Infinity War Why doesn't Doctor Strange just bargain with Thanos?

DalekbusterFitz

Dalekbuster523
Reaction score
He does it with Dormammu, so why not Thanos?

(I mean, I'm assuming he won't otherwise there'd be no movie - and he looks to be in deep trouble in the trailers.)

Trap him in a time loop until he gets fed up of killing him like with Dormammu and maybe he would agree to a deal too?

they are probably going to have an explanation why thanos can't be that easily thwarted.

also wasn't dr strange able to do this because the very realm that dormammu existed in does not have time?

Strange won't do it again because Mordo was mighty upset with him for doing it the first time. :o

Thanos would just figure out what he's doing and grab the stone himself from Strange's neck (probably after breaking said neck) and use the time gem to undo whatever Strange was doing with it and then go about his business.

also wasn't dr strange able to do this because the very realm that dormammu existed in does not have time?

Yeah, as I recall, this only worked with Dormammu because the concept of time was foreign to the dark dimension.

Strange won't do it again because Mordo was mighty upset with him for doing it the first time. :o

Although the second post-credit scene appears to hint that Mordo will be one of the antagonists of Doctor Strange 2, so Doctor Strange is very unlikely to take note of his opinion in Infinity War.

Makes you wonder how events can be reversed and repeated in a realm where time doesn't actually exist, doesn't it? :p

Although the second post-credit scene appears to hint that Mordo will be one of the antagonists of Doctor Strange 2, so Doctor Strange is very unlikely to take note of his opinion in Infinity War.
Infinity War (and the sequel) take place before Doctor Strange 2; it's unlikely at this point that Stephen knows Mordo has gone AWOL.

Yeah I think it only worked because Dormammu had no concept of time. notice when Strange was reversing time Kaecilius and his zealots were able to break free?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"