Wolverine Filming Next Year?

narrows101

Reaction score
I can tell you that Hugh is filming a movie for director Baz Luhrmann co-starring Nicole Kidman starting in February. My guess is this movie may film after that one - the rumor right now is the Luhrmann movie is going to take anywhere from three to six months to shoot.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/articles/2992.asp

Jackman Hopes to Film Wolverine in '07

The Aussie actor with a mad-on for mutants talks about his solo film.

Hugh Jackman says he's hoping to begin filming his X-Men spin-off film, Wolverine, sometime next year.

That would mean a 2008 debut for the film.

Jackman recently talked to Comics Continuum while promoting the Oct. 2 release of X-Men: The Last Stand on DVD.

"For me as an actor, it's an amazing part," Jackman said. "I think Wolverine, in, not just the comic-book genre, but any kind of action movie, is one of the great parts. I love playing him, and it's a challenge."

Look for the film to deal with Wolverine's past and include Stryker and Sabretooth. Jackman stressed that Wolverine is not a substitute for X-Men 4: "I want to make a piece that's in every way -- stylistically and character-wise -- that's different, that shows new stuff," Jackman said.

Regarding X3: "For me, if you're going to play a role and you're going to do it again, you want to do it better, you want to take it further and you want to show more," Jackman said. "And in the script, I think we had the best script to start with of any of three."
Bob Gough
9/20/2006
Source: Comics Continuum

That's about the normal wait between movies in franchises - about three years. It all depends when everything is ready to film.

Apparently the script wasn't/isn't quite ready and Hugh has other commitments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"