2. Desak
3. Loki
4. Doctor Strange

Season 2 Final Four:

1. Maestro
2. Iron Man
3. Pluto
4. Exodus

Hmm... I think Thanos should still be removed, but I don't think any of the others are too uber. And man I'd hate to remove Iron Man in the days of his prime in interest.

I guess I'm okay with keeping them all OR getting rid of them all for this season. I'll see what Phaed has to say about that.

Okay... Season 1 Final Four:

1. Thanos
2. Desak
3. Loki
4. Doctor Strange

Season 2 Final Four:

1. Maestro
2. Iron Man
3. Pluto
4. Exodus

Hmm... I think Thanos should still be removed, but I don't think any of the others are too uber. And man I'd hate to remove Iron Man in the days of his prime in interest.

I guess I'm okay with keeping them all OR getting rid of them all for this season. I'll see what Phaed has to say about that.

The way we said it would work is that the final four of the prior season would be out for the year, but prior final fours would be allowed.

So this season, Maestro, Iron Man, Pluto, and Exodus would be gone, but Thanos, Desak, Loki, and Doctor Strange would be allowed back in (assuming they're not tuber).

Although I mentioned the idea that all final four characters would be banned. This really would mix things up since we'd have a new final four each year, and would guarantee we bring in at least a few new characters as well. Although I guess it would feel wrong keeping some characters like Doctor Strange out, of course, there's no gurantee they wouldn't be knocked out in the first round anyway. It's just an idea.

Thanos was actually the winner of Season 1 by sheer power alone. After that we decided to give more characters a chance and omit anyone we felt was too uber poweful. What's the fun of having a character so powerful that he won't be challenged until the final 4? This way, it's challenging from round 1 and you don't really know who's going to win in the end until the final match is over. I believe that THAT is also why Sentry was removed, as well as some others. Too uber is too uber for this tournament.

If Sentry can't be included since he's too powerful, then I have to strongly object to the inclusion of the following (bear in mind Sentry's my fav character so if we don't include him on those grounds then I want to see that rule fairly applied across the board):

-WWH has been suggested. If Sentry can't be included then certainly someone how supposedly beat him shouldn't be either. Not to mention WWH doing a number of ridiculous feats in that atrocious little mini series.

-Thor. He's beaten Galactus at his classic level and at present also has Odin force abilities from what I hear. He's obviously too powerful.

-Adam Warlock. I haven't read his most recent stuff so I may be wrong here but I've been told by some that he has power levels to rival the Heralds at this point. Combine that with his unbeatable, Batman-esque, strategic planning abililties and he's unbeatable.

And I think there was another one I saw on the list I objected to on the "no uber powerful characters" concept but I forget now.

Ok, I like what you have, JH.

Arachne
Aurora
Beta Ray Bill
Madison Jeffries (Weapon X)
Northstar
Sasquatch
Shaman
Snowbird
Talisman
The Master
U.S. Agent
Weapon Omega (Michael Pointer)
Wild Child

So Phaed... do you think those in the Keep/Potentially Keep list should be added to the keep list, or put on researve to fill spaces later?

Windshear
Vindicator
Guardian (James Hudson)

(Another post will follow giving my input on various things that we've been talking about.)

Now for the Avengers... I also added in the Young Avengers just to get them out of the way. Note: The Bolded ones are new, though they may be in other sections. I don't have time to check at the moment.

Keep
Black Panther
Bloodwraith
Bulldozer
Captain America (Steve Rogers)
Captain America (Bucky)
Diablo
Dum Dum Dugan (Skrull)
Firebird
Grim Reaper
Hawkeye (Kate Bishop)
Hank Pym
Hank Pym (Skrull)
Hercules
Hulkling
Iron Fist
Iron Lad
Iron Man
Jack of Hearts
Jocasta
Kang
Klaw
Living Lightning
Lord Templar
Luke Cage
Mandarin
Ms. Marvel
Patriot
Piledriver
Proctor
Protocide
Pulsar
Purple Man
Quasar
Quicksilver
Red Skull
Sersi
She-Hulk
Speed
Spider-Woman (Skrull)
Starfox
Stature
Taskmaster
The Hood
Thunderball
Tigra
War Machine
Wasp
Wiccan
Wonderman
Wrecker
X-51
Yelina Belova (Super Adaptoid)

Potential
Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
Captain Britain (Kelsey Leigh)
Echo
Jessica Jones
Pagan
The Ghost
The Presence
Scarlet Witch
Silver Claw
Whirlwind

Drop
Attuma
Falcon & Redwing
Modok

Unsure
Clint Barton (Hawkeye or Ronin?)
Vision (Original or 2.0?)
Spider Woman (Jessica Drew) She's been the Skrull since New Avengers. Now if we have her it'd be the Jessica from way back when..

