Worst Mouth in a CBM: Superman's CGI Mouth vs. Deadpool's Missing Mouth

Deck Rickard

Lord of Frenzied Flame
Reaction score
I know this thread is stupid and unnecessary, but whatever. I'm bored. Which superhero mouth, in your opinion, was worse?

Exhibit A: Henry Cavill's bizarre CGI mouth in Justice League

superman_trans_Nv_BQz_QNjv4_Bqt_Cv_HRLdkw_F7u_Licb5_Kq_Er2i_CVp8u1_X8d_R0o_E.jpg

supermans-cgi-mouth-henry-cavill-justice-league-8.jpg

Exhibit B: Turning the Merc with a Mouth into the Merc without a Mouth in X-Men: Origins Wolverine

They-_Closed-the-_Mouth-of-_The-_Merc-with-the-_Mouth.jpg

deadpool-wolverine.png

I personally voted for Deadpool. While Cavill's CGI mouth looks awful in some spots, at least they had a bit of an excuse for doing it. There's not excusing the abomination that is Mouthless Barakapool.

I would easily say Deadpool. Superman's mouth looked bad, but they didn't intentionally try to make him look bad, it just ended up that way. Deadpool, on the other hand, was a purposeful design decision.

They both make me want to gouge my eyes out. But for different reasons. Deadpool is just a well-executed HORRIBLE idea and design. Superman's mouth is just HORRIBLY executed.

Where's the option for Alicia Silverstone in Batman & Robin? :o

It's easily Supertache. How a huge studio like WB thought they could get away with that garbage is beyond me.

At least Deadpool was a creative decision and competently achieved. Origins deserves no defense but even then it was pointed joke and set up for the real character later.

Superman's hideous mouth looks awful 90% of the time, destroying immersion in the the film and Cavill's best stab at the role so far.

Superman's was the worst for me, easily.

Deadpool's was supposed to look like that. Superman's was supposed to look normal but ended up looking farcical.

Haha, you guys raise some great points! I guess it's a debate of incompetence (Superman) vs. poor creative decisions (Deadpool). Maybe they are equally bad for different reasons.

Hah, nice thread. Both terrible but I give Deadpool the award.

It's funny how sometimes the worst thing possible happens to a character and yet it ultimately gives birth to the best thing possible. In the case of Deadpool, Fox realized it messed up EVERYTHING about the character EXCEPT the casting of Reynolds and they ultimately greenlit a great Deadpool movie. It's somewhat similar to what happened with Batman; like, if Batman and Robin never happened, then we may never have gotten the Nolan trilogy.

So based on that alone maybe Superman's mouth here is worse because I don't see WB greenlighting another Superman movie for a long time. Though his CGI mouth doesn't really have anything to do with that.

Maybe Supermouth will give people a true Superman next time?

I would easily say Deadpool. Superman's mouth looked bad, but they didn't intentionally try to make him look bad, it just ended up that way. Deadpool, on the other hand, was a purposeful design decision.

This. Also, the Mission: Impossible team is most at fault for the CGI mouth since they've apparently never heard of fake mustaches. I seriously doubt it takes Cavill that long to grow one anyway.

It doesn't matter to me why the mouths ended up how they are; results are what count. However, Deadpool's mouth has an in-story reason for being like that, while Superman's is immersion-breaking bad effects, failing at something that movies succeed at basically as a matter of course (human faces looking like actual faces). Superman's is worse.

Where's the option for Alicia Silverstone in Batman & Robin? :o

Alicia Silverstone has the best mouth.

Superman, because he had more potential than this version of Deadpool.

Maybe Supermouth will give people a true Superman next time?

We can only hope.

This. Also, the Mission: Impossible team is most at fault for the CGI mouth since they've apparently never heard of fake mustaches. I seriously doubt it takes Cavill that long to grow one anyway.

Seriously. They make wearable faces that are so lifelike that they allow people to impersonate anyone in the world. A fake mustache should have been a walk in the park! :o

Man, remember when Alicia Silverstone was in all of those Aerosmith videos? Those were the days...

I still think she looked damned good in that Batgirl outfit!

Oh, she did. But nothing could save that movie. Or her performance in it...

I'm glad that awful Superman's CGI mouth is in the movie.

First it was "Martha" but now visual evidence is there to see how terrible WB has been with DCU.

Words couldn't describe this fiasco.

Deadpool's mouth was a far more egregious mistake. The CGI with Superman was less noticeable after the initial camera phone scene, and it was ultimately just a visual problem. One of Deadpool's essential character traits is his hyperverbal nature. Subtracting that changes the character completely, which never works out in adaptations.

They are both awful. But at least Deadpool was a creative decision not a ****in studio mishap.

I vote Superman WORSE

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"