• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Beware the Batman

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wouldn't judge a show on the empty streets alone. also, it gets better about that.

Pretty good episode this past week.The animation is actually growing on me.I hope the quality keeps up.

Léo Ho Tep;26693513 said:
i wouldn't judge a show on the empty streets alone. also, it gets better about that.

Haha, yeah, people's obsession with the streets is kinda hilarious. I can understand complaining about the genericness of Gotham, but the specific complaint about how many cars and civilians are in the streets is pretty odd.

while I like when they put some life in the streets, what really matters to me is that I enjoy the stories, the serialization, and character development so far is great. Also the action scenes are really dynamic.

I also like the score. It seems to me the batplane's theme is becoming batman's theme, seeing how it was used again in broken.

So, we could've gotten a different show...

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/45810/superman-vs-batman-cartoon-was-too-dark-for-tv/

Superman versus Batman cartoon was “too dark” for TV
by Ed Gross, 21 August 2013

Beware The Batman producer Mitch Watson on the unmade Batman/Superman animated series

Beware The Batman is airing now on Cartoon Network in the US Man Of Steel 2‘s projected Superman versus Batman smackdown my be dominating geek chat, but speaking exclusively to SciFiNow, Beware The Batman producer Mitch Watson revealed that they had something very similar in mind when they first started spitballing show ideas.

“The first version was an Escape From New York kind of thing, which was a lot of fun, but I agree it was probably too dark for where they wanted to go with the show,” says Watson.

“Then we came up with the lighter version of the show, which was Batman – specifically Bruce Wayne – and Clark Kent at the beginning of their careers. The show revolved around Clark as a cub reporter coming to Gotham City, where he meets Bruce. They’re also just becoming Batman and Superman. Clark and Bruce become friends, but Batman and Superman hate each other. Then they realise who each other is, and get on the right side and end up living in the same building.

“It was, tonally, a very different approach,” he adds. “If Beware The Batman is centred in terms of tone, this was much lighter. It explored two guys in their early 20s as they were becoming heroes. That was the gist of the story. But there was just a feeling that although they really liked it, the timing for a Batman/Superman team-up show just didn’t feel right. Not yet. I can tell you that variations of that idea are always on the boards or something to possibly do, but it hasn’t happened yet.

“I think it would have been great, and maybe we’ll get a chance to do it some day.”

DC and WB yet again make another "smart" decision! :oldrazz:

I mean, I'm happy with the final product and all, but think of how perfect the timing would have been between the movie announcement and the show.

Catching up with this now, on second episode.

Was super hesitant; Alfred, CGI animation, Katana or whatever...

But, I will say the Bruce stuff is great. Love that Wayne Manor is looking over Gotham better than in any other medium. But, why does Batman have the only weird lower face/top of head ratio and odd looking forehead with the mask? Everyone else has normal looking head...

Also, the Batman cape/action/moves are pretty great. Not sold on the b-villains yet but it's not 'Batman' bad. But, a solid new age followup to BTAS unlike that former show was or that BATB was beyond it's homages.

BATB was alot more than homages, if BATB is just homages, then BTAS is just a homage to Dennis O'Neil and Neal Adams. Humph.

I like that they are covering the lesser known villains...still having a hard time with the animation. It feels very stiff. Anyone else find the Turtles animation to be much more fluid? Maybe it's just me...

hopefully they'll cover villains little used or never seen in animation yet. Eventually if the show is renewed several times, they can get into the traditional villains. Also they shouldn't be afraid to invent people. Remember this is how Harley Quinn came to be.

A little late on this review so I'll keep this brief...

'Toxic' was another excellent installment of Beware the Batman. Dramatic, emotional, action-packed and very intriguing.

Some points:

- Loved Metamorpho's design and voice
- The city looked great being a little more populated, but Gotham still seems very bland (ala The Dark Knight)
- Anthony Ruivivar continues to excel in the role. Loved his little scene where he was switching voices.
- I wonder what Miss Ravencroft is up to? No doubt working for Anarky (Or IS Anarky as some have claimed?)

So do we think WB could cancel the show in favour of a proposed Superman/Batman animated series?

If they are going to cancel the series, they might as well try a different DC Property. No one wants a Batman/Superman series.

where I live, the opening theme for the show is a majorly shortened one, where the only lyrics are at the end of the theme that say... "Beware the Bat"...

is the complete and full length theme song shown anywhere else, or is this the norm everywhere on tv broadcasts?

because I HAVE seen the full version of the theme song thru other sources...

Likely cancelled as soon as The batman/Superman movie get's closer to generate hype

No I don't think they will cancel, they didn't cancel BATB to facilitate the other Batman movie so they should do it to this one.

I've had enough with this team-up or hero vs. hero crap. It only works best with the X-Men to me. Never cared about Young Justice, Teen Titans, any of those other shows.

Glad that other show didn't get made, BTB is keeping me happier than this new live action movie is likely to do.

Does anyone know why they are taking a few weeks off and showing repeats of the first 6 episodes? Or when the next set of episodes will start again for that matter

I don't see any new episodes listed to air. Not that there are none only they are not scheduled.

I think the re-design of Anarky for the Arkham Origins game would have been a better choice for this show.

Léo Ho Tep;26693513 said:
i wouldnt watch a cgi cartoon that looks cheaper than a video game from the 90's.:woot:

I've had enough with this team-up or hero vs. hero crap. It only works best with the X-Men to me. Never cared about Young Justice, Teen Titans, any of those other shows.

Glad that other show didn't get made, BTB is keeping me happier than this new live action movie is likely to do.

Not even Justice League/Justice League Unlimited?

I really wish that they'd actually use some of Batman's well known villains in this show as opposed to trying to pass off his lesser known one as legitimate threats, let alone as excuses as to why this show is "Unique".

I really wish that they'd actually use some of Batman's well known villains in this show as opposed to trying to pass off his lesser known one as legitimate threats, let alone as excuses as to why this show is "Unique".

Yup! We should totally just re-hash the same characters all over again! That's not creatively bankrupt and unorginial at all! Nope sir! :oldrazz:

It's not like Professor Pyg wasn't a big threat back when Dick was Batman or anything. Or that Ra's and Shiva are damn formidable on the comics! Nah, if the general audience hasn't heard of them, that means they're automatically boring and total jokes! :whatever:

I generally like this approach to a new Batman TV show. This show might not last many episodes knowing how WB is with their shows so celebrate the obscure as much as possible so that they don't have to be obscure anymore. A new generation could grow up with a different exposure and different ideas as to who should be popular.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"