• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

X-Men The Official MCU X-Men News and Discussion Thread

Jurassic-Park-33-Hold-on-to-your-butts1.jpg

So I’m going to try to look on the bright side.

If that rumor proved to be true, then maybe the Coogler being looked at to direct is true too.

That would give me hope.

Last edited:
Coogler would be terrific, but Barry Jenkins is my number 1.

Im not familiar.... was the Black Panther movies writer a black writer too?
Im trying to find out if that was one of those rare cases of a Marvel/superhero movie where both the writer and director were black. I dont remember any particular case.
So Im wondering if Coogler would sign on with a script written by any random white writer (you know what I mean)

Im trying to find out if that was one of those rare cases of a Marvel/superhero movie where both the writer and director were black. I dont remember any particular case.
So Im wondering if Coogler would sign on with a script written by any random white writer (you know what I mean)
I'm certain another writer will be hired for the second or third draft. And whoever directs may take a pass at the script as well.

Its liketly, I guess.
Tho it seems in this case, Lesslie use to be the final main writer of the movies he's been involved, so maybe he is stronger than the usual "first writers" Marvel used to sign on lesser known films/properties.

The first writer hired for Black Panther was Mark Bailey back in 2011. Then around the time Coogler was being reported for talks to direct in late 2015, Joe Robert Cole was reported to being the new writer on the movie.

not familiar with any of them, but I see they started with a white writer to then sign a black one.
Interesting. Interesting how Hollywood works sometimes...

The first writer hired for Black Panther was Mark Bailey back in 2011. Then around the time Coogler was being reported for talks to direct in late 2015, Joe Robert Cole was reported to being the new writer on the movie.

Wow, Coogler was hired 2 months after the writer... Maybe those 2025 start date rumors are true.

I only know of Lesslie through Assassin's Creed, cautiously optimistic with this choice.

The newest Hunger Games film was just okay.

Don't expect any SDCC announcement. We don't even know MCU's 2026 line up and X-Men won't be included in there.

I don't know, there's something that feels a little rushed when compared to FF.

But let's wait and see.
It could be Marvel Studios and Disney wanting to strike while the X-Men iron is hot due to X-Men 97 being a current big thing, thus keeping X-Men in the conversation a bit longer.

I want this so badly I'm not sure I care who works on it -- especially if Gambit is in it and they don't kill him off, lol.

I still wanted DeMayo tho. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Coogler sounds like a safe choice, but I'd rather see someone new.

Given how long is it taking Marvel Studios to release Marvel Studios' Blade and Marvel Studios' The Fantastic 4.

I wouldn't say they are rushing a X-Men reboot. They are probably working on 12 different projects right now, if not more... :xmen:

I still wanted DeMayo tho. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Coogler sounds like a safe choice, but I'd rather see someone new.
So you'd rather have DeMayo who was already fired by Disney and has a lot of allegations of being difficult to work with.

And yet Ryan Coogler which already gave us two Marvel films that are above average,with the first one being a cultural moment - is a safe choice and therefore Marvel should look for someone else....

I couldn't disagree more with that.

I want this so badly I'm not sure I care who works on it -- especially if Gambit is in it and they don't kill him off, lol.

I want them to go all out and give us every heavy hitter there is. I want an A-list roster.

So you'd rather have DeMayo who was already fired by Disney and has a lot of allegations of being difficult to work with.

And yet Ryan Coogler which already gave us two Marvel films that are above average,with the first one being a cultural moment - is a safe choice and therefore Marvel should look for someone else....

I couldn't disagree more with that.
One is a writer, the other a director.

Also, the report says he was annoying to people above him. And his only fans is another reason cited.

“[DeMayo] is a nice guy, but impossible to deal with. Like, truly an absolute nightmare to deal with on a daily basis. He’s been really annoying them [Marvel leadership] for a while now, and it has nothing to do with the fact that there’s a lot of diversity and LGBTQ stuff in X-Men. It’s just that he’s really prickly and difficult to work with.”

“This insider also suggested that DeMayo’s activity on Only Fans did not go over well with his Disney bosses, who found some of his behavior ‘creepy.’”

His onlyfans is old, but his nudes are recent.

Anyway, I don't know what happened and still think he could do a great job. That's what I think.

We'll all be giving our money to Don't Say Gay Disney anyway.

Disney still likes to present itself as a family friendly company so any whiff of immoral or improper behaviour (criminal or otherwise) would get someone kicked out. Posting nudes on only fans would do it as it goes directly against the image Disney wants to project.

beau did great with ‘97 but now everyone is acting like he’s the only person who can write X-MEN… i agree with Fabian Nicieza on this what the writers on TAS & 97 did was just adapting the x books for the masses
We've seen twice now trying to adapt Phoenix and both times failing so....adapting the books and making necessary changes as 97 did (which is VERY MCU in streamlining) is the way to go.

We've seen twice now trying to adapt Phoenix and both times failing so....adapting the books and making necessary changes as 97 did (which is VERY MCU in streamlining) is the way to go.

Yet, in some cases, they adapted to just adapt. I am a big fan of Maddie, and I acknowledge she is a c list character for most. And the complete rewriting of her character isn't a big deal to most. They did not need to adapt her. But they did, because for whatever reason, they wanted to be "comic accurate". Not only tossing away a decently fun storyline, but forcing changes to a story that honestly, never really should be adapted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"