Jake Gyllenhaal, Denis Villeneuve And Lisa Joy And Jonathan Nolan Team On ‘The Son' (HBO)

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
Jake Gyllenhaal, Denis Villeneuve And Lisa Joy And Jonathan Nolan Team On HBO Limited Series ‘The Son’

BREAKING: HBO has given a series order to an adaptation of the Jo Nesbo novel The Son with Jake Gyllenhaal on board to star and his Prisoners director Denis Villeneuve on board to direct. Gyllenhaal and Villeneuve will also exec produced the limited series with Gyllenhaal producing through his Nine Stories’ banner along with his partner Riva Marker. Kilter Films’ Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy will join as exec producers along with Kilter Films Athena Wickham. Lenore Zion is set as showrunner and will also executive produce.

The series is based on from the #1 New York Times bestselling novel which is described as a tale of vengeance set amid Oslo’s brutal hierarchy of corruption. The story follows Sonny Lofthus, an escaped convict: an opioid addict who can’t recall his past, on the run from the law toward an unknown truth.

Disappointed this won't be a movie, but I think a series is for the best. I'm just glad it's still coming together with Gyllenhaal and Denis. I know Jake was hopeful they'd still get this one done.

I'm extremely disappointed. I thought it would be the perfect project for him to return to a smaller scale thriller and work with Jake again, and I would have loved to see him do TV for a change, especially for HBO.

Damn was looking forward it that, but from what I understand he wants to take a break after Dune 2, then film 'Rendezvous With Rama' before working on Dune 3 again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"