Star Wars Jedi: Survivor

PS4 is turning 11 neXt year.

I guess PS4 players are still in huge numbers and the additional sales from that group is still too important to be left out with these newer games.
I mean...maybe? After a certain point you have to stop catering to last-gen and people have to accept that if they want to play a certain game they need to upgrade. Again, if PS5s were still near impossible to come by it'd be a different story. They'd be better off releasing the PS4 version as digital only to reduce manufacturing costs.

I mean...maybe? After a certain point you have to stop catering to last-gen and people have to accept that if they want to play a certain game they need to upgrade. Again, if PS5s were still near impossible to come by it'd be a different story. They'd be better off releasing the PS4 version as digital only to reduce manufacturing costs.
Looks like Sony will stop bringing their newer games to ps4. However its these third party games.

Also ps4 discs/versions being compatible to ps5 is also a huge factor. Some are probably just fine buying a ps4 version since its playable anyway to ps5 when they finally upgrade. Its not the same as transitioning from ps3 to ps4.

Looks like Sony will stop bringing their newer games to ps4. However its these third party games.

Also ps4 discs/versions being compatible to ps5 is also a huge factor. Some are probably just fine buying a ps4 version since its playable anyway to ps5 when they finally upgrade. Its not the same as transitioning from ps3 to ps4.
True, but if they don't end up selling as many disc copies they would lose a lot of money on manufacturing. The whole thing just seems like a step backwards.

True, but if they don't end up selling as many disc copies they would lose a lot of money on manufacturing. The whole thing just seems like a step backwards.
I think its fine. From what I witnessed, disc version always cut their prices in time and so far, that hasn't been an issue. And they probably only manufacture a lot more copies, if they are still selling. Star Wars is a popular brand so these ps4 discs will sell just fine.

Another eXample is, I looked for disc version of The Last Guardian for years, until I randomly saw in the stores this year. There must be a reason why older (less popular) games are still being released in disc.

I’m a little late to the party but I finally played Jedi Survivor and I absolutely loved it! This game took everything that was already good from the first game and made it even better. Liked the inclusion of fast travel and new stances & Force powers.

The story was good but I felt it was shorter compared to Fallen Order. But the massive amount of side quests make up for that.

I think it was kind of a good thing I started playing months after it released because I did hear it had its issues at launch. Luckily, it ran smoothly for me on the PS5. Looking forward to the next game!

One trophy away from completion, and this game was a lot of fun. It builds on the strengths of the first and largely improves the formula. The stories are really solid here. Nothing revolutionary, but they fit neatly into the universe and put a lot of effort into character work. Cal and his friends are really likable, and I care about what happens to them.

Survivor is not perfect though. Just like the game before, it's pretty damn janky. Performance was pretty shoddy on PS5, lots of visual and gamplay bugs. Nothing game breaking but plenty distracting. It's a shame and undermines an overall good looking game. God-damn instakill attacks with borked hitboxes were not fun, so a couple of the more extreme beasts were just misery. I'm currently hoovering up collectables and the map sucks, not listing items even after 100% exploration and unlocking the map upgrades. Not the best way to close out my time with the game unfortunately. Finally, while I liked the new stances, it's dumb you could only 'equip' 2 and had to return to a spawn point to change them. That needs to change for a sequel. Do what Ghost of Tsushima did and the combat is immediately more fun.

Looking forward to a sequel, or even DLC. One more planet. Moar

A dad trying to do right by his daughter makes for such a compelling villain, only thing that I'd prefer is if he didn't use a red lightsaber - keep it between former Jedi with differing viewpoints, no need to go formal Dark Side with him...

An interesting thing to note is that Bode isn't using his own lightsaber. He pinched Dagan's after you defeated him, so it's red out of convenience and not alignment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"