Censorship In Congress!?

StorminNorman

Avenger
Reaction score
Dems Ban "Government Run Health Care" From GOP Lexicon
Posted by: Jillian Bandes at 12:12 PM
Republicans were prohibited from using the free franking service granted to U.S. officials when distributing mail that protested the Democrats health agenda. But they weren't told why -- the mail was simply stopped by Democrats in the House.

Today, they finally got a reason their mail was stopped: because it included the language "government run health care." Apparently, this was too partisan for the allegedly nonpartisan franking service, which told Rep. John Carter (R-Texas), the secretary of the House Republican Conference, that he had to use the following phrases in leiu of "government run health care."

"The House majority unveiled a public option health care plan."

"Just last week the House majority unveiled a health care plan which I believe will cost taxpayers."

Carter called these phrases "Pelosi-speak." From Human Events:

Republicans will be forced to use the Democrats’ version of language describing their attempted government takeover of healthcare on their official communications with their constituents or they will have to pay for the postage personally.
http://townhall.com/blog/g/3f62e8e5-55ad-4e97-b0d8-a768986952c6
GOP Not Allowed to Say 'Government-Run Healthcare'
07/24/2009

Rep. John Carter (R-Texas), the secretary of the House Republican Conference and a former District Court Judge, is having his messages to constituents censored by Democrats on the Franking Commission. Republicans are no longer allowed to use the words “government run health care” in the communications to their constituents.

Carter received an email from the Franking Commission informing him of the censorship.

“It came to me from the Franking Commission and I have the email from the Franking Commission here if you’d like to see it,” Carter said. “We held a telephone town-hall… When you hold telephone town-halls you have a recorded message that introduces the town-hall and the subject matter you’re going to be talking about. You have to now submit that language to the Franking Commission.
“What we proposed as language was as follows, ‘House Democrats unveiled a government-run health care plan,’” Carter said. “Our response from Franking was, ‘You cannot use that language. You must use, ‘The House majority unveiled a public option health care plan,’ which is Pelosi-speak or ‘just last week the House majority unveiled a health care plan which I believe will cost taxpayers…’”

“I would submit to you this is a free speech issue, guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States,” Carter said. A highly-placed Hill staff source tells HUMAN EVENTS this is the new policy being enforced by Democrats. Republicans will be forced to use the Democrats’ version of language describing their attempted government takeover of healthcare on their official communications with their constituents or they will have to pay for the postage personally.

Developing…
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=32856

Last edited:
I am shocked, to be honest. The idea that Democrats would force Republicans to use THEIR language or have to pay postage is quite extreme.

I am shocked, to be honest. The idea that Democrats would force Republicans to use THEIR language or have to pay postage is quite extreme.

LOL. Tellin' ya man, they are both propping each other up. When one side does something extreme, the NWO is pushing the buttons of the country to see what they can get away with. If they get a hostile reaction from both sides, then they know to back off. But if they can convince one side to defend the indefensible (such as censorship), then that is all the wiggle room the NWO needs to further implement it.

Who is the "NWO," Firebird?

Who is the "NWO," Firebird?
dibiasenwo.jpg

I'm tell'n ya Ted Dibiase controls the world's financial markets.

I was going to mention the wrestlers but I figured it'd be too easy........thanks everyone for taking the high road

I remember some Orwellian bills coming out of the GOP's committees. The "Clean Air act" that lowered pollution regulations.
The Patriot act was a really good one.
The death tax
Nomenclature is important and words have power.
You see the reality is that it's not Government run healthcare.
It's actually more of an extension to medicare.
To imply govt run healthcare would be to imply single payer and govt run hospitals and such. It's misleading.

blargh lag double post. someone put new hamsters on the wheels that drive this server.

I'm not sure on this, we don't call any other system or service, government run schooling/social service/social security/etc so that term is a bit new an odd on me. That said I have no problem with it either, they can't **** up more than the insurance companies currently ass raping employers.

I guess the question is, has this ever happened before when the repubs were in control? If not then it's ****ed up, if so then they need to shut the **** up.

Gotta say though I'm starting to get biased on this, if I see one more comercial about old people dying so the gov can hand out free abortions I might just smash my tv. Well not my tv, but I'll go to best buy and smash theirs.

New World Order. A one world government conspiracy theory.

Or the pro wrestling team.

it's a toss up

I know. I'm asking specifically. RFB talks about them so often, I'd like to know who he thinks these shadowy men ruling the world are.

I know. I'm asking specifically. RFB talks about them so often, I'd like to know who he thinks these shadowy men ruling the world are.

Rockefeller family, Rothschild family, and other top dogs of the international banking cartel. Politicians like Obama just do their bidding so that they don't end up like the rest of us in the end (either dead or in slavery).

Dunno about them. maybe the Bilderberg group? WTO? *shrug*
Lots of people have different ideas.

if you want a good conspiracy theory here's one.

Yes, it's the Bilderberg group, or should I say a certain faction of the Bilderberg group. There are many folks like Bill Gates who are invited to it but don't have a clue what the people at the top are planning.

Well to be fair, I think the Democrats felt that the chart being distributed was not entirely accurate, and had not gone through all of the proper channels before being distributed using official mail.

They are still allowed to say "government run health care", they just have to pay for it themselves. I see nothing wrong with that. If you want to send out partisan propoganda, you should have to do it on your dime.

The sticking point was the chart....they've been talking about this for over a week now.

It's not simply the chart - it's the fact that the Democrats want the Republicans to use words describing their Healthcare plan of THEIR choosing. That's completely ridiculous.

That certainly may be their motive, but they are using the chart as their reasoning in all of the interviews I've seen. They don't believe it to be correct....and therefore should not be sent out as official mail.

That certainly may be their motive, but they are using the chart as their reasoning in all of the interviews I've seen. They don't believe it to be correct....and therefore should not be sent out as official mail.

Rockefeller family, Rothschild family, and other top dogs of the international banking cartel. Politicians like Obama just do their bidding so that they don't end up like the rest of us in the end (either dead or in slavery).

Yes, it's the Bilderberg group, or should I say a certain faction of the Bilderberg group. There are many folks like Bill Gates who are invited to it but don't have a clue what the people at the top are planning.

Yeah that's the basic just of it. The funny thing is that all this debate, all this arguing over any topic like health care or the economic crisis that was fixed or the wars that came from I guess an apparent terrorist attack and what's the best plan to go about managing them, what politician A thinks is good, politician B thinks is bad, it's all BS.

Most of them honestly don't care, but the people (American public) listening to them does, and we end up arguing amongst ourselves what two puppets are lying about and meanwhile ignoring or are completely oblivious to the strings that control them. It really is genius and the majority of us have fallen hook line and sinker for it. Take a look at this thread and others in this forum, or in any given sites' forum. Divide and conquer.

Everyone likes to say if there's been a conspiracy that big and dark, how can they possibly keep it secret? They can't. There are and have been leaks, a lot from meetings like the Bilderberg Group hold every year. You know why you don't hear about them? Because all the media is owned by corporations who in turn make up quite a bit of members of said groups like the Bilderberg.

It's the same reason why to never expect the mainstream media (of all types) to seriously question the government, especially CNN or Fox News or MSNBC. At least never to the point where the truth that the government simply doesn't care about our well being and will do anything to us to keep us in order and control in order to push their agenda(s) through.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"