Worst Current Network/Channel on TV

I would have to say the CW is pretty bad. NBC is just a few cancellations away from being on par with it, though. Honestly, I only watch NBC for Parks and Rec, Community, 30 Rock and Up All Night. I would add The Firm, but I keep forgetting what time it comes on.

I would have to say the CW is pretty bad. NBC is just a few cancellations away from being on par with it, though. Honestly, I only watch NBC for Parks and Rec, Community, 30 Rock and Up All Night. I would add The Firm, but I keep forgetting what time it comes on.

The Firm is on some night at cancellation o clock.

I'm terrible.

or me it's the cable channels that do not carry what their name says.

History - Bunch of guys buying garbage out of people's garages.
Travel - Cooking shows, reality show about "haunted houses."
Discovery - Very light on real docs

I could go on, but I won't. Cant tell you how many times I've turned on Hist expecting to see just that and it's two dudes going antiquing.

Oh I agree, I remember a time when HGTV used to show gardening shows. :(

It really is disgusting what Discovery and History and the like have turned into. They used to be intellectual and educational, but now they're just a haven for reality TV shows pandering to ****ing hillbillies.

I think TLC is the biggest offender when it comes to betraying what the channel originally stood for.

I was just about to say, "And don't even get me started on TLC." Haha.

Oh yes I stood by them for a while, but Toddlers & Tiaras was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Exactly. When I put on "Hist" I wanna see Rome, WW2, etc, etc. When I put on Discovery I wanna see cool science and technology stuff, outer space and so on. I expect to see some sort of giant jungle cat, lizard, whale, fish or something of the sort when I put on Animal Planet.

Not hard to ask right? ESPN still shows sports, CNN still shows news, yet many of the others lost their way.

Discovery Channel in 1995:

514GNZ0HE5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Discovery Channel in 2012:

moonshiners.jpg

SyFy isn't so bad these days, but they are a far cry from where they used to be. The end of MST3K will always mark the end of my love for the network though. Now we just have a tepid affair.

What TLC has turned into is just plain shameful. Hell, at least MTV still airs music videos at 3am. I don't remember the last time I saw something worth learning on The Learning Channel.

For all of the complaints I may have about SyFy (starting with the spelling of their name), at least they still have shows like Haven, Eureka, Warehouse 13, and Sanctuary.

The Food Network has gotten up their own asses with their programming. They're so busy airing marathons of Guy Fieri, Paula Dean, and Chopped that they had put all of their actual cooking shows on a sister network called Cooking Channel.

SyFy and CN for their horrible scheduling.
YES! THIS A THOUSAND TIMES! CN's horrible scheduling is the whole reason I lost interest in YJ. :cmad:
What TLC has turned into is just plain shameful. Hell, at least MTV still airs music videos at 3am. I don't remember the last time I saw something worth learning on The Learning Channel.
I think VH1 is the new MTV. They have that Pop Up Video show, Top 20 Countdown, Behind the Music and the morning Jump Start where they show music videos.
The Food Network has gotten up their own asses with their programming. They're so busy airing marathons of Guy Fieri, Paula Dean, and Chopped that they had put all of their actual cooking shows on a sister network called Cooking Channel.
That's really sad.

By the way, just out of curiosity I checked out History Channel tonight. It was all Pawn Stars, and that show with the two dudes going antiquing (oh how romantic for them).

As for the bad scheduling, I totally agree on those. I have seen all of 2 episodes of Young Justice on demand. I have yet to see the Green lantern show ... or is that even on yet?

NBC deserves a vote for the sole reason that they made a show based on and starring Chelsea Handler.

MTV also deserves a vote because they've gone from a channel that never shows music videos to a show that never shows programs that have anything to do with music to the channel that gave us Jersey Shore. Their only, ONLY saving grace is that they brought back Beavis and Butthead.

Syfy gets a vote because... they're Syfy.

The CW deserves a vote because... they're the CW.

Also, whatever channel it was that put that goddamned Sarah Palin program on a while back (I think it was TLC) deserves to rot and burn in a thousand hells.

Yeah that was TLC. :O

Bravo needs to burn in the deepest darkest pits of hell, taking the "real" housewives and Andy Cohen with them.

Finally someone who is talking sense.... The CW? NBC? Get ****ing real, guys... have you seen the kind of utterly horrific, exploitative, mean-spirited **** that networks like Bravo, Lifetime and TLC air? Come on. NBC and The CW aren't even in the running for the worst network on TV. :o

Bravo needs to burn in the deepest darkest pits of hell, taking the "real" housewives and Andy Cohen with them.
My reaction to the above:
rhonj-carolineheadturn.gif

I'll give you Andy Cohen but I need my housewives fix!

Last edited:
I thank the sweet cable provider above that I do not get Bravo. It seems to only consist of various versions of the Real Housewives.

SyFy (uggh) could be the coolest channel on the TV, but it isn't. They've got two shows about finding ghosts. Ghosts. I'd be more inclined to watch Dr. Who if it came on that channel or old episodes of Star Trek. It's the channel NBC Universal has decreed as their toilet.
Totally forgot about Syfy or the Sci-Fi channel as I remember it watching reruns of Misfits Of Science and Manimal.

Ugh, yeah I guess I would have to agree that Bravo is f***ing atrocious. And yeah, Lifetime is torture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"