DEVIL - M Night Chronicles - Trailer & Poster

So now that we know who the Devil is, what was he doing on the elevator? Also, do you get to see the Devil in some shape or form?

It was a decent film. I think a lot of things came across in the movie as more believable or better acted than in the trailer. The twists were somewhat predictable towards the end , but not disappointing. It was more grounded in reality (movie reality) than I was expecting . It's not better than Frailty or Fallen but reminded me of those movies.

I enjoyed the movie quite a bit. It delivered on everything that should have. The movie proved that this is the movie making role that is perfect for M. Night. He comes up with some pretty interesting ideas but its the execution that sucks.

The movie proved that this is the movie making role that is perfect for M. Night. He comes up with some pretty interesting ideas but its the execution that sucks.

I agree with that sentiment for he most part. He may be a better writer than director. Although out of his two best movies, Signs and Sixth Sense, I thought they were very well executed. I remember seeing Signs with a packed crowd and the audience was screaming and jumping like a bunch of little girls. lol. It was funny seeing a wave of heads pop up when there was a scare.

Since I have no interest in this movie at all anymore, can someone PLEASE PM all the spoilers.

hahaha! Now that's the funniest thing I have read all day.

Yeah he was a pretty good director. Look at Unbreakable, that movie is shot so brilliantly. Even in today's movies you can see hints of his great directing like in TLA all the one shot takes duirng the action those all looked pretty amazing.

I ****ing love the really long take at the beginning of Unbreakable. The way he shot it from the kid's point of view through the gap between seats was brilliant. He really is masterful with the camera.

Saw this..In M. Knight fashion, some was predictable, some wasn't..some was well done and tense, some was cheesy.
I keep giving him a chance because he has moments of greatness, and others of :doh:

This was at least better some his last few movies, but quite forgetable.

One of the people I know that saw this doesn't believe that M. Night merely thought up the story. He said some dialog felt very M. Night Shyamalan-esque like one character singing along to the elevator music or one guy advertising beds or something after the **** starts going down.

I wouldn't be surprised if Shyamalan actually did write some of the script and the studio is trying to distance it from him by saying it was just the story. Especially post-The Last Airbender and it's dreadful reception.

That would be the best way for him to get back in the game. A lot of the illogical hate came from the Shyamalan name. People were just waiting to jump on him. He is like the Anti-Nolan. People are hating him just for the sake of hating him.

That would be the best way for him to get back in the game. A lot of the illogical hate came from the Shyamalan name. People were just waiting to jump on him. He is like the Anti-Nolan. People are hating him just for the sake of hating him.

That's because he started off great with Unbreakable, the Sixth Sense, and Signs and then suddenly went to ****. He deserves the crap he gets.

That said, I'll be checking out this film tonight. Hope it's good.

Ain't the one dude in this married to Christina Hendricks?

That's because he started off great with Unbreakable, the Sixth Sense, and Signs and then suddenly went to ****. He deserves the crap he gets.

Totally agree.

It's so hard for me to believe the guy who made The Happening and Lady in the Water is the same guy who made The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable.

Agreed,though I did kindof like 'The Village' somewhat though it was pretty predictable and I really despised 'The Lady of the Lake' thought it just did'nt do anything for me. I think I saw it just for the fact of the one chick from the village was in it.

Ain't the one dude in this married to Christina Hendricks?

cinemasocietyhostsscree.jpg

This picture just screams "YO TERRY78, U MAD?".

That is an opinion. Not fact.

Of course it's an opinion. And it's the majority of people's opinion that his movies all suck now. Hence the backlash you complain so much about. People didn't just wake up one day and say "You know what? I'm not going to like M. Night Shyamalan anymore."

Some did just wake up & decide to hate him. There are a lot of sheep amongst the people that have legitimate complaints about Shams.

Considering he hasn't had any major flops aside from Lady and the Water yet still has tons of negative backlash on all his recent films, I think it's safer to say the amount of sheeple is very small compared to the people that saw his films and were like "What the **** is this ****?"

Not to mention most people I know go see his films to give him another chance. I think The Last Airbender was the breaking point for them. There's only so much frustration a former fan can take. And if Shyamalan was just a flat out bad director then no one would care. He would just be another bad director and no one would pay attention or laugh at his name. It's just that he used to be good and he probably could be good but he's still turning out turds and people are sick of waiting for him to offer up quality again. Not to mention his massive ego makes it hard to feel sorry for him. He probably really thinks his films are genius and that we all just don't get it.

Show me proof of this massive ego. I have not seen one thing that shows me a massive ego.

M Night is insane now. After the last airbender... he will never recover as a director/producer/writer. If Devil is pretty good, it's because the guys who did quarantine directed it... and he got another writer... it was just M Nights idea... which wasn't that great of idea if you ask me. Of course, I haven't seen this movie, so I can't say. But from what I've "read" it sounds pretty... meh.

He has a massive ego... that's why I think he lost his mind... he snapped after people stopped liking his movies... he even tells stories about him getting mad at people for saying they liked some of his movies but not others... he walks away angry.
Trust me, I own his four first movies, all very good in my opinion. Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs, and Village, but after that he lost it. Lady in the Water came out, and most people hated it, then he did happening... then the last airbender... kept getting worse and worse. I've listened to the commentaries of his first four movies... and watched many interviews with him because I was a fan. Everyone knows the guy is into himself, that wasn't even the issue, the issue is when it started effecting his movies. His latest, the last airbender, doesn't even make any sense. the entire movie is just trash. the writing, directing, acting... the sets were kinda cool... but everything else was just garbage. Plus, being a fan of the animated series, he wasn't even trying to be true to the source material. So he has no excuse what so ever for making one of the worst movies I've seen in years.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"