My artwork...mainly sketches.

Sugarculted

Sidekick
Reaction score
Just thought I'd post some of the sketches I do in my spare time. I normally can't stand my work, and my room is full of screwed up paper balls.

Can't say I've got any talent, and I believe I need to breakthrough this wall that's preventing me from drawing nicely...nonetheless, others say it isn't bad. So, here we are...any critisism is welcomed.

gsvzsrhgsezrhcopydb6.gif

bcuy1.jpg

I would say your faces need a little bit of work...the bottom sketch is fine (although I think you should put a line somewhere in the mouth to show 2 lips and not 1 mass)....as for the top one, I'd put some thicker eyelashes on the girl, define her nose just a little more and detail her hair some more...then again, I believe the way you have it drawn is geared more towards animation than comic book, so if that's your intent, then good job, but if not, my suggestions may be of some use to you.

Thanks for the thoughts. The animation styled drawings were more of me trying a different direction then how I normally drawed anyway.

Here's another, it's pretty old, but it's a fave of mine.

blackcatbysugarcult999wv3.jpg

Here we are; Sawyer from Lost. A five min sketch. Not bad, but nothing too great.

sawyerbysugarcult999yx4.jpg

His eyes look too cat-like and he's got no scruff at all.

Your style reminds me alot of Psycho. He doesn't seem to post here anymore though.

Good stuff. :up:

Here's two more, a quick Gobby sketch...I kinda realised I did terribly on the nose. The other is under spoiler tags, due to it being rather large. It's a sketch I did of Van Gogh's skull with a cigarette.

ggbysugarcult999vt5.jpg

skullwithacigarettebysugx4.jpg

Comments welcome :oldrazz:

angelwomanbysugarcult99ng1.jpg

Just another quick one, with a fine liner pen.

ArtistChick - Thanks, I do get a lot of people on my course saying I have a unique style of drawing. I still don't think it's great, but they like it and can easily recognise my stuff.

Well, I don't do life drawing anymore...which kinda sucks. This year I took a completely different route, went the multimedia way. Did this last year, which was showcased with my work. Looks better in person but anyways...here we go.

Ignore the blue/orange nonsense at the bottom :o

bestlifemodelbysugarculpk0.jpg

Thanks PunisherBorn, it is a definite fave of mine. If I can get my camera working, I'll photograph some more of my life drawings :up:

Unfortunately, most of my work is getting marked and hasn't been returned to me. Due to other students not getting their's done in time, so I have a lack of new drawings. Which is rather annoying.

zombifiedbysugarcult999hb1.jpg

battleroyaleguyumbysugaag7.jpg

So, here's a few more images that have taken me too long to scan. I should really get into practicing more over this summer. Here are a few drawings which were recently done.

file0001ia4.gif

file0002kz1.gif

tmp6039xd3.jpg

I drew this a few months ago for someone, it's like a trophy wall,since the Hulk left the Avengers,He can beat'em all up. Let me know what you think.It's all pencil.
ShuleyHulk.jpg

I drew this a few months ago for someone, it's like a trophy wall,since the Hulk left the Avengers,He can beat'em all up. Let me know what you think.It's all pencil.
scan0001.jpg

Can't seem to see the image. See if you can post it again somehow.

Fixed it. I posted the better scan. re-edited post.

Looks very nice, you've got some good knowledge of where the muscles should go.

Pretty impressive. You got a thread yet? If not, do so.

not only is your art great, your name reminded me of an awesome band i'd forgotten about :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"