Legends Your Favorite Kind of Lightsaber

James

Built from Lego
Reaction score
I was on Wookiepedia recently looking for something completely unrelated, and ended up on the page for lightsabers. As we all know there are a ton of variants, from colour to hilt and even the number and length of the blades. It's occurred to me that everyone must have a personal favorite, or at the very least a style they prefer.

Some variants on the standard meter-long blade are obvious, like Darth Maul's famous double-bladed staff saber, or the rare purple blade of Mace Windu. Here are some other lesser known styles:

The Lightwhip (not very useful for defense):

200px-Githany_EGF.jpg

The Darksaber (blade comes to a point):

180px-PreVizslaBaldy-SWE.jpg

The Crossguard Lightsaber (has another smaller blade on an angle):

250px-Forked_Lightsaber.JPG

The Lightsaber Pike (elongated hilt):

Emperors_Shadow_Guard.jpg

The Protosaber (requires belt-mounted power pack:

Protosaber_EGTW.jpg

Those are just some examples, there are even more variations on the Wookiepedia Lightsaber page. I also once recall reading about a kind of Lightsaber-nun chucks, although I'm not sure these were ever canon due to how impractical they would be.

Discuss!

Where's the protosaber from?

Also, I like the darksaber, but I really like tonfa sabers with the handle on the side of the hilt.

Darksaber and crossguard saber are dumb. Not a big fan of those.

Pike saber could be interesting. I think the longer handle should be hollow to contain an extra saber or two inside.

My favorite sabers are the classic Luke / Vader sabers and Count Dooku's curved handle saber. I particularly like how Dooku uses his with a semi-fencing form of saber combat.

My favorite sabers are the classic Luke / Vader sabers and Count Dooku's curved handle saber. I particularly like how Dooku uses his with a semi-fencing form of saber combat.

Agreed, but I also loved Luke's green one. It even sounded different than the other sabers throughout the saga.

About Dooku's fighting style... I was waiting for some cool, old school fencing after reading the novel, where they described it along those lines. Then in the movie, and especially in EpIII, he fought exactly the same as everyone else. Very disappointed (especially given I'm not in love with the prequel fighting styles to begin with).

Cool hilt, though. Mace's, too.

Regular saber for my preference. :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"