• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shyamalan's "Split" (James McAvoy)

I haven't seen Lady in the Water either, but your description probably makes more sense than the actual film.

Paul Giamatti with an unbutton blue polo, while trying to rescue Jessica Chastain from a black wolf and she knows the future. M.Night has his own storyline in the movie, he will become a great writer, but will be killed by a lesbian named Chloe. All this will happen to him before his sister's fourth child. In the film's narrative she ain't married yet etc. Ok, so he has to gather these five fat sistahs to do some sort of magical chant in order for this goddamn eagle to swoop in and take Chastain away to safety somewhere unknown. The asian folks in the movie have legends that turn out to be some true real ****. This other mexican bro is the muscle and he can freeze the wolf with his eyes. After all this **** happens, we see GIamatti being more happy and confident with himself and he may or may not run into anothah redheaded sexy woman. The End.

:pcg:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipObSiFHpyY

Looks like Phoenix is out and McAvoy is in:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/james-mcavoy-talks-star-untitled-828529?

James McAvoy is in negotiations to star in M. Night Shyamalan’s latest supernatural thriller, an untitled project being produced by genre-loving Jason Blum.

The X-Men actor is stepping into the shoes that seemed initially earmarked for Joaquin Phoenix and would have marked a reunion between the filmmaker and one of the stars of his 2002 hit Signs.

Reasons for Phoenix’s exit were not revealed but sources said a deal was never made, with one source saying the process never got past the discussion stage.

Ugh. Leave it to Shyamalan to lure me in by casting bae....

tumblr_nuo95qmoXy1ufx7vgo2_500.png

:atp:

EH, we don't know that for sure. We can never be sure on anything Joaquin. The man does his own thing.

Not for sure but its' been more or less put out there the role Michael Shannon got was offered to Joaquin first. No disrespect to Shannon who's a very good actor but Joaquin in NA would've been just that bit more better.

Four more join James McAvoy in M. Night Shyamalan’s next thriller

Variety brings word that M. Night Shyamalan’s next feature, an untitled thriller being produced by Jason Blum, has added four lovely ladies to co-star with previously-announced headliner James McAvoy (X-Men: Days of Future Past): Anya Taylor Joy, Betty Buckley, Jessica Sula and Haley Lu Richardson. Joy and Buckley’s will be leading roles, while the other two actresses will co-star.

Shyamalan’s most recent film, The Visit, also produced by Blum, was made for just $5 million and to date has brought in over $83 million at the global box office. Previous reports on the upcoming feature, which is being tightly guarded, reveal that production is slated to begin in November in Shyamalan’s hometown of Philadelphia, the setting for most of his films.
Buckley previously portrayed a psychotic older woman in Shyamalan’s much-derided 2008 B-movie The Happening, though she is perhaps best known to horror fans as the sympathetic gym teacher Ms. Collins in Brian De Palma’s 1976 classic Carrie. Teen actress Joy (“Vampire Academy”) recently had a breakout role in the Sundance horror hit The Witch, which many are already calling as next year’s big The Babadook/It Follows-style crossover success. Sula, who co-starred in the original British TV version of “Skins,” will make her major feature debut, while Richardson had a recurring role on ABC Family’s “Pretty Little Liars” spin-off “Ravenswood.”

By Edward Douglas ON
October 27, 2015

M. Night Shyamalan’s Split is coming to theaters in January 2017

Filmmaker M. Night Shyamalan came back in a big way last month when his lowest budget film to date, The Visit, produced in conjunction with Blumhouse Productions, was released by Universal Pictures to gross $63.9 million domestic and another $25.4 million overseas.

It looks like Universal and Blumhouse are going to continue their relationship with Shyamalan, as they’ve announced the release date for his next movie, the suspense thriller Split, starring James McAvoy, for Friday, January 20, 2017
They are keeping the plot of the movie a secret, but it co-stars Anya Taylor Joy, Betty Buckley, Jessica Sula and Haley Lu Richardson, and Shyamalan and producer Jason Blum are working with much of the same team as The Visit.
So far, Split is the only movie scheduled for that date in 2017 and it’s one of the many “Untitled Blumhouse Productions” that’s been announced, this one presumably the one that was originally scheduled for January 27 of that year.

Mod, we'll have to change the title of the thread please.

I like what I see. It's an interesting premise and I haven't seen The Visit but I say that about every Shyamalan film since The Village. I appreciate Blum for working with him and seeing that there's a great filmmaker in there and by limiting him with a small budget it could perhaps force Shyamalan to just focus on the story and keep himself in check. The guy could have just needed a knock down in ego and this could be the way to fix that.

This looks incredible. If this is anything like The Visit, then he's officially "back" in my eyes.

First we got The McConaissance, now we're getting The Shyamalanaissance.

This does look very interesting indeed. Has my attention for sure.

This looks like it could be cool. At the very least an awesome acting reel of sorts for McAvoy playing many roles.

I'm getting serious Hitchcock vibes (particularly Psycho), which is what Shyalaman's whole style was pre-2010 before everything went haywire. (I'll defend Lady in the Water and The Happening.) Hitchcock vibes are never a bad thing. If he's your teacher/mentor, you're doing something right.

And I can see why Night wanted Jaoquin and was also lucky enough to get McAvoy. That role looks like it's no joke - you have to be a real actor to make that part look convincing or it'll be completely laughable. Good thing McAvoy is so great. :yay:

And judging by the trailer, people who say he's a bad writer are totally allowed to say it, but you can't say that dude doesn't know how to direct the hell out of a movie. Some of those shots are straight-up awesome.

Last edited:
The only Shyalaman film I didn't find entertaining was Avatar so I'm looking forward to this.

I didn't know of this film until today, but that trailer got my attention.

Yeah this looks fantastic. It makes sense now why Phoenix was originally attached to this. There doesn't seem to be any talent lost based on what I've seen from McAvoy's performance. He looks brilliantly creepy. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"