Fast 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Fate of the Furious' beef: Dwayne Johnson, Vin Diesel kept apart on press tour http://thr.cm/tTsPQO

Last August, Universal insisted that The Fate of the Furious stars Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Vin Diesel had buried the hatchet after feuding on the set of the eighth film in the Fast and Furious franchise. Fast forward eight months, and the bad blood continues.
Sources say the two tough-guy actors are being kept from one another as the Fast team continues its press tour in the run-up to the F. Gary Gray-helmed film hitting theaters on April 14.
"They're keeping them separated as much as possible," says an insider.

That sequestering will be most obvious today when Universal brings footage of the film to CinemaCon in Las Vegas, where Diesel, Charlize Theron and the rest of the cast will be on hand to promote the eighth installment in the $4 billion franchise.

That is minus Johnson, who is already back on the set of Ballers in Miami. But just 12 hours earlier, Johnson was in Las Vegas, participating in Paramount's Baywatch presentation at CinemaCon. And on Monday night, he introduced Sony's Jumanji at the high-profile exhibition showcase.
Universal downplayed any simmering tensions and said the two actors simply have been on different continents throughout the tour. But sources say that the CinemaCon scheduling could have been easily accommodated.

The beef dates back to the waning days of the 100-day Atlanta shoot when the frequently tardy Diesel arrived late for his final scene with Johnson, prompting Johnson to vent about his co-star on Facebook, where he wrote cryptically: "My female co-stars are always amazing, and I love 'em. My male co-stars however are a different story," adding that "some" are "chicken ****" and "candy asses." That led to a heated exchange between Diesel and Johnson in the latter's trailer. Diesel was publicly fingered as the source of Johnson's social media outburst, and the studio was left doing damage control for over two key players in its mega-franchise. Diesel is the indispensable part of the franchise, having been with the franchise since its first outing in 2001 (two more installments are already in the works). But Johnson is arguably the bigger star, having solidified his status as one of Hollywood's biggest box-office draws.
At the time, a studio source said, "What happened is over, and no one expects there to be any lingering effects. When it comes time to promote the movie, this will have no bearing."
But outside of the film's trailer launch in Times Square in December, the two have kept their distance (both are contractually obligated to appear at the upcoming New York premiere on April 8). Still, there's little chance the bad blood will have any negative effect on the film. If anything, it bolsters the film's narrative of the two adversaries unwilling to back down.

If it's true that Diesel is consistently late, I can understand Johnson's frustrations.

They're playing it up for the press. It's straight out of the pro wrestling handbook.

The Universal panal at Cinemacon are also going to be screening Fast 8

They're playing it up for the press. It's straight out of the pro wrestling handbook.

It's such a minor thing, though. I doubt random people on the street care about this "beef", they just want to see the movie.

17630057_10155177544966617_5047092651809055662_n.jpg

Did I actually just see a submarine breach ice and fire a torpedo at the same time? Did I also just see that torpedo scooting across ice...bearing in on its target? And finally, did I actually see the Rock redirect the torpedo with his hands?

'Fate of the Furious' to Kick-Start New Trilogy in Franchise, Vin Diesel Says

A ninth and tenth installment have also already been announced.

"As the world sees this movie, they'll see how its the beginning of a new trilogy," Diesel said, adding that certain characters were brought in for this new trilogy.

The late star Paul Walker, who died in a car crash before the seventh film was released, was on the mind of Diesel as he took the stage. "Part of Paul's legacy lives through every frame that we shoot," Diesel said. "There's something beautiful about that."

It is. Now the only way you can see them together is to go watch the film. SMH. Brilliant.

If there is any truth to this "beef" I just want to know what the hell it is. The Rock seems like the kinda guy who could get along with anyone, so I wonder what Vin did to piss him off so royally. But yeah, it's probably just some pro-wrestling fake public hate BS that they are playing up because Dom has "gone bad."

The FF movies are such an anomaly...I mean i love the recent ones...but the first few were not that great...

Jeff Sneider‏ @TheInSneider 29m29 minutes ago
THE FATE OF THE FURIOUS features some great action set pieces but I think I may be too old for this franchise, which just isn't the same now

No matter how crazy it gets, Fast Five is still the best movie of the franchise.

Agreed, Fast Five is amazing. The only issue I have with it is that Letty is absent due to the whole fake death thing. She's one of the best parts of the series and it's a shame she doesn't appear in the franchise's best installment. That other semi-love interest that Dom has is gorgeous but she doesn't have half of Letty's personality.

And then the whole amnesia thing they did with her in later films was f***ing stupid.

No matter how crazy it gets, Fast Five is still the best movie of the franchise.

Agreed, Fast Five is amazing. The only issue I have with it is that Letty is absent due to the whole fake death thing. She's one of the best parts of the series and it's a shame she doesn't appear in the franchise's best installment. That other semi-love interest that Dom has is gorgeous but she doesn't have half of Letty's personality.

And then the whole amnesia thing they did with her in later films was f***ing stupid.
Talked to someone who saw it recently and they said this (F8) is now their favorite FF movie. Even with all the ridiculous stuff in it.
F. Gary Gray elevates the franchise with this one. Just a notch above Fast Five.

I like them all, I'm just here for a good time.

I wonder who will appear in sequels? They're obviously planning them. Tom hardy has to do at least one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"