• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The "F.E.A.R." thread. If you buy the game, you will become manlier.

That was actually alright. I like the deep, insightful voice of the Pinata, and "a pear of pants that fit". :D

It was just bizarre. I like the graphics for this game, though.

OK fellas, I gave the 360 version of the game a test run and unfortunately it's noticeably inferior to the PC version. The most glaring omissions that caught my attention are that the gunfire sounds don't pack nearly as big a punch as they do in the PC version, and a some of the best visual filters, sound and visual effects while you're raining chaos in slow-mo seem to be criminally absent. After playing the **** out of the PC version, the 360 port just doesn't seem to measure up. Sure, if you're a first-time player, you won't know what you're missing and still have a blast with the game. But to anyone who wants to get the most out of F.E.A.R, play it on the PC if you can, because only that is where you'll get the full experience.

I knew something was off about the sound! That's f**king BS! :cmad:

You can't **** with Alma. The female pimp with the mad limp.

Fenrir said:
OK fellas, I gave the 360 version of the game a test run and unfortunately it's noticeably inferior to the PC version. The most glaring omissions that caught my attention are that the gunfire sounds don't pack nearly as big a punch as they do in the PC version, and a some of the best visual filters, sound and visual effects while you're raining chaos in slow-mo seem to be criminally absent. After playing the **** out of the PC version, the 360 port just doesn't seem to measure up. Sure, if you're a first-time player, you won't know what you're missing and still have a blast with the game. But to anyone who wants to get the most out of F.E.A.R, play it on the PC if you can, because only that is where you'll get the full experience.
Excellent. Less expensive PC version it is! :up:

Thanks Fenrir.

I love this game. It's like a military version of the x files. I just came up against cloaked enemies and at first I didn't know what hit me. Do any truly supernatural enemies show up?

Horrorfan said:
I love this game. It's like a military version of the x files. I just came up against cloaked enemies and at first I didn't know what hit me. Do any truly supernatural enemies show up?

Yes.

Oh I too loved the part where those cloaked ninja type thingies showed up. It's absolutely awesome when they jump inside the vents and try flank you while you have to rely on sound to track'em down running in the air ducts above because it's already too dark and you can't see them as is. Definitely one of my most memorable gaming moments ever. :up: :up: :up:

Fenrir said:
Yes.

Oh I too loved the part where those cloaked ninja type thingies showed up. It's absolutely awesome when they jump inside the vents and try flank you while you have to rely on sound to track'em down running in the air ducts above because it's already too dark and you can't see them as is. Definitely one of my most memorable gaming moments ever. :up: :up: :up:

Yeah it was awesome....I was taking damage and I didn't know why, and when he came back I saw a slight shimmer in the air and blew that ****er away. I will say though every time I heard odd noises after that first incident, it made me tense up and get more alert

Seriously, I feel I should beat the game but I'm totally trading it in after I do so.
The Orange Box FTW.

블라스;13790880 said:
This game is nowhere near as good as I thought it would be :(

After more than 2 f**kin' years?! No s**t, Sherlock. :dry:

whats better F.E.A.R or F.E.A.R Flies? i played one of the demos, can't remember which though, and i thought it was fun.

oh really? i thought it was a sequel or something. hehe

Blas defended this game to the death, and he hadn't really even played it? :confused:

F.E.A.R. is okay. The bars been raised too many times since its release for anyone to care about it now.

The bar had been raised too many times prior to it's release for anyone to care back then either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"