Approve, But Needs Moved
Crystal Cosmic/Misc./Inhuman
Mantis Cosmic
Quasar (Wendall Vaghn) Cosmic
Ultron Cosmic
3-D Man Initiative
Black Knight (Dane Whitman) MI:13

Last edited:
If Sentry can't be included since he's too powerful, then I have to strongly object to the inclusion of the following (bear in mind Sentry's my fav character so if we don't include him on those grounds then I want to see that rule fairly applied across the board):

-WWH has been suggested. If Sentry can't be included then certainly someone how supposedly beat him shouldn't be either. Not to mention WWH doing a number of ridiculous feats in that atrocious little mini series.

-Thor. He's beaten Galactus at his classic level and at present also has Odin force abilities from what I hear. He's obviously too powerful.

-Adam Warlock. I haven't read his most recent stuff so I may be wrong here but I've been told by some that he has power levels to rival the Heralds at this point. Combine that with his unbeatable, Batman-esque, strategic planning abililties and he's unbeatable.

And I think there was another one I saw on the list I objected to on the "no uber powerful characters" concept but I forget now.

Definately some good arguments there. But to keep things organized we'll deal with each of those when their groupings come up. I will say though, Adam Warlock isn't as powerful as he once was and should be fine. Thor and Hulk are debateable.

On the final fours of both seasons:

Originally, when JH and I came up with the rule, it was because the following season wouldn't take more than a year. While this is season 3, so much time has passed, that things have drastically changed in the Marvel Universe. Since all characters will be put up for a vote, I say for now, we include everyone and anyone.

On what characters to pick, and which ubers should be eliminated (i.e. Rulk, Warlock, Sentry):

All characters will be discussed; but, for now, let's hold off our discussion about them until they present themselves. Many will be next, like Iron Man, Sentry, ect..., anyway. Some characters, I don't hesitate because of how Uber they are...I hesitate because there really isn't sufficient knowledge about their abilities. (Like with Rulk...we don't even know who he is right now or have clearly defined power levels.) This doesn't even include that the whole Thor universe is in turmoil, and including characters like Loki will make you wonder if he's even going to be a he yet! Like I said, it's interesting discussing it now; but, probably best to stick to characters currently being discussed. (BTW, not to worry if you think about a character from a certain classification later. The last list we do is a Random List, where those characters forgotten can be brought up.)

Potential List:

We will probably have a pretty big potential list to start out. As JH pointed out, there are characters from these events, like Annihilation, that are going to be a hell of a lot more interesting to play with, than older ones, like Puck.

BTW:

Happy Holidays to you, too, Ky! Great to see you again, and glad to hear you're doing ok.

I'll have to check my myspace page today! I also am on Facebook, as a few gals begged me to be on there. I still like myspace better, though.

I'll probably comment fully on the Avengers later tonight. I'm at work with my daughter, and didn't bring all my handbooks with me. I want to make sure some of those characters are well represented, and haven't just appeared in a couple issues.

On the final fours of both seasons:

Originally, when JH and I came up with the rule, it was because the following season wouldn't take more than a year. While this is season 3, so much time has passed, that things have drastically changed in the Marvel Universe. Since all characters will be put up for a vote, I say for now, we include everyone and anyone.

I'm okay with this.

And sadly, I have to leave for work now. I'll be back for lunch in about 5 or 6 hours.

And Phaed... just a reminder. Should Guardian, Vindicator, and Windshear be added to the list, or be the first 3 people for the Potential list? I'm okay with either way.

And I made a few minor changes to that Avengers list, so be sure to look over it again before doing your workings on it.

I'm okay with this.

And sadly, I have to leave for work now. I'll be back for lunch in about 5 or 6 hours.

And Phaed... just a reminder. Should Guardian, Vindicator, and Windshear be added to the list, or be the first 3 people for the Potential list? I'm okay with either way.

