Would my Dark Knight Rises storyline work in a film ?

SchumacherFan

Civilian
Reaction score
I'm wondering what I would do if I were Chris Nolan and making Dark Knight Rises.... So I just wanted to give some thoughts about what my 'Dark Knight Rises' would be if I were Nolan.. I'll make it brief since no one really likes fan fiction...

I would base the sequel to Dark Knight on three of the best Batman stories.

1) Knightfall
2) No Man's Land
3) Prey

The main villains would be Hugo Strange (Robin Williams) , Bane (Tom Hardy or someone bigger), & Catwoman (Someone other than Anne Hathaway - Olivia Wilde works for me!).

51QD1985YJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
250px-Batman_Prey_cover.jpg

Broken_Bat.jpg

If you read Prey, that would be my entire first act. Basically, Gotham Police creates a vigilante task force led by Gordon and they hire Dr. Hugo Strange as a consultant to discover the identity of Batman. Prey was a great story and also shows Catwoman's early appearance. In the beginning of the movie, Dr. Strange is introduced and he is obsessed with Batman. Batman is fighitng crime like normal and his character discovers a new character that is capturing Gotham's atten., the mysterious Catwoman. Batman is chasing Catwoman, while Hugo Strange decides to go to Arkham to release the most dangerous criminal ever, Bane. He makes a deal with Bane to cause destruction and crime to lure Batman in and take him out. Bane accepts. Bane does not find Batman at first, but runs into Catwoman where he attacks her, Batman comes in and save the day. Bane is hurt, Hugo sends him to roid up into a new monster. The side effects are that Bane simply gets overly strong and the hormones cause an intense roid rage.. As Bane's transformation begins, Gotham City is in turmoil as an earthquake rips apart Gotham. No Man's Land. Bane is now peaked and decides a new plan, to take over Gotham in the wake of the disaster. The transformation of him getting bigger is also a metaphor to Gotham being torn apart by the eartquake. Bane kills Hugo Strange in a disagreement and begins to break all criminals free in the chaos of the aftermath of the earthquake. Gotham Citizens escape and leave the city as Bane and his criminals take over the entire city. Batman and Gordon team up and try their best to re-take the city. The only way to take out Bane In a raining , abandoned city - Bane attacks Batman, which they fall into a sewer. Bane breaks Batman. Batman is SERIOUSLY hurt. Batman can not move. Gordon rescues Batman. Batman must rise and face the evil of Gotham. Catwoman decides to help the Batman and save the day. As Batman is injured, he can only fight and save the day using his new vechicle, the new Batwing !!
dqhu03.jpg

New Batwing + Catwoman support + Gordon assistance = Overthrowing Bane and taking control. Gordon's small team takes out the criminal mob while Batman in his batwing helps. Catwoman faces Bane, and of course Bane manages to get the upper hand with catwoman, so batman fights bane injured and eventually 'rises' up and takes out Bane. Catwoman disappears at the end.....

Sorry if my ideas suck, im bored and was just thinking about batman and which comics i would base the movie off of... I thought mixing these three would be nice. I know there are a lot of fan boys who absolutely hate anyone's fan fiction and i'm okay with that, im just curious if my story could actually work and be entertaining and decent. I wrote it off the top of my head so sorry if it sucks.

bane-tom-hardy.jpg

1932284-catwoman_wilde_super.png

williams-strange_650.jpg

Sounds good to me. Hugo Strange's inclusion in the last film would have been ideal.

That would be the ever gorgeous Olivia Wilde. She is so smokin hot its not even funny

I don't think Gordon would want to lead a task force to discover Batman's identity, and I doubt Bane would attack Catwoman randomly, unless he had intended that to lure Batman out. On the other hand, I'd much rather have a natural earthquake than have Talia make an appearance with an earthquake machine.

Sounds to me like you've taken what we know about this film (along with some speculation) and injected Strange into it.

Pretty much what I wrote about it months ago only I didn't have the earthquake in it.
In Prey the antagonist that Strange used wasn't Bane but Max Cort. An overzealous cop who led the vigilante task force because Gordon was deemed too close to the Batman to be effective by the Mayor. He went around at night disguised as a Batman look-alike committing crimes and sullying Batman's name in the press.

This could still be a part of this film. Because we do have the mayor and a senator in it. maybe they take Gordon off the hunt for the Bat seeing as how he can't (or won't) catch him. maybe this is why JGL is brought in?

Oh and my choice for Hugo Strange would have been John Lithgow. Not Robin Williams. Not that he's not a great actor. But Lithgow would own that part and look more like the Hugo from the comics imo.

Pagan - I loved PREY storyline and thought it would make a great first act.

I also really enjoy No Man's Land (1999). Thought it would be awesome and make Bane's take over more interesting as Gotham is at it's weakest point and Bane would capitalize on this.

I don't care for Talia or the League of Shadows in Dark Knight Rises. I think its a re-hash of the first film, the exact reason Spider-Man 3 sucked so bad, but I'm sure Nolan will make it good.

Lithgow is not bad as Strange. I'm sure he or Robin Williams could pull it off.

I'd take Williams over Lightgow. The first knows how to scare an audience with his serious roles (One Hour Photo, Insomnia).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"