• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

For female forumers...

Silverstein

Superhero
Reaction score
I have questions for a sociology class. Just thought I could get some of my research done here. Try to answer honestly.

Do you have male friends?

Is it weird for you hanging out with a group of all male friends?

Do you have female friends?

Do you more often hang out with girls or guys?

Is it weird for you being alone with males(like as in one guy), even if they are friends?

Would you allow boys into your dorm room or any "private areas" such as a bedroom? And under what circumstance (like "only if it's my boyfriend")?

What makes you feel misunderstood?

Do you find happiness in simplistic or in complicated situations of relation (as in friends not sex)?

Define a "good friend", in your own words:

Define an "acquaintance", in your own words:

Define a "creep" or "cretin", in your own words:

I have questions for a sociology class. Just thought I could get some of my research done here. Try to answer honestly.

yes

Weird as in its not often then yes. Weird as in uncomfortable no.

yes

mostly girls

Is it weird for you being alone with males(like as in one guy), even if they are friends?
no

Would you allow boys into your dorm room or any "private areas" such as a bedroom? And under what circumstance (like "only if it's my boyfriend")?
If I trusted them then sure

lack of effective verbal self expression.

Do you find happiness in simplistic or in complicated situations of relation (as in friends not sex)?
simplicity is always best

Someone who is a regular presence in my life. Someone who makes an effort to stay close.

someone I've met but never really interacted with.

A creep is someone who won't take no for an answer nor has the IQ to take the hint I want them gone. Don't expect Miriam-Webster to say the same though.

Almost exclusively

Not at all

Almost none

Guys

Nope

Oh sure, why not

Um, I dunno

The simpler the better

No judgment, no expectations, no demands.

Someone you don't tend to think about when they are gone

Half the people on this forum

Ah thanks, guys...er...gals. Hopefully I don't fall into that half, Dew K. :p

Yes.

Not at all.

Definitely do.

I'd say, equally.

Not weird at all. I see them as 'people' rather than male or female.

No. They can come in very briefly, only to look and then they have to get the hell out. I don't like anyone in my 'private areas', unless I am intimate with that person.

When I am being confusing?

I find happiness in the way I choose to view things... be it in simplistic or complicated situations.

A good friend is someone who loves and accepts me for who I am, warts and all. A good friend is someone I can count on in any situation and who feels the same way about me. A good friend is someone I can trust and love unconditionally.

An 'acquaintance' is someone I hang out with but not confide in. Someone whose company I enjoy but someone whom I don't trust enough to let that person know much there is to know about me.

Someone who makes me comfortable and someone I'd rather stay away from.

Yeah

Nope

Yeah

Girls

Nope

Yeah only if its my boyfriend :p

I don't know :huh:

Uhh..Simple? :huh:

Someone who always got your back and always there for you.

Someone you talk to but not on a daily basis.

Guys who are like super obsessed with someone to the point of stalking and stuff.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

Guys.

No.

Yes, when I sold my house I stayed with a male friend. I slept on a mattress in his bedroom. Not an issue we had been friends since HS, we're both in our 30s. His girlfriend had a rough time with it but she adjusted.

About?

I try to keep things simple. Okay I may have done the friends with benefits thing, but damn dude was hot. If you saw him you'd totally high five me.

Damn, well let's see. Someone who I can joke around with and talk with easily. Someone I can trust, treats me with respect and can keep their word.

Someone that I keep in contact with but I'm not close with, a casual friend.

Well, I'm all about personal space and if you're not invited into it things can get really uncomfortable pretty quickly, especially if malice is intended on their part.

Thanks again for the contributions. It is really helpful, so I'm not just saying thank you out of courtesy but from actual "oh ****, now it's not going to be as hard to do this assignment"-ness. So thank you for taking the time to help me with this.

YES

YES, I don't hang out with all male friends, there's always another female in the mix.

YES

In real life, I hang out with couples more often than just male or female

Yes, it is quite strange nowadays since I am married. I usually don't hang out with just males anymore.

Would you allow boys into your dorm room or any "private areas" such as a bedroom? And under what circumstance (like "only if it's my boyfriend")? Nope, the only guy I allow in my bedroom is my husband (oh and my kids, which are both boys).

