FX’s Shogun | Hiroyuki Sanada, Cosmo Jarvis, Anna Sawai

Since they're off history I guess they are considering putting the Tokugawa heir's actions onto Toranaga himself. And/or going further in Blackthorne's Dutch mission being successful

I loved the show so much, but it doesn’t need a S2!

Never needed a 2nd season, but there was just no way that FX were going to let argubly their biggest hit of all time end after 1 season and let Justin Marks and Rachel Kondo leave.

Yeah, this is definitely an FX decision when even the show's creators said that the story is complete.

Sources indicate that, in the event of a Season 2 renewal, Cosmo Jarvis would likely also return to reprise his role of Pilot-Major John Blackthorne. Of course, there are plenty of other pieces that must fall into place before an official greenlight.

Not surprising at all.

Not surprising at all.
While I’m not completely opposed to this, if they’re going to do it, I prefer they do it if they have a really good story they want and need to tell, and not make it just because the show is popular and they need to make money to please some higher-up suits.

Otherwise, just leave it be.

Hm. Interesting that Marks and Kondo are returning after saying they didn't see a need for a follow-up. In addition to hearing that Clavell's estate is involved. That slightly piques my interest

Hm. Interesting that Marks and Kondo are returning after saying they didn't see a need for a follow-up. In addition to hearing that Clavell's estate is involved. That slightly piques my interest
I'm curious how does the survivors of another generation getting cash off of grandfather's works help creatively?

Gone from no more seasons to two more in the space of a week. :funny:

At least they seem to be taking it seriously though, dont think many would have returned without serious input from the estate of the original writer.

Yeah I am glad but cautious on the more seasons news. I want to see this world and characters again. But sometimes things are just better left as they are.

I loved this show and happy its returning even though i fully agree it didnt need it. This was a business decision, plain and simple. Its like DC’s Joker movie, did it need a sequel? Absolutely not. But if your the studio financiers and youre looking at the numbers the first iteration did, no studio suit in their right mind would say “no more” to something that did so well. This is the same thing that happened here.

And like it or not, we’re in this day and age where every streaming app is desperately looking for their “Game of Thrones,” and Hulu thinks they found theirs.

Im not sure how I feel about this. Shogun is a very one and done story IMO.

You COULD adapt Gaijin, but honestly the story was so-so unless they want to use it to set up an adaptation of Noble House and Tai-Pan

In my mind im kinda thinking..."What's the story hook?"

The main option that comes to my mind is a falling out between Blackthorne and Toranaga. And im not sure I want to go there...even though it makes sense

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"