'Jack Reacher' series in development for Amazon

I haven't caught up with season 2 yet but even in season 1 he did things no normal human could do. Not even one as buffed and presumably strong as he is.

I haven't caught up with season 2 yet but even in season 1 he did things no normal human could do. Not even one as buffed and presumably strong as he is.

Yup, wait until you see what he does later this season. Plus, this show is very much a based male power fantasy. I'm not really checking in for hard gritty realism, though I do enjoy all the analytical detective work scenes. The show is entertaining, and I enjoy Alan Ritchson's performance as Reacher along with his unique charisma.

Also, I like the other 110th members being part of the cast this season.

I was gonna watch the new seasons but for some reason it says episode 1 of season 2 is not available has anybody has had this issue?

Yup, wait until you see what he does later this season. Plus, this show is very much a based male power fantasy. I'm not really checking in for hard gritty realism, though I do enjoy all the analytical detective work scenes. The show is entertaining, and I enjoy Alan Ritchson's performance as Reacher along with his unique charisma.

Also, I like the other 110th members being part of the cast this season.

Yeah Reacher is basically like if Sherlock Holmes was a T-800. Not only does he do things no human could do, but he also would be thrown in prison for life for the crap he does on this show. You just have to kind of roll with it and throw reality out the window. It’s better that way.

This season has been great so far. Loved that cameo in episode 4 too; good to see him show up.

I enjoyed seeing Malcolm Goodwin again as Oscar Finlay. Frankly, if they ever wanted to do a spinoff series about Finlay, IMHO, he'd be a good character to build a show around. Make it like the Boston version of Bosch.

IMHO the weakness of this season, while I do enjoy it, is that we already know who the villains and all the bad guys are. We are simply waiting for Reacher and his team to figure everything out and put all the pieces together. I mean it was kind of like that in the first season with the Kliners, but they still had a couple of good twists along the way. So there isn't much suspense or mystery because we already know who the ones behind everything are. Reacher and the 110th simply have to play catch up.

That said, I do enjoy seeing Reacher back with his old army buddies again. Different vibe from the first season. And it makes each season feel like its own movie in the same franchise.

Yeah, I’m hoping that there are some twists along the way but so far it’s playing out like a superhero movie in that you already know who the villains are. The only question now is whether Reacher’s former comrade is in on it or not. But the way they’ve set that up, neither outcome would be a surprise.

That said, I’m still having a lot of fun with this season. It was also cool how they alluded to the events of the One Shot (first Tom Cruise Reacher movie) happening in between seasons one and two. Good to know we likely won’t be retreading familiar territory.

I think in Season 1 we didn't find out who killed Joe until the very end, while this season, about midway through we see who killed Calvin Franz. Was that one in Ep. 4 or 3? Somewhere around then.

I don't think it would, but Reacher is highly unrealistic. He is basically a comic book superhero. He's like Batman, Captain America, and The Punisher without the tights.
Lol I "said" it on another forum recently. They've made him basically superhuman (dude crushed a cellphone in his hand like it was a graham cracker), but then turn around and show him having trouble in one on one fights with guys half his size. :tearsofjoy:

After last night's episode I definitely think Domenick Lombardozzi is the highlight of this season so far for me. Such a great character actor and I really love the 80's/90's buddy cop banter between him and Reacher lol.

The action sequences in this show are so well done IMO.

It just occurred to me today, they are having a mini Breakout Kings reunion on Reacher this season. The actors playing Finley, Dixon, and the NY Cop all were cast members on that show.

Can I just say: this show is absolute fire. Alan Ritchson is great. It’s amazing that he can bring such humanity to such a stoic character

Loved that scene with Neagley and Russo at the end. The show only lightly touches on it but Neagley has haphephobia (fear of being touched). It was cool seeing her push past that to provide comfort to Russo in that moment.

when that one hitman guy going after the exec's daughter got taken out I was like oh hell yeah I love how brutal the team is towards the bad guys.

Serinda Swan is still a smoke show. I wish Graceland wasn't canceled. She was great in that series too.
I recently binge-watched Graceland, and I'm in agreement. She was definitely a highlight of that show. I always thought she was an inspired casting as Medusa in Inhumans as well. Unfortunately, the show totally let her and Anson Mount down.

Other overly repeated phrases this season:

"In an investigation, details matter."

"You do not mess with the special investigators."

Episode 6 was really good:

I was sad to see Russo go. Confronting his boss was a dumb move. It made him a prime target. Still, he went out on a heroic note, protecting Marlo Burns' daughter. Also, Neagley, who is haphephobic, holding his hand while he bleeds out was powerful. Good moment for the show. I appreciated Neagley comforting Russo and letting him go out knowing the girl was safe.

Yeah, this show is a male fantasy but the character moments are so good that it sets it apart from similar action hero stuff. I love Neagley having a bigger role and I hope that she, Dixon and O’Donnell come back in future seasons. I also hope they find a way to bring Willa Fitzgerald back for an episode at some point; she was great in this and if you haven’t seen her in The Fall of the House of Usher, you definitely need to.

I feel like if they gave anyone from this show spinoffs, it would be either Neagley or Finlay. Neagley seems like the best option for a spinoff or appearing in another season since she's a private investigator and the most reliable person to help Reacher when he's in need of assistance for whatever. I imagine Neagley is a big reason the producers opted for Bad Luck and Trouble for Season 2 when it's like the 10th book in the Jack Reacher saga.

What's somewhat ironic, the stuff Jack Reacher does on a regular basis in this show is the type of material that made 24 controversial ye olde days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"