WipeOut PS3 Announcement coming in August

Zenien

Reaction score
An announcement has been made: there will be an announcement about WipEout on PS3.

Tony Buckley in an interview with Kikizo.com spoke of this upcoming announcement. When asked about a potential HD version of WipEout, he replied, "I think WipEout in HD would be stonking! ... It's obvious we're doing a WipEout for the PS3 but... well, there will be an announcement in August." If stonking means awesome (and we think it does), we should all start marking our calendars for August to find out what Liverpool Studios is cooking up.

WipEout was originally released on PlayStation. It was re-released on PlayStation Store for play on PSP and PS3, and a version specifically designed for PSP was also released with the handheld's launch.

http://www.psu.com/node/11764

If they have a decent online and some epic tracks, this could be awesome.

REALLY awesome.

The only thing I don't like about Wipeout is that, like Extreme-G racing, it gets to fast toward the end of the game, and you just wind up pining off the walls. I crave a futuristic race game that doesn't go so fast it's impossibly to keep on track.

I think they should up the speed, but have wider tracks, especially for the online. That way everyone won't be bumping into eachother trying to follow the tight racing line. The game should be about speed and weapons first, with the tricky tracks for real experts only.

It's not necessarily the speed that gets me. It's the fact that when the speed hits a certain level you wind up pinging all about the sides of the track.

No it isn't coming to the 360 because it's being made by a Sony studio. And personally, I really don't care for this game. I didn't like the PSP one.

THIS GAME WILL SAVE THE PS3!!!! JUST LIKE MOTORSTORM DID!!!

But really. Wow. I'm sure I'm not the only one really looking forward to this announcement. Afterall, racing games these days really have so much to offer. So many varied environments and gameplay objectives like "drive in the correct direction on the dirt track" and "drive in the correct direction through the city".

Wipeout is generally the worst game I've ever played. It gives me a headache.

Wipeout was ok but Wipeout XL was awesome. XGRA is the best future racer though IMO with easily the most insane tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"