Your first Batman story?

Reaction score
What was the first Batman story (or stories) you read?

My first Batman story was "Batman: Shaman" by Dennis O'Neill. I think I was six or seven years old. It was in black and white...originally, my mother didn't want to buy it, because it was a bit violent:woot: I still think it's one of the greatest Batman stories, it's very exciting.

A year after that, a new Batman comic came out. It was just called "Batman", but featured stories from "Batman Adventures", an adaptation of "Mask of the Phantasm", and "Mad Love". Each issue contained two or three pages (called The Gotham Gazette) of information about The Animated Series, Batman Forever and the history of Batman in comics/movies. It was the coolest thing ever! Sadly, it only lasted twelve issues before it vanished from the stores:csad:

The Killing Joke. I was about 12 or 13 years old. I spotted the comic at a convention and decided to pick it up. Went home, read it, loved it. Decided to pick up more Batman books after that. :woot:

It was about 50 years ago, so I haven't a clue. The only thing I can say is that I'm fairly sure it was drawn by Dick Sprang. (probably) :word:

Bathead! Not trying to be rude here, but how old are you? I'm just curious:woot:

I believe it was this issue. I remember liking that the symbol on the chest looked like the Batman movie one and seeing Batman in handcuffs was exciting and intrigued me.

BatmanAnnual15.jpg

I moved to other hero comics after that and didn't pick up Batman again until Bane broke his back. (was that 1994?)

It featured the Penguin and was released in Easter of 1999; trying to find the issue. It was a gift from my mother, and I am trying to determine its identity and purchase a copy.

It featured the Penguin and was released in Easter of 1999; trying to find the issue. It was a gift from my mother, and I am trying to determine its identity and purchase a copy.

I will find it, Crane. I WILL FIND IT!:cmad:

Could it be:

Batman: Shadow of the Bat #84?
No Man's Land #1?
Detective Comics 731?

:word:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members