Thanksgiving and Pride

Silverstein

Superhero
Reaction score
I wanted to do something a little bit different. To tie a few holidays together so we can unify as opposed to divide. Tell us what cultures you have in your blood and what you're thankful for/proud of.

No racism and answer seriously.

I have African, Scottish/Israeli, Chinese, Cherokee and Italian in me. Cherokee doesn't really count, isn't everyone part Native American? I have not met anyone that wasn't Cherokee or something like that.

African- I'm thankful and proud of this loss of "hood" and "urban" aura that has been surrounding the African-American culture. On a global scale, I'm proud and thankful for the development of African culture throughout the world. Things are beginning to work out better.

Scottish- I'm thankful for being apart of one of the oldest of western European cultures. There might be a castle somewhere that my ancestors used to own. Though a lot of research hints towards some kind of Israeli or jewish past. I am equally thankful for this as well.

Chinese- Asian culture has always been a huge part of my life, I'm thankful for all of the advances, distribution, commerce and economic build that asia has lent to the rest of the world. All thanks to China. Even Japan, my favorite country owes China a debt of gratitude, despite their racism and mockery of us.

Italian- My sister has hazel eyes because of our heritage, I've always been jealous because my eyes are so brown that they are black. We used to have straight hair when we were kids, it has begun to frizz up a lot now. So much so that no one believes us, only my mom's pictures shut everyone up. I am thankful to have such an interesting biology going here.

I'm 3rd generation Irish.

Thanks for Guinness and Irish Whiskey. May you grant me safe passage through the holiday season and into the new year with a stout hangover to start the year off well.

My Grandfather on my Father's side was Irish, and my Grandfather on my Mother's side is Indian.

I'm thankful they both were successful in getting on their designated boats.

I'm pretty much a full Puerto Rican with some Spaniard thrown in down the line as well. Hmm, what am I thankful about when it comes to this? Uhh, I'm thankful that I have some cool Spanish culture in me I guess. Eh, that's about it I guess.

49% Human
49% Klingon
2% Albino Polar Bear

I am thankful that four states voted to deny me civil rights earlier this month :up:

Wait...

at this moment (and most of the time, anyways) I feel thankful and proud to have been born on this side of the Rio Bravo
:p

and here in Mexico, most everybody's got a little bit native and a little bit European in their genes, so I honestly don't consider myself part native or part whatever, just wholly myself

Irish - I'm thankful that darn potato famine didn't last forever...
German - I'm thankful that we've only been responsible for two world wars...
Native American - I'm thankful that we weren't completely wiped out by the white man...
American - I'm thankful we're getting rid of King George II next January...

Half Irish and half German... so- Go raibh maith agat, danke schoen, and komme nicht zu spaet!

Last edited:
I'm proud of my own accomplishments, not those of my race, culture, or ethnicity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"