Worst Faustian comicbook movie?

Kevin Roegele

Do you mind if I don't?
Reaction score
For some reason, Faustian superhreo movies always suck. Probably because they are too busy trying too be as 'badass' as possible - with lame 80's metal type visuals (skulls, chains, motorbikes) that only a 13 year old would truly be impressed by - instead of crafting a good story.

P411298.jpg

B00005LMAK.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

519S6MTMuoL.jpg

- Spawn was a bad movie, but not one of the worst that I've seen. It's main downfall was a sub-par plot and bad direction.
- Faust looks like it's suckage reaches a new level. In the same class as DTV horror flicks, DTV monster (snakes, crocodiles, pterodactyls, etc.) movies, and DTV disaster movies. Since I've never seen it, I can't vote for it.
- Ghost Rider was just terrible. It made Spawn look like Se7en. It butchered the character, and just failed in every aspect of a good film (direction, script, acting, character development, etc.).

Therefore, Spawn wins by default. :o

...and I just voted Spawn for some odd reason. :confused:

Faust was the biggest POS out of the three. It makes Spawn and Ghost Rider look like Gone With The Wind.

Ghost Rider [/I]was just terrible. It made Spawn look like Se7en. It butchered the character, and just failed in every aspect of a good film (direction, script, acting, character development, etc.).
I didn't think it butched the character, actually the depiction of Ghost Rider himself was good. It was the plot, dialogue, and villains that were suckage. Ghost Rider himself was Ghost Rider, but he was caught in this horrible pseudo-comedy world in which he didn't belong.

I didn't think it butched the character, actually the depiction of Ghost Rider himself was good. It was the plot, dialogue, and villains that were suckage. Ghost Rider himself was Ghost Rider, but he was caught in this horrible pseudo-comedy world in which he didn't belong.

True.

For some reason, Faustian superhreo movies always suck. Probably because they are too busy trying too be as 'badass' as possible - with lame 80's metal type visuals (skulls, chains, motorbikes) that only a 13 year old would truly be impressed by - instead of crafting a good story.

To be fair, Spawn and Ghost Rider have to have skulls and chains 'cause that's what the comic had. If anything, Ghost Rider should have had more metal perios. I hated the damn cowboy music! I wanted to hear some "swallor your soul" type sh**!

The problem, and this is main in the case of Spawn and Faust, just completely wussing out in terms of content. Yes, I'm talking about cursing, and violence, and nudity. In the case of Faust, you can see how a lot of the depravity and sexual content served the story. It does genuinely need to be there, and the movie really half-assed it. Monica Van Campen was nice to oggle, though. Beyond that, you've got Mark Frost handing in one of THE WORST acting performance I've ever seen, and a lot of cheap b-movie trappings. I'd have sooner been happier with a straight cloth jumpsuit and mask for Faust than the beyond sucky quasi-organic/Spawn rip-off symbiote. And again, more of Mark Frost's hamfisted acting.

As for Spawn, they'd tried to be efficient in tying characters together (Clown being in league with Wynn, for example) and just ended up being stingy. Not to mention Spawn's completely lack of killing, with the exception of Priest. And that's another thing ***NOW ENTERING ANGRY BLACK MAN MODE***, why was Chapel turned into a white chick?!? (not that I wouldn't do unspeakable things to Mindy Clarke's vajayjay, but) And Why is Terry Fitzferald a white dude?!? Mind you, I may be coming off hypocritical, 'cause I had no problem with Michael Clarke Duncan as Kingpin, but white people in comics are a dime a dozen! You're adapting a comic with a lot of black characters, and this is what you give us? I call bulls**t!!

Yeah, I thought Ghost Rider himself was more-or-less accurate. It's a hard character to misinterprete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"