Shyamalan's "Split" (James McAvoy)

This was a solid movie. Plenty of flaws, but I managed to not be spoiled and dang if that ending didn't have me smiling. That score...

Finally got round to seeing this and loved it. McAvoy was incredible.

I think there's an obvious link between the death of Kevin's father in a train crash, and the major train crash in Unbreakable which eventually led to Dunn realising he had superpowers. In effect, the death of Kevin's father led to his emergence as a villain - indirectly - as it left him alone with his abusive mother. So there's a parallel of sorts there, where the train crash was the catalyst for both Dunn and Kevin. So they haven't explicitly stated that Kevin's father died in that crash, but I think it's too much of a coincidence for it not to be the case.

Also, Dunn had developed a kind of extra-sensory perception in Unbreakable where he could tell what crimes a person had committed when he touched them. They could play this in a crazy way - what's going to happen when he touches a man with 24 different personalities?

I just saw this. Loved it. McAvoy and Taylor-Joy were wonderful. And now I have a crush on her.

Knowing the twist before hand, really made what the psychologists was talking about really interesting.

8/10 mostly for McAvoy's skill as an actor. Way better than I thought it would be otherwise too. Pretty intrigued with where they take this franchise.

I freaking CHEERED as the credits rolled...like an idiot...didn't care about what a fool I looked like...I cheered, and currently feel like a little kid who just opened the Christmas present he wanted the most.

Good lord, this movie. I genuinely can't remember the last time I left a screening that pumped. I'm generally a reserved dude in theaters, but when it happened, the words "WHAT THE FUUUU---" just leapt out of me. Got some giggles in a packed house, but whatever, I will cherish that moment forever.

Good to see i wasn't the only one who Kirked Out in the theater. I was so hyped! My friend was completely confused by how elated I was.

I hope we see more of Casey because

I don't want to leave her knowing she's still with her uncle. Maybe David rescues her? Or she comes into her own?

Yesterday i watched Split. liked it very much.

noticed something:
Budget: $9 million
Domestic: $130,843,355
Foreign: $90,400,000
Worldwide:$221,243,355

AUDIENCE SCORE 81%

Ual5Vg9.gif

Just watched the film. I went in knowing NOTHING about it, and I'm so glad I did. I loved it and the twist was definitely an awesome surprise. James McAvoy was incredible; Oscar worthy.

I hope we see more of Casey because

I don't want to leave her knowing she's still with her uncle. Maybe David rescues her? Or she comes into her own?

I think M Night intended that
she revealed the truth to the cop. The way Casey refused to get out of the car when the cop said her uncle was there; the knowing/understanding look of the cop (the cop being female was no coincidence); and the cut to the statue of a lion...all points to Casey feeling empowered enough to free herself. So I think M Night laid it out that she got away, but chose not to show it to avoid giving the movie an actual happy ending.

Just saw this, had to after hearing about the [BLACKOUT]Unbreakable[/BLACKOUT] connection. I enjoyed it, McAvoy was great, as was Anya Taylor Joy who is just :hmr:. Way more excited for her role in NM now.

But yeah, the last 5 mins was incredible stuff, as soon as THAT music started playing, great stuff. 8/10.

It took me forever to finally watch this **** and I STILL have to wait a year to watch Glass. :argh:

Damn good stuff, though.

I think this might be M. Night's best movie. Unbreakable is great, Sixth Sense is great, but I just loved everything about this.

I still think Sixth Sense is his best. I liked the first half of this movie but couldn’t get on board with him becoming bulletproof just because he’s a different personality.

Unbreakable is still his best for me, but Split was a very good follow up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"