as claire's father until my gf pointed it out to me

guess their plan to make him stand out didn't work

i prefer glasses man anyway, sounds better

I'm pretty sure "horn-rimmed" was a slang term for the Browline style of glasses.

As for HRG himself, is his last name Bennet or Bennett?? Most folks I know with that last name have two t's...nitpicky question? yes, but what else do we have to occupy ourselves for the next 5 weeks :csad:

I'm pretty sure "horn-rimmed" was a slang term for the Browline style of glasses.

As for HRG himself, is his last name Bennet or Bennett?? Most folks I know with that last name have two t's...nitpicky question? yes, but what else do we have to occupy ourselves for the next 5 weeks :csad:

Indeed, these are going to be a rough few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"