Metal Gear Solid Online coming to PS3

Havok83

Avenger
Reaction score
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/805/805634p1.html

PlayStation Premiere: Metal Gear Solid Online Set for PS3
The online battle will continue on the PS3

by Anoop Gantayat

We were satisfied when just one Metal Gear Solid game was on the way (MGS4). Then Konami and Hideo Kojima threw us a bone with the announcement at the PlayStation Premier press conference today of Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops + for the PSP.

But they weren't done there apparently. Famitsu.com reports that following a short demo play session of MGS4 at the event, Kojima announced that Kojima Productions is currently preparing a PlayStation 3 version of Metal Gear Online, the online battle game that appeared in MGS3 Subsistence. The site reports that Kojima will play the game live at next week's Metal Gear 20th Anniversary Party event in Tokyo and will share specifics on what players can expect.

We're a bit unclear if Metal Gear Online will be a standalone release, or if it will be included as part of MGS4. Hopefully, all will be clarified next week.

I'd like it to be a seperate release...

Just cause I like adding MGS games to the shelf of "favourite games" in my room. :huh:

A PSN release? Maybe. Kojima had said in the past that ultiamtely he'd want to mature MGO to the point where it was its own product.

I'd definitely pay for MGO PSN!

I defiently see this as a standalone release and iy would make sense as the online portion of MGS3S was so seperate from the main story and could have been its seperate game. They tested the waters there successfully and now they can expand upon it. I hope this doesnt come out till at least a while after MGS4 if it is a standalone title.

I can see them making it as a Stand Alone release and also releasing it on a BR disc for something less then 59.99. Or continually releasing DLC for it on PSN and then packing all that in on a BRD for 59.99 at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"