• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Brave and the Bold News and Discussion Thread

The report said that his and Jamie Dornan's screentests went badly.
Huh. Interesting. What was the source on that? Not doubting I’m genuinely curious.

Abbott is a very natural fit for Batman. He does fall into the trap where I could see him in The Batman a little too easily but there’s only so much you can do to avoid that.

Huh. Interesting. What was the source on that? Not doubting I’m genuinely curious.

Just prior to the SAG-AFTRA strike, Marvel conducted secret screen tests for Reed Richards, just like James Gunn was doing for Superman: Legacy — rushing to get them done in time. A group of actors flew to London, including Christopher Abbott and Jamie Dornan, and I’m told the tests did not go very well.
It quickly became apparent to Marvel that they needed a bigger name.

Then again there are probably a lot of reasons as to why maybe it didn't go well, I wouldn't be surprised if maybe he just really wasn't a fit.
Abbott is a very natural fit for Batman. He does fall into the trap where I could see him in The Batman a little too easily but there’s only so much you can do to avoid that.
I can see him in The Batman so easily I wouldn't be surprised if Matt Reeves snatches him first in some role. Hush, Scarecrow, Harvey Dent, something like that. But he hasn't yet so out of all the actors in their 30s in all honesty there is a very, very strong argument to be made that he might be the strongest contender out there for the DCU Batman. His career just seems like it's in the right spot to get something like this, even moreso than Oliver Jackson Cohen, who's the other actor in his 30s that feels the most likely to get the role.

Christopher Reeve’s Children Never Watched That ‘Flash’ CGI Cameo, Say He’d Choose ‘Remains of the Day’ Over ‘Superman’ as the Film He’s Proud of Most

Reeve’s children were asked about their thoughts on their father’s appearance in last year’s Warner Bros. comic book tentpole “The Flash.” The studio controversially used CGI to recreate his likeness for a cameo in which his iteration of Superman is spotted by Ezra Miller’s Flash out in the multiverse. None of them ever watched “The Flash” and they did not have involvement in that cameo.

Reminder that the cameos were Muschietti's idea and he had ideas for more.

Feel like they could've just brought Routh back but I suppose that would've been to sensible.

Feel like they could've just brought Routh back but I suppose that would've been to sensible.

They probably felt the Arrowverse played that card already, so it wouldn't have been a ''wow'' moment.

He would have been great though.

So they actually brought Nick Cage onto the set... only to replace him with a digital double anyway? What a waste of time and money.

I really don't know what Gunn is doing I would literally direct this movie for a fraction of the cost.

Muschietti’s gotten too much hate for The Flash (which IMO, was enjoyable enough), but nothing about what we’ve heard regarding Brave and the Bold makes me think he’s the right guy for the job and his association with a CBM that bombed as hard as Flash did will only be a black cloud hanging over the whole project as far as buzz goes.

Muschietti hasn’t gotten enough hate for The Flash. Between that baby shower scene, the uncanny valley cameos by dead actors, the horrible CGI all around, the half-assed attempt to do Flashpoint with a handful of characters, and Jar-Jar Barry running around annoying the absolute **** out of everyone, Muschetti deserves to be put in director jail for a while, rather than put in charge of arguably DC’s most important superhero. But he’s a mediocre white guy so I’m sure he’ll keep getting second chances no matter how many bombs he makes.

I’ll give you objectionable CGI, but you can hardly blame Andy for Ezra’s general… Ezra-ness. And that backlash to the baby sequence has always struck me as online fandom trying to make ourselves seem more high-brow than we really are. It wasn’t great, but it was fine.

Also, the man made a billion-dollar horror franchise in just two movies. He’s not getting put in director jail just because he pissed off the nerds.

I’ll give you objectionable CGI, but you can hardly blame Andy for Ezra’s general… Ezra-ness. And that backlash to the baby sequence has always struck me as online fandom trying to make ourselves seem more high-brow than we really are. It wasn’t great, but it was fine.

Also, the man made a billion-dollar horror franchise in just two movies. He’s not getting put in director jail just because he pissed off the nerds.

That baby sequence was an abomination. Not just because of the bad CGI, but because of how objectively stupid it was to watch Ezra tweak out in mid air while stuffing his face with food (especially when the calorie thing doesn’t really come into play anywhere else in the movie) while shoving a baby into a microwave. It was a very, very poor attempt to knock off the Quicksilver scene in DOFP. The disdain for it has nothing to do with fans being “high brow.” Give me a break. I’ll gladly call out nerds when they get on their high horses when these types of properties do things they don’t want them to do but sometimes a bad scene is just a bad scene.

What about Francis Lawrence for director? I don’t know if they’ll be making more Hunger Games prequels

What about Francis Lawrence for director? I don’t know if they’ll be making more Hunger Games prequels

Anybody would be a step up from Muschietti. I haven’t seen the Hunger Games prequel but at least in the trailers, it looked like a real movie.

Lol exactly. I don’t think he’s a visionary, but Lawrence has done quality work with blockbuster budgets.

Muschietti might be a placeholder for Gunn to come in write and direct himself. As soon as he finishes Peacemaker S2 he will probably be writing away

Muschietti might be a placeholder for Gunn to come in write and direct himself. As soon as he finishes Peacemaker S2 he will probably be writing away
Why would you have a "placeholder"? I bet Gunn co-writes the script but one suspects he'd be locked into the Superman series now and probably the inevitable Justice League movie presumably waiting in the wings.

Why would you have a "placeholder"? I bet Gunn co-writes the script but one suspects he'd be locked into the Superman series now and probably the inevitable Justice League movie presumably waiting in the wings.
Because I don’t think Muschietti will direct The Brave and The Bold

Neither do I. This does not mean he was hired as a ‘placeholder’.
That’s not why I think he was hired. I’m saying that they will only announce he’s out either with Gunn announcing he’s writing or with Gunn announcing script completion. I also think Gunn will direct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"