'Hunters’ (Amazon)

this show was pretty good, not great, until the last episode...and then it says f*** you right in your face.
thanks for wasting my time

Just thought about one thing:
Jonah was 19 in 1977 - so his mother was pregnant with him in 1957.
Ruth was pregnant with his mother in January 1945.
This results in Jonah‘s mother giving birth at the age of 13 and being pregnant at the age of 12???!!!

Just thought about one thing:
Jonah was 19 in 1977 - so his mother was pregnant with him in 1957.
Ruth was pregnant with his mother in January 1945.
This results in Jonah‘s mother giving birth at the age of 13 and being pregnant at the age of 12???!!!

its common around the world for girls to give berth at that age

what's more believable that or the big reveal ?

it‘s not unnatural but unusual to give birth at 13. I don‘t suspect a big reveal...more lazy writing

Hebrew guy here.

This show was a mess. It was too long, laid the pandering on thick, and suffered tremendously from inconsistent tone. It didn't know whether it wanted to be a comedy, Schindler's List, or Inglorious Basterds.

As for the Hunters themselves, most of them were uninteresting as were their reasons for being in the group to begin with. I lost interest in Jonah's character a mere handful of episodes into the thing.

Watched this over the weekend.
It's not terrible, but I am not a fan. Unless there are some major changes to season 2 I probably won't watch.

There isn't much good to this other than the premise/idea.
None of the character really jumped out at me. Logan Lerman...I don't know what happened but he was really bad in this. His acting and the way the character was written. Al Pacino was ok, but I could barely understand what he's saying. None of the main characters were likable or interesting. The only character I liked was Josh Radnor, but he felt like he was in a completely different show than everyone else.
Which brings me to the tonal issues. The tone for this was an absolute mess. Was it a serious show, was it a pulpy show? Was it a schlocky over the top B movie nonsense type thing? I don't know and neither did the show. Weird dance numbers and game show sequences. People kept comparing it to Tarantino but I didn't see it at all.
Even the Nazi hunting wasn't that cool to me.

And the twists were pretty bad

I kinda predicted the Al Pacino one. Not completely, but I just had a feeling that Pacino wouldn't stick around for multiple seasons of a TV show.

The Hitler one...personally I don't think that was actually Hitler, but an older Hitler clone was just dumb and out of nowhere.

Just finished. Spent the whole season going back and forth between thinking it was actually kinda good or just entertaining trash, and when the final twist came along, I landed on the latter, lol. Overall quite a mess, imo.

Also, I love comics/superheroes as much as the next girl, but good god, they went more than a little overboard with the superhero comparisons/references.

Binged this recently, and beside really not liking Jonah as a character all that much, I was really digging it, especially some of the supporting actors like Carol Kane and Saul Rubinek. Then the final episode hit. Look, I know that with a show like this I'm going to have to let some far-fetched stuff slide by, but this twist was just completely unbelievable and pulled me out completely(not the one at the very end since I suspected who the General was from the beginning). Considering who the Hunters consist of now, I'm not too excited about a second season.

Binged this recently, and beside really not liking Jonah as a character all that much, I was really digging it, especially some of the supporting actors like Carol Kane and Saul Rubinek. Then the final episode hit. Look, I know that with a show like this I'm going to have to let some far-fetched stuff slide by, but this twist was just completely unbelievable and pulled me out completely(not the one at the very end since I suspected who the General was from the beginning). Considering who the Hunters consist of now, I'm not too excited about a second season.
What happened to Logan Lerman man...

And what do you mean by the twist involving the general?

What happened to Logan Lerman man...

And what do you mean by the twist involving the general?

That the General was Eva Braun, Hitler's mistress. And if she survived, it was likely Hitler did too.

That the General was Eva Braun, Hitler's mistress. And if she survived, it was likely Hitler did too.
Oh I forgot
that she was "The General." I barely remember the show so I got confused.

I'm glad, but I really hope they improve on it,The show at times felt all over the place with what it wanted to be.

I hope this won’t have the same issues like the first season.
Looking back, I was reallly entertained at times…but the ending with Meyer Offernan being the Wolf sucks hard

finished it.
well…some of it was very good…some of it was very bad.

The episode with the house in sweden was very outstanding. I bet Jordan Peele had very much influence on this. Also the openings of episode 1 (van Gluthen Tag) & 2 (Sound of Music) of season 2.

But the overall tone of comicbook and Tarrantino-movies doesn’t fit with the the very dramatic final episode.
This was already the problem of season 1

And: the german language was really really bad. Even from the german actor (Udo Kier)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"