X3 on the cover of EW!

Here's my original post in the magazine thread:

Entertainment Weekly (two separate stories):

may262006_878_lg.jpg

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1195604_1_0_,00.html

http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1195604-2-4_1||233612|1_,00.html

Even Harry Knowles, the founder of movie fansite Ain't It Cool News, who once lauded Ratner for the Rush Hour films, has turned against him.
Ratner, in a rumpled dress shirt and jeans, seems genuinely confounded, even betrayed, by the ill will. ''Go back and look at what he wrote about me for Rush Hour and Rush Hour 2,'' he says, his voice pitching up at least an octave at the mention of Knowles. ''He wrote that I was the s---. Now I'm a hack?''

Just Halle and Hugh?

Meh. :down

Anyone else getting really sick of seeing just these two?

WorthyStevens4 said:
Just Halle and Hugh?

There's more pictures inside of others.

WorthyStevens4 said:
Just Halle and Hugh?

:confused:

No. They are the faces of the X-Men both in the comics and in the filmed franchise. What were you expecting?

Anyway, I must say I'm pleased to see EW giving this film front coverage. I was seriously expecting them to snub yet another Marvel film from the spotlight.

It's obviously a conspiracy on Entertainment Weekly's part to SABOTAGE X-men 3.

We expect Cyclops, Jean, Storm, and Logan. They are the core characters to the fans.

TheVileOne said:
It's obviously a conspiracy on Entertainment Weekly's part to SABOTAGE X-men 3.

Don't start today Vile; I don't have the patience. I've already conceded the point. Move on.

Lightning Strikez! said:

No. They are the faces of the X-Men both in the comics and in the filmed franchise. What were you expecting?

Anyway, I must say I'm pleased to see EW giving this film front coverage. I was seriously expecting them to snub yet another Marvel film from the spotlight.

Storm wasnt even an original member of the X-Men. She isnt "the face" of the X-Men.

Lightning Strikez! said:
Don't start today Vile; I don't have the patience. I've already conceded the point. Move on.

I think Vile was just kidding. :D :p

Lightning Strikez! said:

A group shot, like this (with slight differences in the group):

ew3gj.jpg

taintedFB said:
We expect Cyclops, Jean, Storm, and Logan. They are the core characters to the fans.

Was James and Famke been on the EW covers before? Or was it just Logan all these years?

At any rate, EW (and any other mag) is not going to be primarily focused on selling their product to comic book fans: They are marketing it to the mainstream. Hugh and Halle are getting top billing this time and are the most recognizable faces to non-XMen fans.

So Jean's/Scott's absence is not a snub to comic book fans...it's just sales and marketing. Business. ;)

Lightning Strikez! said:
Was James and Famke been on the EW covers before? Or was it just Logan all these years?

At any rate, EW (and any other mag) is not going to be primarily focused on selling their product to comic book fans: They are marketing it to the mainstream. Hugh and Halle are getting top billing this time and are the most recognizable faces to non-XMen fans.

So Jean's/Scott's absence is not a snub to comic book fans...it's just sales and marketing. Business. ;)

Check above. ;)

Lightning Strikez! said:

But after everyone sees Famkes performance in X3 they will be saying "Hugh and Halle who?"

PhoenixRising said:
Storm wasnt even an original member of the X-Men. She isnt "the face" of the X-Men.

Well, neither is Logan. But 30 years of popularity says differently. ;) One doesn't have to be "first" to be foremost.

PhoenixRising said:
But after everyone sees Famkes performance in X3 they will be saying "Hugh and Halle who?"

Erm...we'll see.

At any rate, it's always wonderful to see positive optimism. ;):up:

PhoenixRising said:

Ur so damn right! Famke all the way! ;) :up: :)

Lightning Strikez! said:
Well, neither is Logan. But 30 years of popularity says differently. ;) One doesn't have to be "first" to be foremost.

But Logan kicks butt. Storm.... well.... doesnt. Who exactly said Storm was ever popular?

WorthyStevens4 said:
Check above. ;)

There ya go. :up: And considering that Scott and Jean are tied to the film's biggest spoilers (and what we know of their fates) it wouldn't make sense to put them on the cover this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"