I'm not sure how to answer this question.......

simplistic.....

someone I can share my true feelings with and know I'm not going to be made fun of/or judged for

Someone I can shoot the breeze with and talk about lighthearted things, but not really the serious stuff in life.

hmmm, a creep is male who has NO respect for women and treats them like things as opposed to people.

Yes I do.

Nah, 'coz their all cool. :)

Yeah.

Yeah, unfortunately I do.

It depends if I know the guy or not.
Infact it is kind of weird, I do have male company regularly but I'm more
used to females being around be because I go to an all girls school.

Would you allow boys into your dorm room or any "private areas" such as a bedroom? And under what circumstance (like "only if it's my boyfriend")?:
Yeah I would if their a really good friend. And if its a boyfriend then yeah, I deff would.

What makes you feel misunderstood?:
When peole go to conclusions and assume I done this or said that without even getting my part of the story. Or when people judge me before even knowing me. Like oh, shes rude I can tell, or, I dont like her. get to know me first before you make assumptions.

Do you find happiness in simplistic or in complicated situations of relation (as in friends not sex)?:
Yeah, I find happiness in both.

Define a "good friend", in your own words::
Someone who will always look out for me and be there for me, smeone who doesnt have two faces and doesnt talk about me behind my back. (There are only a few people in my life I can call a good friend. The rest I wouldnt even say tight or even call them my 'circle' cus they are b****)

Define an "acquaintance", in your own words::
Someone I can hang around with but not a close friend.

A guy is who is just annoying and weird. The things they say get on my damn nerves! And they behave...creepy. Lol.

Hope this helped! :)

Yes, but only a few.

No.

Yup.

Girls.

No, since I feel pretty comfortable living with 4 guys, even if they annoy me at times. :oldrazz:

Don't care either way. The guys I live with would probably be more :o at seeing some of the girly things I leave around.

I feel I don't give off a good first impression, and that people assume that I'm weird.

Simple, simple, simple. Drama just takes too much effort to sort out.

Anyone you don't mind helping out without any reward/payment, or someone you wouldn't mind asking for help. (Since I feel guilty asking people for help, this is a big step for me, LOL.)

Someone you chat with once in a while, but would uncomfortable in asking for help.

Someone who doesn't know social boundaries and constantly oversteps them. Although I'm not sure what the real definition of "cretin" is. :oldrazz:

Sweet, At this point I may have just enough answers to complete my homework, but if anyone would like to, it'd be great if you'd continue posting answers to the questions. It's really interesting to see the social situations and how relationships of an intimate and platonic state change depending on the individual.

Thanks again to everyone for their answers and helping. :)

Yes, many many of them

That's how it was about a month ago, but now I suppose I know more guys with girlfriends.

Yes, fewer.

I prefer hanging out with guys, but two of three of my best friends are girls, so I see at least one of them more often then any other people, so, Girls.

Is it weird for you being alone with males(like as in one guy), even if they are friends? No, I love it as long as they're not awkward about it and we're really good friends. I'm the same way with girls.

Would you allow boys into your dorm room or any "private areas" such as a bedroom? And under what circumstance (like "only if it's my boyfriend")? They have to be really good friends. I don't invite people back to my house unless I've known them for a long time. No reason really, I just still live at home and I figure they'll be bored.

Um... I'm not really sure I understand how to answer this one correctly. I guess my schizophrenia gets in the way most of the times and people are either weirded out by me or scared away. It makes me a little socially awkward. I also like to make really dirty jokes, and girls don't seems to like that.

I prefer to have close simplistic relationships. Apparently the later doesn't work out well. I fell in love with my best friend (that I was sleeping with) and it turned out he fell in love with my best friend, so... Yeah. I'm going to try and stick with simple from now on.

Someone easy to talk to that you could sit in a room and just watch TV and not worry if the other person is bored, because they would have said something. Someone I can trust completely and who I know will be there for me in a pinch. I can go to them when I'm crying and confess all my sins and they would never judge me and continue to hold me until I finish sobbing.

Someone you know, but you never really talk to or have only met a few times.

That guy that likes you but doesn't even know you, so he's playing with your hair and putting his arm around you the second time he meets you. The guy that stares at you and you just know what he's thinking. He touches you way too often and isn't one of your friends. He's completely socially awkward and the guy you'd probably think was a rapist upon meeting him.

I hope that helps... At all :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"