If you like Guardian, go right ahead. Then, lets add Vindicator and Windshear to the top of the Potential List.

I agree with your Avengers drop list. Attuma sucks if not in water, and while I like Falcon and Redwing, they never do very good in this contest and I don't think anyone but me really would take them.

I'm not too keen on adding characters who are actually skrulls. While it was a pretty significant event, I think it's more hassle than it's worth. What are the true extent of their powers, how long were they really the character they represented in the comics, and what other skrull powers would they possess?

Let's put the idea up for discussion.

To keep things moving along, let's gather up all the potentials in a separate list? Then, if at the end, we need more characters, we can choose from those.

To keep things moving along, let's gather up all the potentials in a separate list? Then, if at the end, we need more characters, we can choose from those.

Thanos was actually the winner of Season 1 by sheer power alone. After that we decided to give more characters a chance and omit anyone we felt was too uber poweful. What's the fun of having a character so powerful that he won't be challenged until the final 4? This way, it's challenging from round 1 and you don't really know who's going to win in the end until the final match is over. I believe that THAT is also why Sentry was removed, as well as some others. Too uber is too uber for this tournament.

As for the matches... in your example... the owner of BP would debate why the Silver Surfer wouldn't win THIS TIME! It's been shown that SS could beat him, but then the owner of BP could debate that in the last fight between then BP got some armor that allowed him to go toe to toe with SS, and now he'll have even more experience and he's been shown using something in his own book that could be benefial to this new battle against SS.

And the debate goes back and forth. If character A has beaten character B a hundred times... doesn't matter. If the owner of character B can convince a majority of the voters that he can win THIS match... then he'll win and move on and character A will be eliminated from the tournament. Also a factor... each week (and I believe there's 12 matches per week starting out) is in a differant location. Black Panther Vs Silver Surver in Shi'ar airspace will give SS an advantage... but BP vs SS in Wakanda will give BP a HUGE advantage. Locations are random draw as well... so you never know. And that's all the fun of the debate.

Trust me... you'll see some major upsets here. Some of these guys are amazing debaters. In season 1 I had Nico Minoru from Runaways... a little nobody, and I took her to the 3rd or 4th round because I barely convinced the majority vote that she could beat Scorpion, Thunderstrike, and I think someone else. It took the stinkin High Evolutionary to beat her... and I think he just barely beat her.

Also in season 1... Hulk, Thor, and Spider-Man were all eliminated in round 1.

Anything can happen in this game, and that's the fun of it.

I was the mofo King of upsets in season one. Which would have been even better if I topped it off with Xavier winning over Thanos. If it wasn't for some outside interference I would have won that one as well.

Edit: Grr....you had to bring up Scorpion....:cmad:...:p

Reguarding the Skrulls... I just thought it'd be fun to include the main 3 since they were so important over the past year. However... I can compromise. How about this... let's complete drop Dugan, as he was the least of the 3. Pym and Spider-Woman have been big players since the very beginning of New Avengers (both were switched out right about the time of Disassembled, but definately before New Avengers) so everything that happened to them then, and everyone they encountered, were the Skrulls. Not only that, but both had dominate personalities and if we limit their power set only to what we saw them use then I think they're pretty distinct and useable.

Spider-Woman's the main one I think I'd like included. Giant Man is a little more iffy since there's been at least 3 differant Skrulls playing him and we don't really know when each one came in.

So okay... after thinking about it... my compromise is to drop Giant Man and Dugan and keep Spider-Woman (Verbanke) (I think that's her name).

Right now I think the only potentials that are agreed on as potentials are Vindicator and Windshear. The rest of Alpha Flight that weren't on the keep list are dropped as there wasn't enough pull for them.

Potential
Vindicator
Windshear

And that's where we are.

I was the mofo King of upsets in season one. Which would have been even better if I topped it off with Xavier winning over Thanos. If it wasn't for some outside interference I would have won that one as well.

Edit: Grr....you had to bring up Scorpion....:cmad:...:p

Scorpian sucks! Nico OWNED that dude in the sand dunes!

Hey... when blood is shed and all that. Honest... it sucks for any man when facing a woman on her period. God knows that's true of my wife.

I figured I should drop by and say "Hey I'm in." so....

Hey!
I'm in. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"